I was rambling about the internet and found this list for a movie version of the Mask of Shadows: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-BIONICLE-BLACK-KRAAHKAN-MOVIE-EDITION-MAKUTA-Mata-Nui-Titan-8593-MASK-/231591636853?nma=true&si=r2a769c7riItsoFnS%252FjJh10Oc1A%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The listing has ended apparently and I have no interest in actual getting it, but my curiosity has been peaked! Is this a real thing and if so what did it come with? I myself cannot remember a thing about!

It's definitely real, but I don't remember all of what it was available in. I think some multipacks of the 2003 box sets?

Yep! Came with Takutanuva: a 2-pack of Takanuva and Makuta from '03 that formed the combi model.

As for the mask, I prefer the original. Despite it being labeled as "movie version" it still looks hardly anything like its movie appearance. Shame, since I liked the movie Kraahkan.

Wow! I had no idea that was a real thing. Thanks guys!

Yep! Came with Takutanuva: a 2-pack of Takanuva and Makuta from '03 that formed the combi model.

As for the mask, I prefer the original. Despite it being labeled as "movie version" it still looks hardly anything like its movie appearance. Shame, since I liked the movie Kraahkan.

I like the OG one better too, I was lucky to find it and the original red head in a bag of parts from a garage sale some years ago.

Does Takatanuva actually happen in the timeline? (I know. A little off topic, but I don't see any reason to create another topic with one comment.)

Yes, he (it?) was created after Takanuva and Makuta fell into the pool of energized protodermis during their fight at the end of the 2003 storyline.

Oh jeez. I remember watching the movie as a kid and I could not for the life of me figure out why Makuta looked nothing like the toy version. Very frustrating for a six-year old.

I felt the same way about most of the characters, honestly. The level of stylisation was almost unreasonable with most of them - Especially with the Matoran, Krekka and Teridax. I also hated how their masks were not only flexible, but had mouths. That made absolutely no sense to me.

I felt the same way about most of the characters, honestly. The level of stylisation was almost unreasonable with most of them - Especially with the Matoran, Krekka and Teridax. I also hated how their masks were not only flexible, but had mouths. That made absolutey no sense to me.

Same here. I was 8-10 at the time, so part of the core target audience, and literally took me two years to understand that those weird guys on the DVD cover of the advertisement for BIONICLE 2 were the Toa Metru. That is, until I finally saw the movie.

That's one thing I always disliked about the Miramax movies: they took far too much liberties from the toys. Thanks to YouTube I had the chance to see awesome fan made shorts extremely faithful to the sets, that made me wish movies with that style. Heck, the G1 commercials were exactly how I would have liked my BIONICLE movie.

Edited by TwistLaw