Hi everyone! I got this interesting idea of a fire station some time ago, and built this in two weeks, the fastest building I have done so far.

I have no intention to get the now-expensive 10197 Fire Brigade, which doesn't really appeal to me. However, I am thinking, if I am to build a fire station, what design should it be?

17244117222_5715bf9c0c_c.jpg

All fire stations have the distinctive feature of the big gates for fire trucks and the walls that separate them, no matter what the buildings look like. I took that idea, and thought about extending these bays to the second storey. At the same time, what if the interior walls grow so big that they grow outside of the facade walls?

16623400234_7a6662705e_c.jpg

17058089128_fcd811b67b_c.jpg

And so I turned the sketches into real thing. I choose dark red as it is less prominent than bright red, giving a more sophisticated color scheme for the city.

16625660833_98ebf30975_c.jpg

17245303211_ea5812ab6d_c.jpg

17219892616_d0385f1b3d_c.jpg

Inside, you have everything a normal fire station would have: parking bays and equipment racks on the ground floor:

17245302621_01917d7193_c.jpg

Captain talking to the staff...

17245302491_184d3289a7_c.jpg

On the second floor, there are pantry, resting room and toilet on the top. There is even a ping-pong table for the firemen!

17244115932_04b6b2e891_c.jpg

"Hey why are you two playing table tennis on the street, huh?"

17038440727_52e03c67f6_c.jpg

One of the play features here is the light. I put the red light brick at the corner and so when there is alarm, you can light it up and the firemen will be ready to go!

17038441847_4d918d30ac_c.jpg

I hope you like this modern building design, thanks!

This is great! It's not often that I see modernist modulars, but this captures the look of a modern fire station perfectly! I particularly like the top floor--both the exterior and the interior.

I love your designs, it's great to see the results of professional's work in a LEGO form :)

Really great design, niteangel. I liked it instantly when I saw it this morning. It is so interesting to see how an architect interpret the bricks :classic:

Will it be ok, if I borrow the general idea/concept for my own fire station? For hours I kept thinking about how it could be after seeing this piece of work.

Lovely, just lovely. I like the modern look of it and the idea of those walls breaking through - and your presentation is impeccable. It's easy to see that you spent a considerable amount of time on this. Well built!

Love this modern fire station. I like how you set the second floor windows back and then you added the large beams and columns, then used the dark red with the contrast of the black framed windows. Adds some great architectural detail and I love post modernism architecture.

Very innovative style and lots of great details. I like the table tennis table and the little weeds on the roof.

Now please replace all the exterior dark red with masonry facade bricks. :wink:

Now please replace all the exterior dark red with masonry facade bricks. :wink:

I will have to disagree on that statement as I like that he used very limited amount of masonry bricks. Yes, masonry bricks can be very beautiful and a welcomed addition to the LEGO building blocks, but I don't feel like they are needed in this design. Post Modernism architecture can have some beautiful lines and curves but can also be brutalist as well and I think if this was really built it would be colored concrete and would be a stunning addition to a small town.

This is great.

It is also something that would not look out of place if it was built in real life too.

Thanks everyone! :D I am glad that you all like it!

This works very well. Nice modern design. I like it!

Any shots how it looks next to other modulars?

Will do! Gimme a day and I will take some photos of it with others! :D I promise!

I will have to disagree on that statement as I like that he used very limited amount of masonry bricks. Yes, masonry bricks can be very beautiful and a welcomed addition to the LEGO building blocks, but I don't feel like they are needed in this design. Post Modernism architecture can have some beautiful lines and curves but can also be brutalist as well and I think if this was really built it would be colored concrete and would be a stunning addition to a small town.

I agree too. I only used a little above the entrance to add some details and patterns, but I will stick to the clean finishing of the current design. :D Thanks!

Really great design, niteangel. I liked it instantly when I saw it this morning. It is so interesting to see how an architect interpret the bricks :classic:

Will it be ok, if I borrow the general idea/concept for my own fire station? For hours I kept thinking about how it could be after seeing this piece of work.

Why not! Please go ahead! :D

Quite a nice design you have there. The architectural cues based on the bays extending up to the first floor is a nice touch. I do enjoy seeing a pole in the station too. Many places now days are afraid of them for insurance/litigation reasons. The light brick is an awesome idea. All you need next is a custom sound brick setup and you're golden.

Thank you Zug :) sounds like the sound brick is the most requested feature and let me find out how to do that! (thank God I had some old bricks with that feature, just need to dig it out!)

It's really nice (and I'm not (yet) a big fan of post-modern architecture). The only thing is with the trip hazards and absence of guardrail on the first floor balcony. I'm not sure it would survive its OHS inspection. :laugh:

Edited by dr_sarcophagus

I saw this before on the AFOL Facebook group and studied the pictures for about ten minutes then. Still did it again for another ten minutes - beautiful architecture and design.

What a lovely and modern design. Choosing dark red was great - it works much better than just red. I'm impressed with your sketches - they add a ''pro'' effect. :-)

Thanks! :D Probably because I am an architect, I like to sketch out ideas first before putting the bricks together! :P

It's really nice (and I'm not (yet) a big fan of post-modern architecture). The only thing is with the trip hazards and absence of guardrail on the first floor balcony. I'm not sure it would survive its OHS inspection. :laugh:

I think we will need to modify it a little bit before the actual inspection! :P Thanks for that info!