legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

5973 Hyperspeed Pursuit [space Police 3, 2009]

Space Police VX-Falcon

5973%20Hyperspeed%20Pursuit%20-%20Space%20Police%20VX-Falcon.png

Skull Interceptor

5973%20Hyperspeed%20Pursuit%20-%20Skull%20Interceptor.png

MPD file (not all submodels shown, but included in file)

The Space Police VX-Falcon features flexible LSynth-generated hoses, which will only render in MLCad and LDView if LSynth has been installed.

Errors:

- Missing 2x 57029c01 Technic Competition Cannon, Flat Bottom [replaced with 32074c01 Technic Competition Cannon, Round Bottom]

- Missing 2x 85959px1 Wave Rounded Large (Flame) with Marbled Trans-Yellow Pattern [replaced with 32558 Bionicle Weapon Toa Flame Sword]

- Missing 4x 61800 Bionicle Wing Small

- Missing stickers / correct printing

The Space Police VX-Falcon features flexible LSynth-generated hoses, which will only render in MLCad and LDView if LSynth has been installed.

That's one of the reasons why I want to use LSynth in my UCS models; you can view them in LDview and render them in POV-ray, that's what sr3d builder hoses can't (and LSynth looks better). I think I understand LSynth now, but now MLcad is the problem; I haven't worked with it for such a long time now, it's like it's all new to me :hmpf:

So, while trying to understand MLcad again, I'm working on (yes, still and UCS :wink: ) sculpture of Darth Maul...

and a weird Spongebob set (really) :laugh:

EDIT: I just see the text "temporary render", that really doesn't look tempory, what do you want to improve?

Edited by legolijntje

I think I understand LSynth now, but now MLcad is the problem; I haven't worked with it for such a long time now, it's like it's all new to me :hmpf:

I have to admit that when I went back to MLCad from LDD, it took me a while to get used to it again.

EDIT: I just see the text "temporary render", that really doesn't look tempory, what do you want to improve?

The lighting doesn't look very good, but to improve it would require some very long render times, and at the moment I mainly want to get things posted.

Also, the neon green is way too bright, and needs toning down a bit. It looks almost radioactive!

A quick break from the Space Police. I'm guessing this one hadn't been attempted due to the flexible rubber hoses.

21003 Seattle Space Needle [Architecture, 2009]

21003%20Seattle%20Space%20Needle.png

MPD file

To see the rubber hoses in MLCad or LDView requires LSynth to be installed.

Errors:

- No printing

EDIT: Printed tile now available for LDraw.

Edited by C3POwen

A quick break from the Space Police. I'm guessing this one hadn't been attempted due to the flexible rubber hoses.

:laugh: Well, I have attempted it a while back, but then I realised it had hoses, so I stopped with it (back then I didn't wanted to use LSsynth).

So, for those who don't want which model to make; the only already/almost released architecture models we still don't have are:

-21012 Sydney Opera House

-21010 Robie House (but please don't start make this one, I have an almost complete one, I'll finifh it soon)

-21013 Big Ben (but this one is not released yet)

:laugh: Well, I have attempted it a while back, but then I realised it had hoses, so I stopped with it (back then I didn't wanted to use LSsynth).

So, for those who don't want which model to make; the only already/almost released architecture models we still don't have are:

-21012 Sydney Opera House

-21010 Robie House (but please don't start make this one, I have an almost complete one, I'll finifh it soon)

-21013 Big Ben (but this one is not released yet)

Ok, here is the Sydney Opera House

21012sm.jpg

Ldr

Edited by whitew0lf

10019 - Tantive IV / Rebel Blockade Runner

10019_-_rebel_blockade_runner_sml.jpg

SR3D File

Complete, except for the stickers..

Edited by EdmanZA

The largest of all the Space Police III sets, this one took a while to complete. It's also a duplicate of a previously posted model, but has more accurate parts (although as of posting, I still need to add the minifigs).

5974 Galactic Enforcer [space Police III, 2009]

5974%20Galactic%20Enforcer.png

All rotatable parts should move correctly within MLCad, as they are set up with correct pivot parts, including the ball-jointed cannons on the wings. The hoses at the front require LSynth to be installed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This model contains one unofficial part (32008 Technic, Figure Accessory Scuba Flipper) which is included as a submodel within the MPD file, so there is no need to install it.

Errors:

- Missing 1x 3039pb45 Slope 45 2 x 2 with Aircraft Multiple Flight Controls Pattern [replaced with 3039pc5 Slope 45 2 x 2 with Flight Control Pattern]

- Missing 8x 61800 Bionicle Wing Small

- Missing 1x 85944 Minifig, Headgear Helmet Spiked with Flat Chin Protector

- Missing 1x 85948pb01 Minifig, Head Modified Kranxx with Black Eyes and Open Mouth

- Missing 1x 85959px1 Wave Rounded Large (Flame) with Marbled Trans-Yellow Pattern [replaced with 6126 Wave Rounded with Base Pins]

EDIT: Unofficial part now included in MPD file.

Edited by C3POwen

5979 Max Security Transport [space Police III, 2009]

5979%20Max%20Security%20Transport.png

The cockpit and engines can be combined to form a smaller fighter (see below), and all rotatable parts have correct pivot points, meaning the wheels can fold down and the side cannons can be raised.

Errors:

- Missing 1x 3039pb45 Slope 45 2 x 2 with Aircraft Multiple Flight Controls Pattern [replaced with 3039pc5 Slope 45 2 x 2 with Flight Control Pattern]

- Missing 1x 57029c01 Technic Competition Cannon, Flat Bottom [replaced with 32074c01 Technic Competition Cannon, Round Bottom]

- Missing 1x 85942 Minifig, Headgear Helmet Spiked Top with Grille and Open Front and Back

- Missing 1x 85944 Minifig, Headgear Helmet Spiked with Flat Chin Protector

The mini fighter, made from the cockpit and engines:

5979%20Max%20Security%20Transport%20%28Mini%20Fighter%29.png

EDIT: Corrected set number; added mini fighter image.

Edited by C3POwen

10019 - Tantive IV / Rebel Blockade Runner

SR3D File

Complete, except for the stickers. I added a tourist to give a sense of scale.

Can you please remove the minifig from your file? The minifig isn't in the model. :classic:

I'm currently doing a major clean-up on my brickshelf account and getting it re-organized. If the pictures can't be seen or the download links don't work then don't panic, I'll get them up soon. :classic:

Probably my favourite LEGO model of the ones I own, I have it on display alongside Chewbacca and (slightly customised) Han Solo minifigs.

7778 Midi-scale Millennium Falcon [star Wars, 2009]

7778%20Midi-scale%20Millennium%20Falcon.png

LDR file

Errors:

- Missing stickers

My first render testing out radiosity in POV-Ray. It's okay but not perfect. There seems to be a few visual artefacts, although these don't seem to show too badly in the resized image above.

EDIT: Re-rendered with better radiosity settings.

Edited by C3POwen

5982 Smash 'n' Grab [space Police III, 2010]

5982%20Smash%20%27n%27%20Grab.png

Errors:

- Missing 1x 85947pb02 Minifig Head Modified Alien with Tongue and Yellow Eyes*

- Missing 1x 87781 Minifig Headgear Helmet Space [replaced with 2446 Minifig Headgear Helmet Standard]

* You may be able to see him sat in the cockpit, but I'm using an unofficial part exported from LDD which is not available from the LDraw site.

Edited by C3POwen

All pirate models have updated pictures now. LDR links don't work yet. Will work on uploading them soon. Will also do "one with minifigs" and "one without minifigs" as I've done with the pictures.

All pirate models have updated pictures now.

Wow! Your renders have come out looking really good! :oh3: What lighting settings did you go with? It might be worth posting them in the POV-Ray tutorial thread.

LDR links don't work yet. Will work on uploading them soon. Will also do "one with minifigs" and "one without minifigs" as I've done with the pictures.

I'd probably leave the LDR files as they are, and let people remove the minifigs if they choose to. That's why I like the MPD file format, as it allows me to keep minifigs separate from the main model.

6896 Celestial Forager [M:Tron, 1990]

6896%20Celestial%20Forager.png

MPD file

The boom at the back of the vehicle can be moved on its pivot, however the container is not directly attached and the magnets will need to be re-orientated individually.

Edited by C3POwen

Wow! Your renders have come out looking really good! :oh3: What lighting settings did you go with? It might be worth posting them in the POV-Ray tutorial thread.

Thank you, C3POwen!

I'd probably leave the LDR files as they are, and let people remove the minifigs if they choose to. That's why I like the MPD file format, as it allows me to keep minifigs separate from the main model.

I already have both files, so I just need to upload and post them. That's one disadvantage of SR 3D Builder. I don't think one can save into MPD format. Ah, well!

Good work Palathadric and C3Powen :thumbup:

My UCS Darth Maul and Architecture Robie House are almost complete, but last week it was a bit too warm to build on a computer. The whole week it was about 25 degrees (Celsius), but next week, the temperature will go down to about 12 degrees...

Yes, the weather here is since last the beginning of year really weird. I think it are special forces: :vader::yoda:

:tongue:

I settled for making my backgrounds, transparent, because I couldn't get the surface to look too great. I still don't like the shadows on the slanted parts of the raised base plates, especially in Eldorado Fortress and Imperial Trading Post. Ah, well! Stupid me, I never did the Islander sets! :facepalm: I originally didn't do them because there were no minifigs, hats, hair, etc. :kahuka: I think there's a few now, so let's see. I believe I have them built already without minifigs. Have to check.

1704 Ice Planet Snow Grader [ice Planet 2002, 1994]

7155771245_0e4f98bef0_z.jpg

1704.ldr

Errors:

- Missing Ice Planet visor

- Missing printed hinge 6x3

- Missing printed slope 45 2x2

1711-1 Seaplane [ice Planet 2002, 1994]

7340977172_e5502bfc17_z.jpg

1711-1.ldr

Errors:

- Missing Ice Planet visor