Hi everyone, I would like to share with you my latest creation: Treebeard the ent in the style of an official lego set.

I took inspiration from the videogame when i started the face and beard but quickly found out that the design would have been too fragile in real life, so after completing the face I built him using a mixture of LDD and playing with my own bricks I had to hand. It was extremely satisfying to experiment the design using in-hand bricks rather than just using the software as I normally do, a process which has lead me to one of my all time favorite creations of one of my favorite characters in fiction.

14168522551_DISPLAY.jpg

14168515691_DISPLAY.jpg

14168523291_DISPLAY.jpg

One thing I discovered while sourcing parts is that element 6091 in brown is very rare which is why I didn't use it for his horn for example.

14168514951_DISPLAY.jpg

"Little orcs...*grumble* "

14168526961_DISPLAY.jpg

See more pictures and my other creations here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/401108

That is perfect- it has the spirit of the video game version, and all the good parts of it, while fixing what flaws it did have. Great job all around!

That is perfect- it has the spirit of the video game version, and all the good parts of it, while fixing what flaws it did have. Great job all around!

Thank you very much :)

I like the official Ent, but the face is captured better here. The beard especially.

What do you mean by horn? Looking at that piece, it is in a lot of 2014 sets, so it won't be too rare in the future.

I like the official Ent, but the face is captured better here. The beard especially.

What do you mean by horn? Looking at that piece, it is in a lot of 2014 sets, so it won't be too rare in the future.

Well I didn't have any success finding it on ebay when I was designing/building, but i'm happy with it as it is even if some do turn up.

Your Treebeard is fantastic, way better than the Ent that came with the Orthanc set.

Especially the face and the eyes are well done and look nearly exactly like in the movie,

This is very VERY good... will deffinitely think about modifying my Ent's face after seeing this... Great work fella! 2 thumbs well up!

Treebeard looks perfect! Fantastic work, especially on the face.

Would love to see this on Lego Ideas. I would support it in an instant.

Got a couple of comparison pics done with the original ent:

14175559371_DISPLAY.jpg

14175569441_DISPLAY.jpg

Sorry for the bad colour/brighntess quality

Edited by Bugbot2008

I thought I'd commented on this already!

The build looks great and the comparison shot really helps... for some reason I was imagining this being much taller than the Lego version but they're not too far away.

They both look sufficiently different to be able to have them side by side on display and I agree that this just makes the Lego one look like it doesn't have a head!

Wow, this is a great build, definitely better than the official set. I especially like the way you did the beard - the two different greens look very striking together.

Edited by Ayrlego