Sign in to follow this  
Captain Braunsfeld

[MOC] Captain Cookie's New Wardrobe

Let me introduce Captain Cookie:

21001139132_4338a6f02a_c.jpg

He has been visiting a local pirate supply store and has found a great new wardrobe:

21011017555_d012314e31_c.jpg

Other pirates are shopping too:

21018579481_58e88b7ba9_c.jpg

20822952990_c1bd68dc79_c.jpg

(This is not quite "Pillage the Village" but I hope you like it nevertheless).

(I just had to produce some decent furniture. My buildings have a tendency to be empty on the inside...)

C&C welcome!

'Furniture shopping at Ay!KEA'

Neat! I'm spotting the notorious 'BillyBones' shelf, the comfortable resting chair 'Päng!', and not to forget the popular cabinet 'Bellum'.

Jokes aside, this is a very cool furniture collection, I'm especially fond of the black chair design shown in the third picture.

The ball-park for the monkeys is missing, though monkey.gif

Cool. It could be pillage if you have a furnite sale like 50% or more off. :classic:

I like the pirate captain's robe. What set number is it taken from? Now c&c. To make the MOC worth PtV, the pirates should rob the store and not pay. You can add your favourite monkeys pillaging the shelves, a frightened owner & waiter etc.

That's a fine collection of furniture, Captain. Apparently the scurvy scalawags have good tastes despite their contempt for the law. I especially like the brown "unpainted" items (the tall chest with the ship painting in particular) and the black lattice-back chairs are simply brilliant. Is the captain's name by chance inspired by Captain Cook? And is that a piano I spy in the lower left corner? This is an interesting take on the theme and good work as always. But there's simply no way those salty sea dogs are paying...

Great! A lot of replies to this one, although it is such a weird topic pirate_laugh2.gif

'Furniture shopping at Ay!KEA'

Neat! I'm spotting the notorious 'BillyBones' shelf, the comfortable resting chair 'Päng!', and not to forget the popular cabinet 'Bellum'.

Jokes aside, this is a very cool furniture collection, I'm especially fond of the black chair design shown in the third picture.

The ball-park for the monkeys is missing, though monkey.gif

But the monkey is there!

I should add a "cannon ball pool" ...

Cool. It could be pillage if you have a furnite sale like 50% or more off. :classic:

Right, that's a good idea.

Great looking furniture- very inspiring

Thanks. However, I must admit that I have been seeking inspiration for furniture all over the place.

I like the pirate captain's robe. What set number is it taken from? Now c&c. To make the MOC worth PtV, the pirates should rob the store and not pay. You can add your favourite monkeys pillaging the shelves, a frightened owner & waiter etc.

Thanks for asking!

The captain's clothes are taken from the new minifigure series - in fact I modified the zombie captain by removing some of the stains. And suddenly the guy looked really decent!

And a good idea to enhance this into a PtV MOC! pirate_laugh_new.gif

Love it! Great little details on the furniture!

Thank you!

Someone went to IKEA recently...

Harr Harr (no, I haven't been there for quite a while...) pirate_laugh2.gif

That's a fine collection of furniture, Captain. Apparently the scurvy scalawags have good tastes despite their contempt for the law. I especially like the brown "unpainted" items (the tall chest with the ship painting in particular) and the black lattice-back chairs are simply brilliant. Is the captain's name by chance inspired by Captain Cook? And is that a piano I spy in the lower left corner? This is an interesting take on the theme and good work as always. But there's simply no way those salty sea dogs are paying...

There are so many brown pieces in there, that I don't know which one you like...

The captain's name is inspired by the cookie he is carrying! (pirate_laugh_new.gifpirate_laugh2.gifpir_laugh2.gif )

Nothing more ..

And, yes, it is a piano.

And, yes, I should do an updated version where the pirates steal all the furniture!

Fantastic!! Great to take ideas!

pirate_satisfied.gif Feel free!

A "weird topic"? Surely you jest. Okay, it doesn't fit the classic "pirates vs imperials" theme but every good building needs furniture, and such a varied collection is interesting no matter the theme. I previously meant that I really like the tall brown one right behind the lady pirate, but they're all nice. And colorful!

Yeah, I saw the cookie, but still the name sounded conveniently like that other guy. Probably better than carrying a saber and a brace of pistols through such a cultured establishment. He just needs a tall glass of cold, uh, "milk" to wash it down...

I thought that figure looked more neat and clean than the original. You've done a good job of using one of those zombie CMFs as an ordinary minifig. It looks great, really. How did you modify it?

All that's missing is a ship in a bottle. Or maybe I just missed seeing it...

You should be able to do some great interiors after this.

Edited by Captain Dee

Of course I had thought about captain Cook. ;)

As to how did I modify the zombie?

Well, carefully of course!

I used an eraser (a rubber the Brits would say). Like the ones that were used to erase type writing (if this makes sense).

And yes, I will have great interiors in the future.

Amazing! I like the tall cabinets, the bookcases, the bedding (really simple but detailed and realistic at the same time) and those black chairs are just perfect.... I need to try these ideas and start playing around with furniture! Time to build bigger rooms and fill out the cabins, thanks for all the inspiration!

Amazing! I like the tall cabinets, the bookcases, the bedding (really simple but detailed and realistic at the same time) and those black chairs are just perfect.... I need to try these ideas and start playing around with furniture! Time to build bigger rooms and fill out the cabins, thanks for all the inspiration!

Thanks - but I've been inspired myself. I've done a lot of cupboard variations but those black chairs - I must admit - I have spotted somewhere else...