Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

[OL-Ch 1a] "Native foraging"

Contrary to the lies Eslandolans are spreading to the Old world (probably to hinder our advance and occupation of these new lands), Oleanders aren't "savages". Well not the kind of savages that murder native population...

After the initial unrest caused by the landing of our benevolent troops, which forced the natives into hiding, things calmed down. Hugo even took an (armored, you never know) bodyguard and visited a local village. Careful at first, the natives quickly opened up and they even offered a tour around the village showing the various aspects of their living. Hugo's mind filled with new stuff he never imagined possible. The thing that impressed him the most, was the way locals foraged some huge banana growing palm trees. They used trained monkeys tied with a rope that did all the hard work for them by climbing up the trees and bringing banana fruits to their handlers. Life had never been easier!

Voila some natives in action. Once again forgive my photographing environment (my old trusted glass table on the balcony), since i haven't created a photo-booth with a white background yet. But these straw kind-of-fence, does the trick by transporting us to more exotic places, doesn't it? :pir-tongue:

23988576519_437d56b0c0_c.jpg

Close up

24060795880_f60399d8d7_c.jpg

Edited by blackdeathgr

Contrary to the lies Eslandolans are spreading to the Old world (..) Oleanders aren't "savages". Well not the kind of savages that murder native population...

Now mate, who are you trying to fool here? None of us Eslandolans, that's for sure! (Nice little vig, that will need an answer however pirate_tong.gif )

Now mate, who are you trying to fool here? None of us Eslandolans, that's for sure! (Nice little vig, that will need an answer however pirate_tong.gif )

Pfff...what can someone expect from a merchant nation...! pirate_laugh_new.gif (no, that emoticon is totally corrish...) pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by blackdeathgr

I really like this small vignette. While the landscaping is simply, it works, and it has a clear composition with the tall part in the background, and important elements all directly visible to the eye. pirate_satisfied.gif

The idea of monkeys picking bananas is great, and I wonder if not some cultures have done something similar in real life. pirate_blush.gif

For some reason, the table does not annoy me so much in this build! pirate_tong.gif

Perhaps it is due to the better lightning or the inclusion of a clear border on the build. And I actually have to agree with you (although I suspect you meant it as a joke pirate_wink.gif ) that the straw kind of fence thingy actually DOES work very well! pirate_laugh2.gif

Hahaha, thanks Bart and Bregir! Whatever you say, me and the table must part ways :-p

On a side note, i think that monkeys are used that ways in countries around Indonesia? At least for coconuts

An interesting counter to all those annoying rumors, aye? I like the concept and the build is pretty good but it's a little hard to focus on the tree against that backdrop. The poses are pretty good, especially the monkey, and it's nice to see some peaceful interaction. Keep it up.

These natives aren't too smart, are they? That monkey is about to jump him from behind and I really don't want to know where that banana will go then. pirate_laugh2.gif

Nice build, and those straw fences indeed add to the tropical feel. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Nice tree and great placement of the monkey!

I think the table would work great as a water surface around a boat with some backdrop solution to hide the border :classic:

The straw backround is not bad however for this build :classic: