- Jim Butcher (Crew) - Team Leader

- Schmelt (Crew)

- Arin Schafer (P)

- Mayor Brown (T)

- Charlie Williams (T)

- Constable O'Reilly (T)

avjim.jpgavschmelt.jpgavarin.jpg

avmayor.jpgavcharlie.jpgavoreilly.jpg

"Well, I think we need to get to the bottom of this", Jim Butcher demands, "there's something definately rotten in Denmark (no offence intended Schmelt). Mayor, I'd like you to take us to Main Street, and perhaps even put us into a hotel for the night, as I'm not sure I want to be out after dark in this town. There may; however, be some things along Main Street that we'd like to see first. If you're really the friendly "non-crazed", "non-murdering" Mayor who you claim to be, I'm sure you won't mind us snooping around a bit. I'd like to find out more about this strange little town".

"Shall we get started", Jim asks...

So, where do you fellows want to go first? Perhaps we should just start moving through the town, and we can stop and examine anything that catches your interests.

Sounds good to me! Show us the sights! Give us the history! We are at your mercy.... no, I mean to say we're at your disposal... that doesn't sound right either... We are at your service? Oh damn! Just start the tour already!

Mayor, perhaps you could give us an overview of the sites on Main Street and then we can decide where to go first. I think that might be helpful before we start snooping.

Mayor, perhaps you could give us an overview of the sites on Main Street and then we can decide where to go first. I think that might be helpful before we start snooping.

avmayor.jpg

Well, there's the town hall, we have a small hotel, and even the old jail. That's about it for the sites down on Main Street. Perhaps some of the others might suggest what you folks would like to check out first.

Okay, thanks Mister Brown. I think we should start at the Town Hall, to learn more about this eerie place (no offense, townies) and maybe even find some clues. If it's still light out after that, we can scrounge the jail for clues and then turn in for the night at the hotel. Does this sound good to anyone?

Sounds perfect, Jim! You're a natural born leader :wub:

Okay, thanks Mister Brown. I think we should start at the Town Hall, to learn more about this eerie place (no offense, townies) and maybe even find some clues. If it's still light out after that, we can scrounge the jail for clues and then turn in for the night at the hotel. Does this sound good to anyone?

That sounds all well and good, but after our little "tour", I believe we should start forming our ideas on how to get out of here. :hmpf_bad:

You arrive in an extremely quiet Main Street as you get the feeling that Willoughby has been set back in time 30-40 years. There are two buildings that the Mayor points out. One is an unmarked town hall, the other a hotel that seems to be under renovation, with a large crane and scaffolding out front.

As you make your way toward the buildings, an unsettling feeling comes over you. This is definately a strange place, you think to yourselves, and quiet... almost too quiet...

07.jpg

Sounds perfect, Jim! You're a natural born leader :wub:

Why thank you, Schmelt. :blush:

That sounds all well and good, but after our little "tour", I believe we should start forming our ideas on how to get out of here. :hmpf_bad:

That would be team four's job.

So, now that we have a good idea on what Main Street looks like, shall we head off to the town hall? As long as my plan is okay with the rest of you...

So, now that we have a good idea on what Main Street looks like, shall we head off to the town hall? As long as my plan is okay with the rest of you...

Yes, let's get a move on. I want to see the Swedish Eiffel Tower (SWET) before night falls :hmpf_bad: What are we waiting for?

I'm ok with the decision to go to town hall first.

The small group of six make their way toward the single blue-painted door of the town hall. Admiring the "Classic Town" architecture, the mayor points out that the structure was built in the 20s, before running water and indoor plumbing.

avmayor.jpg

Well, this is our lovely town hall folks. Isn't it a lovely building? a real "Legend" if you will. It's two floors with a large office on the 2nd. I've also got a little yellow lemon parked in the garage (never know when you need to make a "clean-get-away", if you know what I mean). I don't drive much, as it's been a while since we got our last Octan fuel wagon in. Trains just don't stop here like they use to, but we're glad you folks were able to visit, even if it's just to repair your train.

Does anyone else feel suspicious about that car? I think we should check it out first.

Welcome to mainstreet, sorry for the late welcome I was finishing up my patrol.

I guard the jail over there.

Does anyone else feel suspicious about that car? I think we should check it out first.

I don't see what we can learn from the car if we can't drive it anywhere.

I'm more interested in the mayor's office. It must have all kinds of interesting civic paperwork! Details of the true history of the town, list of residents (one who is possibly is aboard the EE and sabotaged it), requisition forms for bulk bullets and so on. You can learn a lot about a town from its bureaucracy!

What say you Arin?

