Davor

[MOC] Tatooine diorama

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey folks,

my new creation, small Tatooine street diorama built for Lego Kockice.org The Third Exhibition , 11.12.2010.

Don`t have any more pictures for now.

tatooinediorama.jpg

It's just awesome :sweet: You used some great techniques, and I love the fact that there are some key characters in there :thumbup:

Nice real nice :wub:

I've always had a love for tiled dioramas and this certainly is no exception.

Just how I'd imagine Mos Eisley or any other city on Tatooine to look like.

blogged

Ha, I knew it'll be just a matter of minutes before this get blogged. You're really fast KimT! :thumbup:

Thanks.

And since I've promoted EurobricksStarWarsForum.com as our very own frontpage I think that stuff must get there fast.

That's the idea of having a single forum frontpage - it even has a link directly to the forum now.

Since the launch I don't type in eurobricks.com anymore - I just go to the blog to check the stats and traffic and then I click the link here.

Now let's get back to Davor's fine diorama.

Thanks.

And since I've promoted EurobricksStarWarsForum.com as our very own frontpage I think that stuff must get there fast.

That's the idea of having a single forum frontpage - it even has a link directly to the forum now.

Since the launch I don't type in eurobricks.com anymore - I just go to the blog to check the stats and traffic and then I click the link here.

Now let's get back to Davor's fine diorama.

tnxxxx :blush:

Story behind:

Diorama was supposed to be a bit different - I was planing to put Moc in a small sandbox - well actually I made small 50x50x1cm sandbox from wood, both fine desert sand, spent bunch of money - and it looked awesome.....BUT........

....BUT than realised that :

a) It won`t survive tranport and manipulation

b) can`t display it without sealed glass casing because fine sand is blown away even whan I was walking around my table in a room - and hundreds of ppl walking around on exhibtion would destroy it in I guess 30 min...

Fantastic, I love the techniques you used, and all the tiles give it a complete, smooth look. The combo with tiles, and the studded roof-top looks great as well. Great job on this MOC, truly wonderful! :thumbup:

Edited by brickartist

Wow that's just lovely. :wub: Does it have an intererior?

One thing though, I don't think a Mon Calimari would be on Tatooine, he would fry in the heat! :grin::wink:

Excellent diorama there 'Davor', yep that's sunny er I mean sandy Tatooine ! :thumbup:

Great work and may the brick be with you ! :yoda:

very nice. Now ship it to me so I can help and take pictures of it. Seriously Im only interested in photographing vigs within your mos eisley.

Edited by Solscud007

Nice! that looks great! I love how you used the wings from the ewok glider. Great work! :thumbup:

I love this diorama :wub: you've really caught the hustle and bustle of Mos Somewhere. It's a nice crisp shot too, except for some reason my eye is drawn to the picture of a duck in the background.

I love this diorama :wub: you've really caught the hustle and bustle of Mos Somewhere. It's a nice crisp shot too, except for some reason my eye is drawn to the picture of a duck in the background.

It's natural. Us true FOLs are attracted to our favorite toy's humble beginnings... :laugh:

Great job! The simplicity is nice, it looks really clean as well! The detail is there, but not too much, giving it more of a simple, yet detailed look!

I love it, as said before, simple but very detailed and clean! Are you thinking of expanding the scene?

I love it, too. The speeder looks especially nice (but would a Mon Calamari really be on Tatooine?). The details are very well done. Nice use of the glider wings, too.

A few of the details are skewed (the arm on the moisture vaporator on the left and the top of the large tower), but sometimes they just get bumped out of place.