Sign in to follow this  
Dovchenko

Does anyone else...

...cause from what I can see, I'm a LUL Lover.

I remember playing with em' at the store but not like some snoddy little brat, they're just so addicting to press. They're difficult to pose but can still be fun, and duels CAN be achieved (as well as poses). The battery will run out, but you just don't fall asleep all stoned still holding down on that head! :grin: I was thinking of getting Ultimate Lightsaber Duel: I was searching for it forever and could only find Wookiee Attack (which me being a patient set hunter at 11 in 2005 bought almost instantly), seeing as it had sold out everywhere. Mustafar WAS popular. Luminara looks cool as her figure too, as does Mace. There are five LUL figures in all and I was thinking... I may as well collect them all before it's too late, right? I fall for gimmicks like that, expensive as it might be.

With the lightsaber duel and the other 3 Luls, it would be kind of like an Arena with 5 contenders. I've been meaning to collect these sets anyways... based on that excellent Tie Review released this week and by what people have been saying about past LULs. I'm sure I can get the sets I need to collect the LULS.

I'll be getting the Lightsaber Duel for Christmas. It's expensive right now but not as hard to find as I would have thought.

So, does anyone else like LULS and wants to join me in my quest for LUL collecting?! :tongue:

Edited by Dovchenko

I also find them addicting to press, as my cousin owns LUL Mace. They are fun to pose and just plain light them up, but if I had the chance I would have prefered a non-LUL Luminara, such a great figure, if only they made a running change like the tank... Anyway I sure missed out on LULs and I wish I picked up at least one. I would even go for the LU police officer. :cry_sad: Though I would not advise TLG to go in that direction again unless you can change the bulb/battery inconspicuosly on the minifig's back.

Whoo longer than I thought.

)TNR(

Nah, in my opinion, they ruin the whole fig. You can't remove the head or the saber from the rest, and I basically think it would be better if you can remove the blades from the handles, not to mention that the handles are ugly. Plus, it ruined the lightsaber in the Clone Turbo Tank for the people who bought it right away, since it was our only purple lightsaber.

It's settled then. I'll get the Ultimate Lightsaber Duel, as well as the Darth Vader Transformation. Few people know that, actually, both sets are Mustafar-based. Anakin may have had his transformation elsewhere, however, the burnt-up Anakin Skywalker Fig really works. Plus, the medical droid and flipping horizontal table could be part of Mustafar if you're not very Canon. I think I'll display both of them on my desk and play with them for fun. It's not much of a build but... for Mustafar, actually, I think the design works quite well. Why doesn't anyone remember this scene? Vader and Kenobi are fighting when all of these magma rocks fall (they look up for a brief moment next to a pillar) and almost hit them. You can see that it's on a CIRCULAR platform, like in the set. Though the rest is pretty much innaccurate most of the scene is restored. I'm sure that there's some way to recreate it (seeing as it DOES come with a lava platform. Besides, despite having a pathetic 3 hours of battery (horrible, horrible lifespan... it's fun to hold em' down!) and it's likely that from being pressed so long due to the try me it's less than that... it looks like a fun set from one of my favourite scenes and my favourite level in Lego Star Wars.

Plus, it adds a bit to each scene. You get a burnt Vader from the Transformation Set (30 bucks?! Outrageous but... ah well) for the Mustafar Battle, where you can have Obi looking down on the body and Ani just burning there- WHILE for the transformation set you can add it to the Mustafar Scene and make it part of the building despite being non Canon.

Anyone like my idea?

I was quite excited about getting my first LUL figure. I got Luminara Unduli with the Wookiee Catamaran set and was really, really disappointed with her. Her head is really loose so that it and her cape swing around, making her hard to pose. To keep the lightsaber 'ignited' you need a finger on top of the head, so she can't be posed with lightsaber on. They so should have made that a switch. And of course like JimButcher says, you can't detach any of the elements like a normal figure - though her headpiece does come off.

I didn't initially buy the Clone Turbo Tank so was happy when they released the non-LUL Mace Windu version of the set... which I bought instead. I've given Ultimate Lightsaber Duel a wide berth.

So I'm not a big fan of LULs. I'm happy enough with the normal, high quality minifigs we always get. I just really hope that one day they re-release Luminara the way she should've been!

I agree with pedro.

Excited at first and then very dissapointed.

I have all of them though, not that I like them, I simply collect SW.

But they're not the first ones to go on display, when I occasionally change the few figs and sets I have on display at home.

LULs = a dissapointment

I have the Darth Vader Light-Up-Lightsaber figure, and I think they could have the potential to be good, but they're not.

For one thing, it looks as though the lightsaber/torch is actually part of the person's arm, rather than then holding on to it. I actually dismantled my Vader figure, the helmet and cape were more useful (although I have about 4 Vaders) and the scalp of his can also be used as some kind of disk with a stud on it. :tongue::vader:

Maybe the LUL figures in future could be LUL arms. As in, the whole workings are in the arm, and there is a little button on the top to make the lightsaber glow. Also the lightsaber coudl be a different colour from the arm so it doesn't look as if it's meant to be attached. That would be better, but probably unlikely. :sceptic:

I'm pretty sure the LULs are gone for good.

