Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

MEC Category B: Retaking Moria

This is my entry for the Middle Earth Contest, Category B.

Retaking Moria

With the death of the Balrog and the overthrow of Modor, many of the dwarves of the Iron Hills and Thorin's Hall set out to retake Moria.

15007304024_bb28032332_c.jpg

15442069977_6239027e8f_c.jpg

15441946538_fa3219de22_c.jpg

15604360856_dff1ea6d70_c.jpg

OoC: I didn't have a lot of time to make this bigger, but when I read the criteria for Cat B I knew I had to build something along these lines. I hope you like it.

Awesome dwarf! Nice use of Hun bits, and great hammer! Neat build & borders!

Thanks! I wish I could claim credit for the hammer. I got the idea from another user.

I agree your custom dwarf is cool and I really like the build. its simple but conveys a lot at the same time

Thanks!

I like the story and the build. But it looks like a random place, not moria. Maybe the gate isnt dwarvish enough. Anyway, great moc!

I appreciate your feedback. I would say that since we don't know what most of Moria looked like, that much of it can be claimed by artistic interpretation.

Nice MOC! Love the rocks and the dwarf is awesome! (looks a lot like young Dwalin)

The scenes from the Hobbit showing the younger Dwalin fighting along side Thorin were my inspiration :grin:

Very nice. I really like your modification to that hammer!

Thanks, though it's not mine. It's from another MOC I saw.

Thanks, though it's not mine. It's from another MOC I saw.

I know, it was my hammer design. But I like the use of the round tile on the end in place of the square one I used. Now I need to get some 1x1 round tiles like that!