Vintage Minifig Collection Volume 3

44 replies to this topic

#1 Mirandir

Mirandir

Member: 1936

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:17 AM

If this has been posted somewere else around here already I guess I suck att searching but anyhow...

Volume three of the Vintage minifig Collection has turned up on bricklink. The most spectacular thing about it I guess is that blue Cowboy hat that opens for a comeback of the Cowboys theme.

Posted Image

#2 Svelte

Svelte

• We miss you Schmelt!

Member: 1768

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for the news!

This is probably my favourite of all of them so far. They fixed the torso print for the yellow spaceman, there's a Black Falcon, classic chef, soldier... brilliant!

#3 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker

• Cyborg Chef Splatter

Member: 5169

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

AWSOME....A BLUECOAT.....AWSOME....OMG.....AWSOME......THAT's..........AWSOME......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:
Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#4 Stash2Sixx

Stash2Sixx

• I am not a girl!

Member: 3094

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:38 AM

Blue coat and Black Falcon...FANTASTIC!  This is the best one I have seen yet.  Now I'm looking forward to Volume 4!

Some people are like slinkies.  They're not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs! -Anonymous

"Life's tough...It's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#5 Millacol88

Millacol88

• Pokey

Member: 2723

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:49 AM

Definitely getting this one.  :thumbup: That classic space torso in yellow is  :wub:

#6 Spyder

Spyder

• Minifig Identikit

Member: 5419

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:22 AM

Oh my gosh! That's the best of 'em yet. Look at that bluecoat! :wub: And that Union soldier! I gotta get this one. Amazing job Lego! Two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Spyder, 27 May 2009 - 01:22 AM.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Long Live The Nizam!

Quoting Charlieboy:

Be carefull playing lego in the nude,those small parts can get everywhere!!!

#7 Dadster

Dadster

Member: 2375

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

I don't necessarily like the different years in each volume.  I'd prefer they went in order, but its still a great idea and production.  Has anyone (or heard of anyone...) selling off the individual minifigs?

#8 Tom Bricks

Tom Bricks

• Video Games Reviewer

Member: 5938

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

This one I will get for sure. I recently started recollecting some WW sets so this should go perfectly. The soldier is perfect for army builders too. The only downside is the yellow spaceman, my least favorite color, but I still like this one. And my 2009 Lego budget expands once again....
You can call me Tom
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Flickr
“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

#9 General Armendariz

General Armendariz

• I invoke upon thee...the Curse of the Merman-General!

Member: 4056

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :oh: I want this soooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!

#10 CP5670

CP5670

• In search of litmus paper

Member: 2646

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:58 AM

Nice to see the fixed classic space logo, but the yellow guy was always much more common than the black one. They had to mess up the printing with the rare black one. :tongue:

The problem with all of these sets is that they span a variety of different themes. There are typically only two or three minifigs in each pack that I'm interested in, so I end up not buying the pack as $20 for three minifigs would be way too much. They should release theme-specific versions of these packs (space, city, pirates, etc.) instead of these mixed collections.

#11 avoidz

avoidz

Member: 2202

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:19 AM

View PostCP5670, on May 27 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

Nice to see the fixed classic space logo, but the yellow guy was always much more common than the black one. They had to mess up the printing with the rare black one. :tongue:

The problem with all of these sets is that they span a variety of different themes. There are typically only two or three minifigs in each pack that I'm interested in, so I end up not buying the pack as $20 for three minifigs would be way too much. They should release theme-specific versions of these packs (space, city, pirates, etc.) instead of these mixed collections.

What was wrong with the Classic Space logo? Was it the positioning of it; halfway down the chest instead of nearer the neck? Looking at the Spacemen on my shelf, that seems to be the case.

I agree about the themed sets. A five-pack of Space from 1978 to most recent would be great. (If you can't guess, I'm a Classic Space fan.)

Cheers  :classic:

Attached Images

• 6701_Space_Mini_Figures__1983_.jpg

Edited by avoidz, 27 May 2009 - 03:27 AM.

#12 Hewman

Hewman

• I am Vigilance!

Member: 1497

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:24 AM

View Postsvelte_corps, on May 27 2009, 09:49 AM, said:

They fixed the torso print for the yellow spaceman

yeah I was very glad to see that, but the yellow spaceman was definitely not around in 1979.
Edit: I stand corrected according to bricklink, the yellow fig was available in 1979 in some very rare minifig packs, yet didn't make it into a regular set until 1982.

Edited by hewman, 27 May 2009 - 03:29 AM.

#13 avoidz

avoidz

Member: 2202

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:28 AM

View Posthewman, on May 27 2009, 01:24 PM, said:

yeah I was very glad to see that, but the yellow spaceman was definitely not around in 1979.
Edit: I stand corrected according to beicklink, th eyellow fig was available in 1979 in some very rare minifig packs, yet didn't make it into a regular set until 1982.

The yellow figure was introduced in the 1983 sets, wasn't he?

#14 Hewman

Hewman

• I am Vigilance!

Member: 1497

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:30 AM

View Postavoidz, on May 27 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

The yellow figure was introduced in the 1983 sets, wasn't he?

According to bricklink

Yellow classic spaceman

#15 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:59 AM

Noo, another spaceman :tongue:
I put it on Imageshack:
Posted Image
Use freely ^^
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#16 ILikePi

ILikePi

Member: 5159

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:05 AM

View PostLordofdragonss, on May 26 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

Noo, another spaceman :tongue:
I put it on Imageshack:

Use freely ^^
Why don't you just deeplink the picture from Brickshelf? :look:

The cowboy looks pretty good, as with the rest of the minifigs, but I probably won't be getting these. Nice find, though.  :classic:

Edited by ILikePi, 27 May 2009 - 06:06 AM.

Find out more about me on my WIP About Me page!
Latest LDD model: 7263 Temple Escape - Flickr - Brickshelf - My Collection (Brickset)

#17 The Cobra

The Cobra

• RA Anniversary that 'jumps' in once a year

Member: 2895

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

Yep, another classic spaceman with the wrong helmet.
On the other hand, 4 great figures. Yet I find these packs too expensive.

Overall, out of 15 figures we have: 4 (classic) spacemen, 5 town folks, 1 ninja, 1 castle, 1 studio, 2 pirates, 1 cowboy.
No females, 9 old standard plain heads.
Most overread phrase on S@H: "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Italy."

Quick Links: My introduction topic -  My first sets - My LDD MOCs. My Brickset: Have list - Want list. Reviews archive: see About me page.

#18 legotrainfan

legotrainfan

Member: 2562

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

A Black Falcon knight and a French imperial sodlier! Wonderful! This volume is the best so far! By the way, I'm looking forward to the inclusion of a Futuron in this classic minifig series.
[...]
I have spread my dreams under your feet.
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 Freddie

Freddie

Member: 670

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

Hmm, I'm starting to get tired of the classic space figs - they've appeared in all of these collections so far, and I would myself prefer to see TLG give it a little break by substituting it with a Spyrius-robot in one set.

Other than that, I'm surprised this is out so soon after V.2's release. That was really unexpected, as I was sort of expecting it to be released in autumn.

#20 randomparrot

randomparrot

Member: 3812

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

I love these collections, i'm glad we get finally get a cowboy aswell. Hopefully it follows the same pattern as volume 2 where it was on S@H not long after we saw pictures.

#21 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

I didn't much like the selection in the first one, the second was better, but this one I really do like! A nice selection indeed, perhaps if I can find a source I'll consider getting one, along with maybe Volume 2.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#22 AwesomeStar

AwesomeStar

• Mystery Distraction

Member: 3245

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

Great, now I'm going to have to order all 3 of these. More desolation for my wallet...

~A.S.

brickshelf   flickr

I played Kian Otherus in EBRP and finished as Lorraine Bailey in MOTEE.
I died as scum Chief Astrobiology Officer Richard Francis in Bob's Excalibur Mafia 2.0,
as scum Augustus "Gus" Staines in Noir Mafia and as snooty old Alfonso in Ditalini - Mystery Mafia...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 Etzel

Etzel

• Me Want Ducky!!!!

Member: 2625

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

Awesome!  :cry_happy:
This is easily the best volume so far!
Blue coat, black falcon and Western officer is great! However I'm really disappointed that they included yet another spaceman  :hmpf_bad: That makes 4 in total!
At least the chef is somewhat decent  :thumbup:

I was unsure if I should get vol. 2 or not, but eventually I got it. This volume is no doubt on my wish list  :sweet:

#24 Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter

• 4-Wide Kerfuffler

Member: 1588

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:13 AM

Thank you very much for that news and the pic, Mirandir! :sweet:

The first minifigure collection was really  :sick: , the second was  :sceptic:
but this one is awesome! :oh:

I mainly like the Union soldier  :wub: and the Black Falcon soldier and the chef are  :oh: , too! :thumbup:

Perhaps I'll buy this set although it surely will be totally overpriced like the former to ones.

View PostMirandir, on May 27 2009, 02:17 AM, said:

The most spectacular thing about it I guess is that blue Cowboy hat that opens for a comeback of the Cowboys theme.
I totally agree with you, Mirandir! Hopefully Western will make it into a comeback next year! :cry_happy:

View PostFreddie, on May 27 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

Hmm, I'm starting to get tired of the classic space figs - they've appeared in all of these collections so far
I totally agree with you, Freddie!
Why does a spaceman have to appear in every minifigure collection?!  :hmpf: There are so many other minifigs they could include! :sadnew:
I think it's because of producing costs since when they include many similar minifigs which only have different printings it's cheaper than to include different minifigs with even different head gears and accessory.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter, 27 May 2009 - 10:37 AM.

#25 highlandcattle

highlandcattle

Member: 839

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

I never liked the yellow spaceman, even as a kid,I thought he was naked.
My Bricklink My Flickr
My Trains:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image  Posted Image
Thank you PaulC

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users