Sign in to follow this  
Zarkan

Bionicle: The Blockbuster Movie

I agree, this could be a really cool movie. In 2004 the BIONICLE instruction booklets had some CGI images that looked real (as opposed to seeming animated) so there is definately the potential to create a movie like this. I would go to it in theater a bunch of times... buy it the day it came out... lol

I'd be content with just yearly straight to DVD movies done by Ghost Animation, the same people who've been doing the CG for the Bionicle commercials...but a big blockbuster would rock as well deino2.gif

I'd be content with just yearly straight to DVD movies done by Ghost Animation, the same people who've been doing the CG for the Bionicle commercials...but a big blockbuster would rock as well deino2.gif

I agree. Though I actually prefer the Ghost Shorts to the movies. I think it's because they used the original lego versions and animated them instead of creating new ones to sort of try to give them expression and emotions... But still...

Great idea! I would love to see (and buy the dvd of) a movie based on the original 2001 Bionicle storyline. Just try to convince TLC that this is a great idea...

Sadly, since everything TLC makes for Bionicle is solely to promote the sets, a movie based on the original storyline won't happen if it was made by TLC itself. My idea really would be for an outsider to buy the rights to make a Bionicle movie, and work on it separate from TLC. TLC would get an initial payment and a share of the profits from the movie, and the movie makers would get the rest. However, this would only be feasable if TLC would profit from the deal as well. :-/

I'd be content with just yearly straight to DVD movies done by Ghost Animation, the same people who've been doing the CG for the Bionicle commercials...but a big blockbuster would rock as well

Unfortunately, the problem with Bionicle kits are that they don't give much emotion right out front, so an extremely true to set design wouldn't work that great. Still, I agree that the Ghost animation is better than the actual DVD movies out right now: they never really captured the spirit of Bionicle, and the voice acting was extremely forced. |-/

I think the best approach would be to stick with the basic set designs, and only streamline them instead of completely changing the designs. They would have to add mouths in order to convey dialogue well, but it wouldn't be hard to make the masks work around them while keeping their original shapes. ;-)

Edited by Grevious

Nah, they're just doing another mediocre straight to DVD movie for the current storyline. Not that I don't like the current storyline, but I really don't have much hope for the new movie, especially if they don't get some decent voice actors. *sad*

I, personally, think that when they announce an animator for the 09 movie, it should be Templar. Who didn't like those MNOG and 01 animations?

I, personally, think that when they announce an animator for the 09 movie, it should be Templar. Who didn't like those MNOG and 01 animations?

Indeed. I'd rather watch the 2001 mini-movies than sit through a made-for-your-little-brother, high budget, badly voice acted nightmare of incompetent boredom.

Mute, subtitled, clever, funny little islander guys For The Win.

Well, I did, of course, but I thought Templar did flash animations, not CGI? And of course, flash wouldn't work for a blockbuster production, IMO. :-P

No, I think Ghost or a company like them would have to do it. They are masters at CGI, seriously. *y*

Edited by Grevious

Bionicle would have ROCKED as movies had the characters remained mute, with maybe just a chirp or some sound with subtitles at the bottom of the screen.

Then, it would all be less geeky... visual stories would be about action and make you think... not a bunch of lame-o catch phrases and annoying lines, voices, etc...

Bionicle would have ROCKED as movies had the characters remained mute, with maybe just a chirp or some sound with subtitles at the bottom of the screen.

Then, it would all be less geeky... visual stories would be about action and make you think... not a bunch of lame-o catch phrases and annoying lines, voices, etc...

Eh, sorry, but can't really agree with you there. Yes, I know the voices in the current bionicle movies are awful, but that was because the movie script was far worse than in the regular books and because they didn't have any good voice talent. :-/

Also, what do you mean about visual stories being about action and making you think? I'm not sure what you mean about that.... *wacko*

My main problem with mute Bionicles is that, IMHO, they don't really convey emotion much at all. Books only carry emotion because they have description along with dialogue, and Movies only convey emotion because of acting and voice talent, so without either it would kinda seem less hearty to me. :-/

What this 2009 movie needs is a totally different outlook than the last 3 movies. Whoever is writing the script for them needs to be fired (and no, it's not Greg), and they need to get someone who knows how to convey emotion through the script. They also need voice talent that can convey the script well, instead of just mumbling through the whole thing (and when I mean mumbling, I mean failing to actually show any emotion at all). Unfortunatley, I just don't know if that will happen... :-(

I would like to see a movie come to life.

I just hope it doesn't suck.

Though GregF said they're making another CG movie on the 2009 storyline.