A few days ago I explored interesting boxes in a toy shop near my house (in Hungary), which are obviously clones of the real lego technic. I guess these are illegal. Does anyone seen anything similar? I was trying to google for this company or whatever is produces these toys, but found nothing. If you zoom into the picture, you can clearly recogize the technic parts.

http://www.regiojatek.hu/termek-07981-epitojatek_teherauto.html

07981_0.jpg

Edited by imajor

well i have to say , they are pretty the same , but will they fit together with real Lego technic.

Not that i will use it though.

From the picture looks like very good quality and pretty much exactly like Lego but i doubt it is even close for real.

Go buy it and let us know so we know what kind of technic forgeries are out there and how to identify them.

Could it be that it is indeed "real Lego", as in Lego has moved production to china and the chinese manufacturer decides to do business on their own. Have heard about stuff like that happening before.

Edited by Ultimario

Hi,

Have you guys noticed that the name of the "brand" is exploiter, which in simple terms really explains what this company is all about?

Thanks,

Noam

I'm sure they used original rego parts when they created the photo for the box. I don't want to buy it of course, it wasn't so cheap, and the box was already opened and reclosed. I guess someone bought it, and brought back to the shop because of complaints.

I'm sure they used original rego parts when they created the photo for the box. I don't want to buy it of course, it wasn't so cheap, and the box was already opened and reclosed. I guess someone bought it, and brought back to the shop because of complaints.

I can confirm that these sets are garbage and manufactured from cheap plastic. I have seen an Enzo Ferrari Racer(8653)set up close and it is trash. default_thumbdown.gif

Edited by Meatman

Is this even allowed? The patent on Technic beams especially studless is still in tact right? And they are not allowed to clone actual models...

There was some guy from China selling 100's of these fake sets on Ebay last week and they have all mysteriously disappeared. He had dozens of fake 8653 Enzo Ferrari sets and fake 8674 Ferrari F1 sets for $39.99. As someone mentioned before, these knock offs are absolute trash as I have come across these in the past. The quality is terrible...

I think there is one company out of China that makes these sets and they change their name every few months to throw The Lego Company off.

Edited by Paul Boratko

Looks like they at least made a new model and a new part in the first one:

TechnicCloneDetail.JPG

Also note that the pin in the angle connector is not in snap.

Don't you think it is just a combination of 32013 and 41677?

32013.gif41677.gif

Hello,

I have 7 models of these Decoo toys exploiter series.

These are models that Lego doesn't make anymore. But the quality of these models is very good.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lego had something to do with this company. Maybe they sold their designs and machines to this Chninese company or this is a company that already produces for Lego.

These are models that Lego doesn't make anymore. But the quality of these models is very good.

Could you share some photos?

It wouldn't surprise me if Lego had something to do with this company. Maybe they sold their designs and machines to this Chninese company or this is a company that already produces for Lego.

No. TLG do not do that. They are very protective of their properties and do not sell designs/machines/moulds, also, they have tried outsourcing and it didn't work for them. This is a simple case of theft.

Could you share some photos?

No. TLG do not do that. They are very protective of their properties and do not sell designs/machines/moulds, also, they have tried outsourcing and it didn't work for them. This is a simple case of theft.

I read the article you gave me so this could be theft, like al the new fake types of Lego like Sluban and Banbao wich became legal but don't have the quality. But the quality of the Decoo toys is very good. There is another Chinese brand called Bela who has started to design their own "technic" products.

post-16565-130004211872.jpg

I read the article you gave me so this could be theft, like al the new fake types of Lego like Sluban and Banbao wich became legal but don't have the quality. But the quality of the Decoo toys is very good. There is another Chinese brand called Bela who has started to design their own "technic" products.

Please note I'm not talking about the brick design, I'm talking about the set design. In most cases TLG cannot legally prevent manuafaturers copying the classic brick, or even compatible elements it seems. But the set designs are a different matter. These sets are just as illegal as copying a movie and selling it.

However I think TLG have grown tired of legal efforts, and in the case of China I don't blame them; close one company down it'll just re-open next week with a new name! :laugh:

I agree that copying a set design is clear copyright violation. Furthermore, some of these sets may contains parts for which the patents have not yet expired. This is getting out of hand. Now there are even "clone" copies of the UCS Millennium Falcon out there, selling for more than $500!

To Vassal

I just bought the Decoo kit 3331. That is the blue crane dump truck.

I bought it for my son for christmas and we were putting it together and the pages 27,28,29 and 30 are missing from the instrution book. is there any way you could post those pages for me so I can finish this thing?

Thank you

Mike

Edited by Taiwan brick

@ Taiwan brick: Why would Adult Fans of LEGO (AFOLs) on this forum post the Building Instructions of a non-Lego kit on this forum? You need to find a forum for the Decoo sets, and ask there.

@ Taiwan brick: Why would Adult Fans of LEGO (AFOLs) on this forum post the Building Instructions of a non-Lego kit on this forum? You need to find a forum for the Decoo sets, and ask there.

Agreed...

Well, maybe because we like the designs and want to try and build it out of LEGO? I have often found and sent PDFs of clone set instuctions to a number of members.

As for that Decoo set, I'll see if I can find anything :thumbup: