Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

[MOD] CHI Panthar

Hello again all!

Haven't done these for a while, but I recently picked up a second 70208 CHI Panthar at a discount the other day, so I thought I'd mod a set that I already thought was good using only the parts you get in 2 copies of 70208 CHI Panthar:

Front:

14980841452_37cb73ea0a_z.jpg

LEGO 70208 CHI Panthar MOD (1) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Side:

14794637227_29bf40e6be_z.jpg

LEGO 70208 CHI Panthar MOD (2) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Back:

14978094891_475ec9afaf_z.jpg

LEGO 70208 CHI Panthar MOD (3) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Action pose:

14794636887_f49ac69331_z.jpg

LEGO 70208 CHI Panthar MOD (4) by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

Modifications concentrate on the neck, torso and arms really (I thought the legs were fine as they were), including:

• Ditching the asymmetry (seemingly instead going for the "Edward Scissorhands" vibe with long claws on both hands)
  • Going for 5M bones on the neck instead of the grey 4M ones, thus allowing to put shoulder armour on the shoulders rather than the forearms
  • Filling out the torso a little (including using a little unconventional technique on a gold 4M shell located at the back, where it is held between the torso beam and the torso shell).

That's all for now. Feel free to use this mod to inspire your own mods of this set! :sweet:

He looks ferocious on the first pic. :devil:

I would have put a golden body armor, though, or more gunmetal. There's only one gunmetal part, and it looks weird. And I would have made the legs one module longer. Or I would have used a three-segmented leg. So I think some minor modifications can be made, but overall it's a really good MOD, good job ! :sweet:

He looks ferocious on the first pic. :devil:

I would have put a golden body armor, though, or more gunmetal. There's only one gunmetal part, and it looks weird. And I would have made the legs one module longer. Or I would have used a three-segmented leg. So I think some minor modifications can be made, but overall it's a really good MOD, good job ! :sweet:

Fair enough, but remember that I was only using parts available in two copies of the set and the parts left really couldn't make leg mods that I truly liked. As for the gunmetal... same excuse really. I never understood why LEGO decided to give Panthar gunmetal torso armour when the other Fire models got gold torso armour, especially when the rest of Panthar's armour was gold in the first place... :wacko:

Oh, I see. I actually didn't read and jumped to the pictures right away. :blush:

But why didn't you use spare parts ? You don't have any left with all your huge MOCs ? :tongue:

Edited by Leewan

I got a Wolverine vibe from him, a very cool MOD you've done here. I agree that the gunmetal chest plate is the one drawback to limiting yourself on parts- The golden shoulder pads end up looking slightly strange, the way you placed them makes it look like they would be apart of the chest armor, but given that they are different colors throws it off somewhat.

With that said, it could also cause him to have too much gold. Color scheme aside, the change to symmetrical arms is better than I thought it would look, makes him look more muscular.