Superkalle

[2016 Digital Design Contest] - Comment topic for entries

1930s Waterfront - my entry can be found here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125535entry2510405

I belong to a Lego train club and have been designing buildings for a 1930s theme. I have been scouring Flickr and using Google to find LDD files of 1930s vehicles and aircraft. The models in the contest are, of course, original creations. Someday they'll all be brick built models.

@rjg173

Your entry is very old-style! :wink:

I suggest you to provide a better quality screenshots to show your creation, because the "packaging" is very important if if you want to hit the audience! :classic:

You can find some suggestion here. Even better you can render your models using one of the tools discussed in this forum (maybe BlueRender is the easier to use).

rjg173, there is a quaint appeal to the LDD screenshots, but with a little doctoring, I think the image presentation could be made even more appealing. I've gotten some interesting effects using LDD screenshots and the free program paint.net (available for download at getpaint.net). Simplest thing I've done with paint.net is take my LDD screenshot and apply the photographic blur effect to it to soften it. That effect also applies an antique brown tint to the image. Might work nicely with your theme?

Another vote here for BlueRender. I can't believe how fast BlueRender is working on my Atom-powered tablet, and the results are very good.

I can't see any images in Sabertooth's entry "Crappy Creations". Is that just me? :look:

Use a LEGO related hosting such as brickshelf or bricksafe.

I suggest you to improve screenshot quality too (and maybe show rendered images).

Edited by Calabar

Thanks for your help, I will change the links in my posting!

(About screenshot quality etc., I will think about what I can do about that. But I hope everybody can see my creations this way, too!)

Sabertooth's Crappy Creation line is my favorite so far.

I'd like to suggest "Keetongu Compost" as the next in that line.

Both Bluerender and paint.net are PC applications while I own a Apple laptop. The learning curve for installing and using render software on my laptop exceeds the amount of time remaining in the contest.

@rjg173

The decision is your, what I wrote above was only a suggestion.

It is a contest, and find the best way to introduce your work will bring an advantage for you.

About bluerender, it works on MAC too, and with basic setting it is almost immediate (give it a try!).

Otherwise using LDD advanced graphic settings don't require any learning curve and extra time.

@cyberdyne systems

what a agreat idea, i love too the truck. Can u put a more larger image?

Edited by squall87

Trucks of the World looks great! The fidelity to scale proportions is nice, can we get larger pics to appreciate the detail in them?

@gercrow

QUESTION TO MODERATORS: I guess it does not meet required conditions (only 2 models presented, more than 5 non-existent brick/color combos etc.)...shouldn't it be removed then? :look:

Edited by bublible

@gercrow

QUESTION TO MODERATORS: I guess it does not meet required conditions (only 2 models presented, more than 5 non-existent brick/color combos etc.)...shouldn't it be removed then? :look:

We'll try to review the entry topic from time to time, and if we spot something we'll send a PM to the contestant. But we may miss something, and ultimately it's the contestant that have to check that their models meet the contest rules.

In this case, it may also be that the contestant isn't finished yet, and updates to the entry post may come?

But it's naturally OK that others here in the forum make a post here in the comment topic when they spot something (like you did here bublible). let's hope gercrow reads this topic and notices.

As I did not see anything about WIP in his post (I thought it was one of required stuff to be written there if actual work's still in progress? :look: ) so I think it's already finished (and I guess even more like that reading what he has wrote about it: "...if it's not meeting requirements it can be deleted..." - his own words). :blush:

But of course, let's hope he reads this and improve/clarify it... :wink:

Edited by bublible

Easy guys, i always read ;). Bublibe! You always here, btw great work with your improvements to bluerender software.

Guys i dont understand very well about combo colors, could you explain it better¿ maybe with a example.....i am new in these things

Thanks!!

Easy guys, i always read ;). Bublibe! You always here, btw great work with your improvements to bluerender software.

Guys i dont understand very well about combo colors, could you explain it better¿ maybe with a example.....i am new in these things

Thanks!!

Thanx! :classic:

Well, yea: I am always here cos my whole day work is basically non-stop behind PC (be it programming, be it music studio work, be it dadaistic writing or even LEGO designing, you know) with permanent internet connection...so I have immediate response that someone replied and it is simply my nature that I am really quick with answer/reaction (most times) :laugh:

As for the last part (your question) I will kindly leave it to moderators. :wink:

Edited by bublible

Thanks!!

If the piece doesn't exist in that color physically, you can't use it in that color. Up to 5 allowed.

Ok i got it.....what color doesnt exist?...... The chrome colors? Do you have a list of official colors to check?