As you discuss whether or not to check out the car or the Mayor's office first, Jim opens the door to the dark garage. "Just a quick peek", he says as he sees the little yellow classic. "Isn't she a beauty"? the Mayor adds.

09.jpg

I don't see what we can learn from the car if we can't drive it anywhere.

I'm more interested in the mayor's office. It must have all kinds of interesting civic paperwork! Details of the true history of the town, list of residents (one who is possibly is aboard the EE and sabotaged it), requisition forms for bulk bullets and so on. You can learn a lot about a town from its bureaucracy!

What say you Arin?

I say that is a fine idea. I agree that the mayor's office will definitely be interesting. I think the car could be dangerous. Also, the mayor didn't mention his office being in this building, but I assume it is. At least some records would be held in this building. We should explore the offices. Mr. O'Reily, how many people are held in the jail and what sort of charges have they been convicted of? I'd like to visit the jail after we are done here and talk to the inmates if there are any. I bet they will tell us the truth.

Jim! I have a bad feeling about that car!

Ahh yes, I probably care too much about that car, considering how little I use it, but I guess I can't help it. :wub: You may notice that I keep it in top condition, and there's no reason for it to be a danger to any of you. Even if we had the fuel available though, I don't think it'd be much help. Only one of you would comfortably fit in it at a time.

Ahh yes, I probably care too much about that car, considering how little I use it, but I guess I can't help it. :wub: You may notice that I keep it in top condition, and there's no reason for it to be a danger to any of you. Even if we had the fuel available though, I don't think it'd be much help. Only one of you would comfortably fit in it at a time.

Well, if Jim is so interested he can stay down here while we rifle through the Mayor's drawers... desk drawers I mean.

Mayor, why is the town so quiet? Where is everyone? We haven't seen a soul since we arrived.

Even the 2 townspeople accompanying us are freakishly quiet and well-behaved. You yourself are a model of politeness. Are you sure his town isn't really called Stepford?

Mayor, why is the town so quiet? Where is everyone? We haven't seen a soul since we arrived.

As far as I know, all the residents went to meet the train, and are now out and about trying to help you folks.

Even the 2 townspeople accompanying us are freakishly quiet and well-behaved. You yourself are a model of politeness. Are you sure his town isn't really called Stepford?

Thank you, sir. You yourself have been quite courteous towards us. I'm afraid I don't get the reference though.

Thank you, sir. You yourself have been quite courteous towards us. I'm afraid I don't get the reference though.

As we climb the stairs to your office, perhaps you might tell us why you have such a high population of people who seem to think you are out to do them harm? Some of them are clearly mentally deranged and confined here for the safety of the greater population of the US of A, but is it true that you don't allow your constituents to leave? I guess that's one way of guaranteeing an election win!

Was there anyone aboard the Emerald Express you recognised? A former resident perhaps? You small town folk generally know everyone by name and face!

Okay, okay, I'll go up with you guys. Obviously there is nothing of interest in the car (as the Voice says).

*psst* Schmelt, when we get up to the office, sit down at the Mayor's desk before he does. I've seen movies where they hide guns under the desks.

*psst* Schmelt, when we get up to the office, sit down at the Mayor's desk before he does. I've seen movies where they hide guns under the desks.

*Jim, I was trying to distract the mayor so you could do a quick search of the car before joinin us. Never mind! The Mayor might not have left you alone anyway. However clearly the car is important in some way... maybe there's something in the glovebox or trunk?*

Feel free to pop the hood of the car if you would like, Jim. If you think the outside looks good, wait until you see her engine.

So I take it we'll be looking at the town hall first? Lets circle the building so you all can get a good look at the architecture of this beautiful building. They definitely don't build these like they used to.

After that, would you like to see the ground floor first, or skip right to the second floor? I would suggest looking at both floors if you want to see everything.

you might tell us why you have such a high population of people who seem to think you are out to do them harm? Some of them are clearly mentally deranged and confined here for the safety of the greater population of the US of A, but is it true that you don't allow your constituents to leave? I guess that's one way of guaranteeing an election win!

I admit that I gave some of the people who left a difficult time, but I didn't mean any harm. Willoughby is a great town, and I hate to see it abandoned. Howard we are actually forcing to stay in town right now. Due to his condition, he is not allowed to travel alone, and as you might understand no one wants to be responsible for him.

*lowers voice slightly* As the mayor, I do have control over certain things, but most of the town's concerns are handled by a Town Council, which holds the real power around here. They have been known to use fear to control the town and its inhabitants. I can't give you any details on who is in the council, but you need to be careful about who you trust around here. I have visions of making this town great again, but most of my ideas are forcefully rejected. I'm not entirely sure why, but the council and I aren't on good terms at the moment.