Crystal Quest Chapter 5: The Council of Leaders

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Cicchini

Jason Cicchini

• Big Horn Historican

Member: 9064

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

And so, Lord Kelperth of Darwynia sent out, by personal courier, a call to the Lords and Leaders of the surrounding provinces. They convene in the Royal Keep in Darwynia to discuss recent developments...

Posted Image

Kelperth: "Esteemed friends, colleagues, acquaintances, I welcome you to Darwynia. Thank you to all for coming. I have gathered you all here to discuss the latest edict from our Lord High King of Cedrica: the Search for the Crystal of Earth."

Posted Image

deGothia: "I concede that we are all peaceful neighbors, but this meeting might prove futile. Surely, we all want to be the one to find it, and bring glory to our homes."

Kelperth: "Indeed, but the very importance is finding it! If we all share our information-"

Posted Image

Zakon Goldblade: "Don't be a fool, Kelperth. What makes you think any of them would willingly share information? The very idea is ridiculously weak. Why, in my day-"

Posted Image

Arlindus: "When was that, the Forgotten Age?"

Posted Image

deGothia: "Men! Let us take a moment to consider this. Every kingdom is buzzing with rumors. Someone will find this crystal. Do you want it to be the wrong sort? Someone who will abuse its power?"

William Harkenshire: "You speak truth, good sir. Already, I have heard rumors that dark things move from the Enchanted Forest, moving closer to the Eastern Plains. It is said they are searching for something powerful."

Posted Image

Moriartus: "I've heard the opposite, that several nations have sent people to the Mystic Isles."

Arlindus: "But, with the Isles themselves changing constantly, it could be a lifetime before anyone even finds a clue."

Posted Image

WhiteTiger: "Lord Kelperth, our cartographers have mapped nearly every inch of Avalonia. Surely, if this crystal were anywhere obvious, one of our teams would have found its location by now."

Kelperth: "Then, are we to abandon all hope already? None of you can tell me that once this council is adjourned, your own searches will not continue, with efforts doubled?"

There is a slow murmor of assent.

Posted Image

Abruptly, an echoing crash rings through the meeting hall as the heavy wooden doors are thrown open. A lone soldier, huffing and near to exhaustion, runs into the room. He attempts to bow and keep moving at the same time, stops at the foot of the table, and commences to babble incoherently.

Kelperth: "Halt, halt good solder! Take a breath, and then speak your news."

Soldier: "My Lord Darwyn, and esteemed guests, my greatest apologies for the interruption! I bring news from Sir Shyre. It is of the utmost importance-"

Posted Image

Zakon: "Speak, man!"

Posted Image

Soldier: "He regrets his absence, but he has allied with the two legendary hunters Sharra Fowpaw and Dornir Threeleaves. They are on their way to find the Crystal of Earth!"

Soon after, the meeting ends. Kelperth sees Zakon Goldblade out to his chariot.

Posted Image

Kelperth: "Perhaps you'd think I shouldn't tell you this, but my man is headed into the mountains of Antyria."

Zakon: "Why am I not surprised? My lands are full of magic. I knew it was hidden somewhere in the mountains, hence why I claimed that land."

Kelperth: "Will you not assist my friend? If he believes in his quest, then so do I. The glory is not what I seek, you know that."

Zakon: "My forces will not move against yours, nor will they abandon their own quest to help yours. However...If there is trouble, you may count them as allies."

Posted Image

Kelperth: "Thank you, Lord GoldBlade. It has been an honor to meet you."

Posted Image

Zakon: "Nothing at all, m'boy! Should you ever wish to visit my lands yourself, you would always be welcome. And now, everything starts coming together..."

End Chapter 5

Lord Khelperth Darwyn of Avalonia
Master Cartographer, High King of the Elves

#2 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Awesome MOC, great to see so many Avalonians in one creation. I particularly like the chairs, simple but effective. waiting for more of this story.
=Legonardo=

Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#3 Zach Mills

Zach Mills

Member: 26901

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

I look forward to seeing the rest of the story. like Legonardo Davidy said, it's awesome seeing so many of the characters that our fellow Avalonians have created all in one place.

#4 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Great story Jason! The dialogue is really good and as said by others it´s fun to see so many of us Avalonians!

Love the furniture and the table that is flooded by maps and letters!

I´m eager to see what´s next!  :classic:

Edited by de Gothia, 05 May 2012 - 10:22 AM.

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#5 MikeyB

MikeyB

• Closet Nocturnus Fan

Member: 4147

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Why Have I never thought of using those window frames for chair backs.  They seem perfect  good job.

It always great to see Arlindus in others MOC as well.  Of course he couldn't stay long as he need to head back to Circardia to follow up on his own leads to find the Earth Crystal.

Mikey

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman

#6 Lord Derfel Cadarn

Lord Derfel Cadarn

• Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

Nice work jason! Great pics and a enjoyable story scene. :thumbup:
Posted Image     Posted Image                                                                          
                                    Lord Of The Dark Isle                 
                                                      My Flickr

#7 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Nice! I love how you did me!(i know how that sound's) What is that armor? Got's any extra?
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#8 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Little Boney

Member: 1043

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostCaptain BeerBeard, on 07 May 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Nice! I love how you did me!(i know how that sound's) What is that armor? Got's any extra?

If you are talking about the greyish armor piece, it is the troll armor.  Bricklink link.  I might have a few if you have a worthy trade...

The minifig parts underneath though... I think you borrowed the gold armor from someone else.  :wink:

As for the MOC- quite lovely.  It has a nice atmosphere and the photos are great.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#9 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

Very nicely done (and good chairs too)!

Looks like the Drow missed a real opportunity there to take out most of the Avalonian leadership at one time!
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#10 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Cool to see all the Avalonians together  :thumbup:  The wall behind them works nicely as well  :classic:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users