xulm

Sur m'ale Gobros. illustrations

surmalegobros%2Bxulm%2B120914%2Bb%2Blego%2Bkosmobabeczki.png

Hi!

Some of you might have already stumbled on some of our illustrations on the Internet -- hello to those familiar faces!

My name is Marcin/xulm and I am, along with my brother Przemek/Surpiko, responsible for the Sur m'ale Gobros. artblog. (And for those of you, who didn't stumble on us: Every single Sunday we make an illustration based on a specific LEGO set / minifig and upload it on our blog)

We've hit 2 year / 100 sets mark lately and thought it's a good time to share our work further -- so here we are!

Here, have some samples of what we've been doing so far (for obvious reasons we won't be attaching every single image here. Do visit the blog or our flickr account):

140208+surmalegobros+xulm+lego+381.pngsurmalegobros+xulm+lego+6941.png

130918+surmalegobros+xulm+lego+6851.pngsurmalegobros+xulm+130726+b+lego+497.png

6653.pngsurmalegobros-xulm-130225-lego-6530.png

lego-6601-surpiko.pngsurpiko-lego-6694.pngsurpiko+surmalegobros+lego+6135.png

Cheers!

You guys deliver great and fun artwork! They're great reimaginations and are inspiring to me to do some tribute artwork as well.

You guys deliver great and fun artwork! They're great reimaginations and are inspiring to me to do some tribute artwork as well.

Thanks!

Yesterday we held a little vote on our facebook fanpage: which minifig we should draw next -- well, Basil the Batlord was the people's choise!

140315+surmalegobros+xulm+basil+the+batlord.png

Awesome work guys. I have caught some of it from around the web before and was impressed! It is extremely fun and you capture the essence of the sets magnificently!

Awesome work guys. I have caught some of it from around the web before and was impressed! It is extremely fun and you capture the essence of the sets magnificently!

Thanks!

We got another illustration since last time: Spyrius Robo Guardian!

surmalegobros++xulm+lego+6949+spyrius.png

It's great to see you on Eurobricks! Love your guys's work and have some of it saved to my computer. The fashionable space ladies throughout the years is probably my favorite of your's. It's so distinct for being so simple! Each one of them has so much character hidden away in them. Don't make yourself shy here, love to keep seeing new stuff from you two :classic:

Wow, what great talent here. Do you think we'll be able to give suggestions for future ilustrations in this thread? I'll be sure to keep up with the art in the future!

Nice job! First introduced to you on New Elementary!

Keep up the Blacktron stuff, my favorite theme! Great job!

Thanks y'all!

35iwpz8.png

Do you think we'll be able to give suggestions for future ilustrations in this thread?

Sure! But do keep in mind that we're looking for non-space suggestions (we've had more than enough of them already -- I love the space themes so much that if I was left undisturbed I'd just draw a space set after a space set untill they are all done. THEN I'd redraw them one by one. Several times. ) So -- any favourite sets? Obscure ones? (and preferably smaller ones)

Keep up the Blacktron stuff

Actually, come to think of it, we're quite close to completing both blacktrons -- two or three sets each! It shouldn't be that surprising considering what I said about my love for LEGO space, though.

The fashionable space ladies throughout the years is probably my favorite of your's. It's so distinct for being so simple! Each one of them has so much character hidden away in them.

I can't say it will happen anytime soon, but still: Believe me, it won't be the only one such picture on surmalegobros for long. (and I'm having a lot of fun with it)

Cheers!

PS

Oh, and by the way: This week's entry!

set 6258 by Kasia Kruszyńska (guest appearance)

surmalegobros+lego++6258+kasia+kruszy%C5%84ska+mazok.png

Thanks for the reply!

Well I'd really love to see your interpretation of the Monster Fighters. You said something small, so I'd stay away from 9468. zBut the Zombies is relatively small-ish, no? If so, then I'd love to see your interpretation of set 9465 (The Zombies)

Hi guys! It's been so much time... and we're still going!

I'd love to share some illustration we've made last year:

surmalegobros%20lego%2021109%20exo%20suit.pngsurmalegobros%20lego%206374.jpg

surmalegobros%20lego%206402.png

surmalegobros%20lego%206835-revisited.png

surmalegobros%20lego%206854%206899.png

Last winter I also had a personal theme: Space minifigs as fashion!

surmalegobros%20lego%20xulm%20space%20police%202%20minifig%20fashion.pngsurmalegobros%20lego%20xulm%20space%20police%20minifig%20fashion.png

There's a lot more at the source (over 100 even!)

Since last time I posted here I made a special gallery for the project at http://surmalegobros.com where I invite you all to play with sorting by themes and decades... and authors even.

If you'd like to be kept in the loop (we're still delivering new illustrations every two weeks!) we also have a facebook fanpage at http://facebook.com/surmabros

Hope you like these!

Cheers!

xulm

PS: Freddy -- come to think of it we already had a Monster Fighters 9468 illustration as a guest entry (http://surmalegobros...t/haunted-house)!

Edited by xulm