Sign in to follow this  
cgg199

One BIG (or rather small) Request

Hi! I'm relatively new on Eurobricks, but I have followed the progress on the sight, by looking at peoples MOC's etc. for some time.

Not too long ago, I thought that I would try and design a realistic sidecar, using knowledge that I have learned from my years of Lego. I made a nice chassis, and fully functional suspension and steering, but for me, this wasn't enough. I've tried several times, to create a sequential gearbox (preferably 4-6 speed) that will fit inside the slim chassis, but I've not had any luck. This leads me on to my question. Is there anyone, who would be able to design a gearbox for the sidecar, that its within a 16x7x7 stud space (the whole chassis area left for a gearbox)? Is it even possible to make a 4 speed sequential in such a tight space? Oh, and by the way, full credit will go to everyone who can help me with this.

Thanks.

Were is the 'dog clutch'?

That gearbox does not look like a sequential gearbox but rather a standard H shaped gearbox.

because it's not-I'm pretty sure. I recall sheepo's mini cooper s had a 4 speed sequential gearbox but i'm not sure about the dimensions...

this guy made the best 3+R i've ever seen till now...

but im upgrading it saving a lot of space....:P in a while we're gonna have a new extremely small 3+r gearbox

(wich im gonna use on my Lancia)

That is pretty clever. The most challenging part for me was always the ratchet mechanism. I like that it's rotational (possibly making in limitless) instead of a long linear one.

yeah that's the genius part...absolutely!

i did it half of the height, im trying to figure out how to add other 2 gears to have a 5+r

If you could as another two gears (or if not) could you send me an LXF file, or some detailed pics of the 5 speed gearbox? That would be absolutely perfect for my Sidecar, and probably future mica as well.

Sariel has one, but i cannot upload pictures because of the limit >_>

You are supposed to link them from the website or from your photo host,more info can be found here.

There not sequential, so probably wouldn't work in a sidecar, but thanks, because I could use them in my cars.