Sign in to follow this  
Naseem142

I need help to RC my 42000 formula one

Hello,

I just bought myself a new 42000 formula one set because i thought it looked cool , after i finished putting everything together i ordered the power functions so i can motorize it ( i did not know that it doesn't include driving ). But when it arrived , i was disappointing to know that i cannot drive it.

So i need help making my 42000 be able to drive around with the 8293 power set , which also came with an IR controller-8879 and a receiver-8884 ( separated from the box ).

I only have those two sets , so is it possible to be done?

Help is appreciated! , Thanks.

You can make it driving but not steering, beceause you have only one M motor right?

Btw M's are not good for driving, and also not good for steering at high speed vehicles, you need an servo and one or two L motors i guess.

That was fast..,anyway.

Yes , i have only one M motor :look:

But i can always order extra parts , But currently is anything possible with the parts i have?

Nevermind , i'm ready to order a servo and two L's

Edited by Naseem142

Yu r going to need to use L motor(s). The m motor wnt have enough power and like black build said a servo would be better to use for steering. Sorry, but I think you will only be able to use the battery box and lights. Thats just my opinion

Look at this instruction: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=537484 I did't build that, but it looks ok. You need 2x PF L motors, 1 servo, 1 reciver and 1 remote control. Maybe you need some extra parts but check part's list on the end.

I don't really like it. It has a lot of missing parts

Edited by Naseem142

In order to make your F1 car drive and steer well you would be best to Beeeuy a servo,two L motors remote control and receiver.

I assume you have some pins,gears,connectors and axles yourself.

Happy Beeeeuliding.

Search the Eurobricks Technic forum. There are several threads with pictures and good information. You will have to redesign part of the car to make the receiver, battery box and motors fit.

I bought this set a few months ago. My first Technic set, and I love it. I converted mine to resemble a Ferrari F1 car (the 2011 F150 chassis with 2013-14 sponsor graphics). I considered making mine RC, but the big drawback for me is the power functions motors are too slow (based on the videos I've seen on youtube). This is a race car, it should be fast.