I thought the polar bear Chima figs fit well in Mitgardia, particularly the Frozen Beyond, so I built a ice/snow fortress for them. "Svellbjorn" means ice-bear in Norse.
The corner stone technique was borrowed from Andrew JN.

The Svellbjorn are natives of the Frozen Beyond in Mitgardia, though their tendency to rarely venture outside their territory keeps their existence relatively unknown.
overview-1.jpg

Right-4.jpg

tower.jpg

Some hunters are bringing in a shark.
shark.jpg

group.jpg

And a fun shot, with a bit of glare off the 'ice':
o-lit.jpg
There are a few more pictures on brickbuilt. I may do more with the Svellbjorn in the future, I imagine them to be enemies of the Algus.

C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Interesting race, these Svellbjorn, and very Nice build! Tough I'm no fan of the colour-scheme of the wall, I love the water!

This looks great! It is so rare to see a castle built in colours other than the stock standard, greys, browns, tans and occasionally reds- a transparent one is a really refreshing change. :classic:

Great idea! Love how different races comes alive!! I like the Wall and tower with it's different colours!

I love the ice! I grew up somewhere where they built an ice castle for a winter festival each year, and this definitely reminds me of that. I particularly enjoy the sideways white bricks on the corners.The battlements, too, look like upside down icicles, which is a great feature, and the tooth pieces over the doorway is an inspired touch. Elsa from Frozen could not have done better! I also enjoy the minifigs in this build, especially the crossbowman, as the hat makes him look like a Russian or Siberian bear-man.

Interesting race, these Svellbjorn, and very Nice build! Tough I'm no fan of the colour-scheme of the wall, I love the water!

Thanks Titus, we recently got more trans blue plates while at BFVA, so it was nice to use them here :classic:

Great build and minifigs!

Thanks!

This looks great! It is so rare to see a castle built in colours other than the stock standard, greys, browns, tans and occasionally reds- a transparent one is a really refreshing change. :classic:

Thanks BC, it was rather fun to build, though at first I wasn't sure how it would work out.

Great idea! Love how different races comes alive!! I like the Wall and tower with it's different colours!

Thanks dG, it is fun to create different races/people groups :classic:

Really nice, frozen look at the tower :thumbup:

Thanks Gunman!

I love the ice! I grew up somewhere where they built an ice castle for a winter festival each year, and this definitely reminds me of that. I particularly enjoy the sideways white bricks on the corners.The battlements, too, look like upside down icicles, which is a great feature, and the tooth pieces over the doorway is an inspired touch. Elsa from Frozen could not have done better! I also enjoy the minifigs in this build, especially the crossbowman, as the hat makes him look like a Russian or Siberian bear-man.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the icicle battlements, once I decided on an ice fortress, I knew I had to include those :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

It's neat that nocty isn't the only one with a new non human race. I like how it seems the snow makes up the corners and the ice makes up the structure.

Great build Sk, though im jealous of your amount of clear bricks. The snow and ice works really well but my favourite part is the water.

A race of bear people who hunt sharks? Not a group I'd want to mess with!

Interesting use of color and texture on that tower, the result is quite impressive. The half frozen water is particularly good. Such a cool looking race with their own distinct architecture, I hope we see more of these folks!

Excellent castle and very unique colorscheme! It looks fantastic! I also really like the frozen icicle battlements. I find it kind of ironic that they are enemies of the Algus because I used the bear head as the Algus in all my builds ( They didn't look that great but I could never find out what head everyone else was using, so I just made do)

This is an awesome repurposing of Chima figures and banners. The build is fantastic. I've always wanted to make a transparent castle of my own, it's great to see what the concept looks like.

Good work!

That's the coolest (heh, unintentional) snow fort I've ever seen, LEGO or otherwise.

It's neat that nocty isn't the only one with a new non human race. I like how it seems the snow makes up the corners and the ice makes up the structure.

Thanks Blufiji :classic:

Wow! Those walls look great. And now I can have a use for my few Chima figs...

Thanks, yeah, had to figure out something to do with those guys :laugh:

Great build Sk, though im jealous of your amount of clear bricks. The snow and ice works really well but my favourite part is the water.

Thanks, this was pretty parts intensive.

A race of bear people who hunt sharks? Not a group I'd want to mess with!

Interesting use of color and texture on that tower, the result is quite impressive. The half frozen water is particularly good. Such a cool looking race with their own distinct architecture, I hope we see more of these folks!

Thanks ME. I imagine they hunt from boats, but I didn't have space to include one. They are a quite a formidable race for sure. I would like to do more with them, we'll see how quickly that happens though.

Excellent castle and very unique colorscheme! It looks fantastic! I also really like the frozen icicle battlements. I find it kind of ironic that they are enemies of the Algus because I used the bear head as the Algus in all my builds ( They didn't look that great but I could never find out what head everyone else was using, so I just made do)

Thanks, I figured the Frozen Beyond could use some non-baddies, plus these guys trying to defend their territory from the Algus could make for some great builds :grin:

This is an awesome repurposing of Chima figures and banners. The build is fantastic. I've always wanted to make a transparent castle of my own, it's great to see what the concept looks like.

Good work!

Thank you :sweet:

That's the coolest (heh, unintentional) snow fort I've ever seen, LEGO or otherwise.

Thanks!

Edited by soccerkid6

Fantastic work here, I really like how spiky everything is :thumbup: The trans dark blue water, and magenta bushes help to add a nice touch of color.

Great border design too :classic:

On 8/29/2016 at 9:29 AM, Mpyromaxos said:

Awesome frozen building!! Loved it! :wub:
You should build a Castle with this technic Isaac! :wink:

Thanks! And a castle in this design is a great idea :thumbup:

On 9/12/2016 at 8:11 AM, LittleJohn said:

Fantastic work here, I really like how spiky everything is :thumbup: The trans dark blue water, and magenta bushes help to add a nice touch of color.
Great border design too :classic:

Thanks LJ!

Wow, a fantasticĀ and unique castle! I know this is a few months old, but I was wondering whether you'd mind if I used the Svellbjorn in a few builds for my character story?Ā :sweet:

2 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Wow, a fantasticĀ and unique castle! I know this is a few months old, but I was wondering whether you'd mind if I used the Svellbjorn in a few builds for my character story?Ā :sweet:

Thanks Legofin, and I always enjoy seeing others implement my characters/locations :classic:

2 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Thanks Legofin, and I always enjoy seeing others implement my characters/locations :classic:

I'll take that as a yes then, thank you, thought it'd be best to ask before buying a few polar bears and implementing them in my story, but they'll most probably play a key role now, I'll be sure to credit you for themĀ :sweet: