Sign in to follow this  
Eddy Redbeart

Pocket Ship of the Line MLCAD

Hey Ed,

Welcome on Eurobricks/Classic-Pirates.com!

I must admit that your MLCAD ship is one of the best I've seen created with that program. The stern looks just great, the bow looks also very decent and you've added tumble-home for the sides of the ship.

Did you check how much this would cost you if you bought the ship via the MLCAD program?

Nice ship, definitely the best one I've seen made from that program. It really looks great.

You can check the prices on LDD, not MLCAD.

Holy Megablocks! This little ship is gorgeous! Perhaps it's inappropriate for a proud warship defending the shores of a vast empire, but the term "cute" comes to mind. I hope you're planning to put this beaut together in real life!

Welcome to classic-pirates!

You did a great job on this ship :thumbup: Are you planning to build this in real? I'd love to see that!

I only think that the mainyard should be a bit higher (on the same level as the first crow's nest).

But this is very promising :pir-classic:

I usually don't like mclad (or any other digital moc) at all, but this one is very good.

I really like the colourscheme, unfortunately the hulls are indeed not available in those colours :pir-sceptic: (allthought you could make a narrow hull with these colours by seperating top/bottom parts of the flying time vessel and armada flagship).

Thanx for the comments. Im very happy you like the ship. Unfortunatly i cant built it in real bricks. i lost my lego through a fire some time ago and i dont have the money to rebuilt my collection any time soon.

lego should make all parts ever created available in all available colors to buy seperatly. that would help a graet deal. but that might be to much of a logistical problem.

the ship u see here is my take on what an imperial flagship for the pirates line of product should look like, i tried to use simple building techniques and tried to go without special parts other than when neccesarry. and i tried to keep the number of parts as low as possible too. the last premise is because i didnt want it too be too big. something the right size for kids to play with.

ill be doing more ships in mlcad. next one will be a ship with a small hull. maybe imperial, maybe pirate. on my list is a galleon two. the pirates need something to plunder.

ed :)

Edited by Eddy Redbeart

Yups, welcome to Eurobricks!

I also think this is one of the best (if not the best) ship on MLCAD I've ever seen. And I think it would be even better if you make it with real bricks in these colours.

The coloursheme is great, and so are the shapes.

Really good job! :thumbup:

Who :pir-oh:

that is the best digital ship i've ever seen!! it realy has the looks.

does MLCAD give you a buildingguide or is that LDD

i've it doese Post it on Brickshelf, perhaps somebody wil build it in real bricks. i would sure want to give it a try.

awaiting your next MLCAD model

Claus von Nassau

i didnt make building instructions - mostly because i change alot while building and i have no clue how to make the instructions with mlcad. apart from a handfull of models i made last year im relativly new to mlcad. i had however enough time with real bricks to relativly know what i im doing within the programm.

however i can put the mlcad file of the ship up for download for everyone interested. i didnt put any parts into groups so the whole ship can be disassembled. only problem would be the steering wheel i think. as the lower latch of the middlesection mast would most likely be in the way of the steering whell the way it is now. but since mlcad does not have that part i cant confirm this. however , im sure someone who attemts to built it in real bricks will find something to improve here and there anyway :)

ed :)

Edited by Eddy Redbeart