Sign in to follow this  
LosLEGOs

REVIEW: 6740 Xtreme Tower

16760039783_81f59fc9a1_b.jpg

Packing photos (front only).

2.png

The autopsy and the contents (instructions and bags).

3.png

6740-1.jpg

024.jpg

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

The minifigures.

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

19.png

20.png

21.png

Model.

22.png

23.png

24.png

25.png

26.png

27.png

28.png

29.png

30.png

General appearance.

31.png

32.png

The basic model and its functions.

33.jpg

34.png

35.png

36.png

37.png

38.png

39.png

40.png

41.png

42.png

43.png

44.png

45.png

46.png

47.png

Edited by LosLEGOs

Thanks for the review--brings back memories! I was 13 when this set came out, and I had been a huge LEGO Island fan since the very first game. I remember being so excited to hear that a LEGO Island theme was finally happening, and then being slightly disappointed by these sets (even though I got several).

As a 2002 set, this isn't too bad at all--decent building design and lots of cool play features (I remember that bungee jump being lots of fun). The disappointment came when I realized that this was supposed to be the Information Center, which had been a bigger (and cooler) building in the first two games (plus, why is the Infomaniac so grouchy-looking here?). But as a standalone set, it was fun--thanks for taking the time to photograph it!

Ha...love it...this was an era of Lego I missed during my 'Dark Ages'. It also explains some recent unexplained issues I have had...

I picked up a few job lots of lego on ebay/car boot sales, ....and have found a load of these minifigs with weird facial details (same as above) and I was convinced that I had some clone/knock offs amongst the bricks :grin: now I realise that Lego took their design in a certain direction late 90's/into the 2000s.

Great review...I really enjoy this type of post featuring sets that aren't just on the shelves.

So what's the deal with that packaging? Unless I'm horribly confused, there's the typical color-printed box that would sit on the shelf, and inside there was black-and-white printed bags with all the parts, and another black-and-white box? What was the idea behind all that?