Sign in to follow this  
RoxYourBlox

Monotone Motel

"Monotone Motel" is my 4th 48x48 modular building, completing a district in my city that includes Apple Square University, Tall Tower, and Lawyer's Laundromat. As with the relatively smaller Black Cat Cabaret, this project started as an attempt to replicate a Sakura Taisen locale in Lego. The headquarters in the video game was based upon the Yokohama Port Opening Memorial Hall in Japan. It was supposed to have several bedrooms plus a theater, disguising a giant mech hangar in the basement. Alas, as usual, I gave up halfway through, and the building became its own thing. Several elements remain, however, like the front window above the entrance which has become a clock, the circular windows, and turrets in the corners.

Enjoy the photos below and in my flickr album!

Exterior:

26127497454_b6cc8943ae_z.jpg

Interior:

26127492464_f1f76c5976_z.jpg

Bedrooms:

26733816365_56c33d4c1b_z.jpg

Ballroom:

26127489604_7375f12f4d_z.jpg

Clock:

26127482214_8e6f5f00a6_z.jpg

Until next time~

26129951183_6eecc25e29_z.jpg

Wow, wow, wow, that's a great build. After inspecting your Flickr, I am curious if you have any pictures of these buildings all together?

Very cool Victorian look, and quite imposing. Only one suggestion, shouldn't it be Monochrome Motel?

Great. Looks more like a hotel than a motel though. Which I actually prefer!

Love the clock. Very ingenious.

Overall it looks really nice. Good detailing on the roof, and also those brick "foundations". Really fitting.

Excellent hotel/motel - I think the roof part has turned out extraordinarily well!

Thanks!

Wow, wow, wow, that's a great build. After inspecting your Flickr, I am curious if you have any pictures of these buildings all together?

I have a folder for updated photos of the Lego room here. I have filled 100 sq ft of table space to the point that there aren't enough roads for the buildings; it's too crowded. There might be more pics after Brickworld 2016 after things settle down and when I can give more thought on where a bridge and dam could fit in on the floor and/or mosaics on the walls.

Very cool Victorian look, and quite imposing. Only one suggestion, shouldn't it be Monochrome Motel?

Great. Looks more like a hotel than a motel though. Which I actually prefer!

Love the clock. Very ingenious.

Overall it looks really nice. Good detailing on the roof, and also those brick "foundations". Really fitting.

Thank you both! Regarding the name, I chose a name with an alliterative effect to my satisfaction.

Thank you both! Regarding the name, I chose a name with an alliterative effect to my satisfaction.

A most marvelous Monotone Motel my man. :laugh: