Sign in to follow this  
Matn

Blacktron & Body Miners

I'll introduce you to two new Blacktron figures and a Body Miners figure. Body Miners?

While I was sorting last week I found some interesting legpieces, so I tried them out with my two Blacktron figures:

3167497132_ab07573352.jpg

Then Body Miners... I wanted to make something new, based on a real LEGO theme. In Body Miners people shrink themselves to investigate human's bodies and protect the body against evil virusses and disseases. There's a special team of men who've signed themselves up to do this work: the Body Miners. There should also be a few enemies; I'll make them later.

3165883517_2736f24f0d.jpg

Update:

I've made the opponents of the Body Miners. They are the Viruses. But if somebody comes up with a good name for them, I'd love to hear it.

3170800381_115070db7f.jpg

Update

Edited by Matn

Thanks. With BeLUG, on clubdays in the evening, we do lots of fun things. Including buying loose pieces in big boxes. I found a pair of those legs in it and I put them in my bag of bricks to buy. But I really don't know in which set they came. I'll start a search. =)

EDIT: found it! http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=970c00pb35

Edited by Matn

Those legs look very much like the Alpha Team legs of the last sets. The Arctic section of the theme, when their uniforms and logo went under a drastic redesign and the character lineup changed considerably.

Cool modifications to the Blacktron, those legs make a great addition, and the Body Miners are pure win :classic:

Great work- the Body Miner looks great; nice use of those legs.

Those legs look very much like the Alpha Team legs of the last sets. The Arctic section of the theme, when their uniforms and logo went under a drastic redesign and the character lineup changed considerably.

Ding ding ding! You are correct- those are indeed Arctic Alpha Team pants.

Those first combos are awesome.

And Body Miners! How funny - I'm currently working on a MOC that involves exactly what your Body Miners theme emcompasses. :laugh: (Inspired by "Body Wars"). Cool, cool concept.

The BlackTron figs look great. Fabulous job on the minifigures. :thumbup:

Thanks guys for those nice reactions, it encourages me. :classic:

What a huge coincidence, SirNadroj, I'm looking forward to your MOC. Maybe, if I have made the enemies I'll try something too. I didn't knew that, Body Wars, seems like a cool ride. :sweet: The problem is that I don't own any normal Mars Mission sets, I have the two first Impulses, so only one spaceman. Maybe I'll buy a few more, or perhaps trying to get my hands on a bigger MM set (so I'll have those parts in colors to make ships or something alike).

Update:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1099/317080..._115070db7f.jpg

Edited by Matn

The Body Miner baddies could be called The Pathogens...

They look cool too. I love simple fig customisation using TLC parts and nothing else.

That's a very nice concept. :thumbup::classic:

Most of the minifigs looks very good.

Those legs do go great with the Blacktron figures. Very nice.

The Body Miners idea is certainly clever, with great looking minifigs. The Body Miners themselves (or himself) look nice, that's the thing I liked about Mars Mission, the white/orange colour scheme. The viruses look very nefarious too. :devil:

And the Spaceman and Spacelady are also very neat. The Spacelady looks particularly nice in that black and purple outfit, it could make for a good looking villain type character.

:thumbup:

~Peace