It's not enviromentally or children friendly producing a very small toy that contains a battery.

Actually I think TLG removed the LULs from SW and City because of some rule about toys containing batteries and electronics, much the like disappearance of the magnets.

The magnets are discontinued? But, no, I never had a LULS and am glad. I really think that the feature ruins the figure and I wouldn't be able to group it with my other normal ones.

Edited by darthperson

It's not enviromentally or children friendly producing a very small toy that contains a battery.

Actually I think TLG removed the LULs from SW and City because of some rule about toys containing batteries and electronics, much the like disappearance of the magnets.

I am really hoping that a set comes out for the Clone Wars film that has a Mace Windu figure with a standard lightsaber. The LUL Mace that came in my Turbo Tank is just disappointing (plus, I can't even find which storage bin I put the guy in). When I was working at TRU, I noticed at least 80% of the LUL figures were missing their blades at one point. Lord knows what happened to them.

I liked them at the time, but now I kinda wish that I had a real Mace Windu Figure. it makes me upset to see Bricklink selling him for over $50 and knowing that theres not really any way I'll be getting him any timw soon.

If you have the regular minifig, I'll trade you my light up! :classic:

I have LUL Darth Vader, LUL Mace Windu, LUL Luminara Unduli , and even the LU police officer. :hmpf_bad: They are a HUGE dissapointment. :sad: It would have been better if TLC never would have created them. :thumbup: They ruined my life.... :cry_sad::tongue:

Lego12

I only had the pleasure of playing around with LUL figures when they were newly released and stood on store shelfs with their "Try Me!" windows. They seemed like fun, but the fact that you can't exchange the battery lowers their attraction quite a bit. Also, I could imagine getting frustrated from owning an exclusive fig like Mace or Luminara only in LUL form and not in normal. Besides, They did look kinda ugly with their hands all fused with the lightsaber handle like that. :sceptic: Therefore, I'd say good riddance. :sadnew:

I liked them at the time, but now I kinda wish that I had a real Mace Windu Figure. it makes me upset to see Bricklink selling him for over $50 and knowing that theres not really any way I'll be getting him any time soon.

Well, actually, if the Fans' Choice TRU exclusive SW set that we voted on a while ago turns out to be Choice 1 - "Palpatine's Arrest", there is a good chance that you (and me :wink: ) will be able to get a brand-new, normal Mace early next year! :sweet: We'll have to wait until February to find out...

I think they were the stupidest thing Lego has done in a long time. They severely limited the playing ability of the minifigure, making it so you couldn't take the figure apart and use it for other things. I am glad they got rid of them quickly.

I actually own all the LULs and all of them have battery left but I need to admit I am really dissapointed with them :hmpf_bad::angry: . I think this function just ruins all the minifig and the bad thing is that some unique figures come with this, Luminara is one of the best minifigs yet (my opinion) and with this function the minifig is just ruined :cry_sad: . I think firstly they are a good idea (I was really excited of own a minifig with a light-up lightsaber :oh: at the moment they are announced but then all the dissapoint :angry:) but finally very bad executed :sceptic:.

I've never heard about such a rule. I also don't really think it is that harmful to children considering you couldn't open the figure up that easily. I think that really Lego decided that overall from a marketing and public interest side of it, they LUL were just not a great idea.

My oppinion is, and always has been, that they're cr@p, but LEGO should still be applauded for trying to do something new and interesting.

Could everybody else translate LUL to Dutch, and laugh his megablocks off like me? :grin:

Back on topic:

I like the light up lightsabers, i definitly think they can add a nice effect to a display.

Don't have any though...

I have no experience with this so please bear with me

LUL = something legoish lightsaber thingamagy? :wacko:

Given the context though I'm a bit relieved that we're not talking about the Dutch meaning of the word here...

I have no experience with this so please bear with me

LUL = something legoish lightsaber thingamagy? :wacko:

Given the context though I'm a bit relieved that we're not talking about the Dutch meaning of the word here...

Behold the wonders of LUL:

darth_lit.jpg

luminara_unduli_lit.jpg

mace_windu_lightup.jpg

I hope that answes your question.

God they're neat. If anyone has the Ultimate Lightsaber Duel could they possibly post a picture or two up? I've checked Brickshelf and there's only one folder of the actual un-modded set :hmpf_bad: ... though probably, that's for a reason.

God they're neat. If anyone has the Ultimate Lightsaber Duel could they possibly post a picture or two up? I've checked Brickshelf and there's only one folder of the actual un-modded set :hmpf_bad: ... though probably, that's for a reason.

I have it and I even have folder in my BS Gallery for it.

But I never built it.

It's a "bad" set in my opinion and therefore I sadly can't help you.

I even tried a google search and searched peeron.com and bricket.com for better pics. No luck. I'll keep searching and post anything I find here.

I have it and I even have folder in my BS Gallery for it.

But I never built it.

It's a "bad" set in my opinion and therefore I sadly can't help you.

I even tried a google search and searched peeron.com and bricket.com for better pics. No luck. I'll keep searching and post anything I find here.

Thank you very much KimT, I appreciate the help.

But as Mod, I don't think you should have to waste your time searching for pics of a set you don't even like yourself.