Brick Miner

What's in a name ???

I think it's mainly due to the fact that we were this "internet generation". What helped us going into a drak age were computer games and the internet. Then we went back out of the dark age and when time came to register on a lego board, we all had those nicknames ready ! I am lucky I didn't use my gaming one though :-D

I think it's mainly due to the fact that we were this "internet generation". What helped us going into a drak age were computer games and the internet. Then we went back out of the dark age and when time came to register on a lego board, we all had those nicknames ready ! I am lucky I didn't use my gaming one though :-D

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't use my CB "handle" from the 80's... "Thousand People".

Lol. The internet's pretty much KILLED citizens band radio fun... noone's on anymore.

very perceptive summation jipay *y*

i guess i didn't realize this... as my "dark ages" came in two different and distinct periods... each due to my career in comics, and nothing to do with games !!!

BTW, comics are cooler than video games :-P :-D

- BrickMiner

I second this! :-D

Comics are even cooler than LEGO!!!! *runs quickly away and hides behind a huge pile of comic books fearing to get hit by bricks*

natelite = nate lite. :-P nate is usually taken, so nate + lite or nate + elite = natelite. somehow, someone, somewhere will always read that fast and go natalie. *sing* >:-( *wacko* :-X :-|

why lite? well, diet nate sounds silly... :-D

Heh, when you first joined I thought you were of the other gender.

My name

I second this! :-D

Comics are even cooler than LEGO!!!! *runs quickly away and hides behind a huge pile of comic books fearing to get hit by bricks*

i thought you might...

X-O wait, whats this small light-gray (or is that light-blurish-gray) text... let me put it in a quote box so that it's easier for everyone to see ;-) :-P

My name

Actually,i've had a lot of screen names over the years.

My first one,when i registered BZP in 2002,was Babs.I named myself after my dog.Later,i changed it to BabsNuva.****I made a BS gallery with this name-But it's filled with some crappy things (and some MOCs) so i dont reccomend visiting it.****However,it later turned out that Babs was a female name in Belgium :-D .

So i changed it to -Infected-.I forgot why i named myself this,but i think it has to do with a 2001 storyline obsession i had at the time.

And even later on,somewhere in 2004-2005,i changed myself into Toxic.It was supposed to be a more extreme version of -Infected-.It was also the time that i made my second,current,and largest BS gallery of the same name: toxic.

In 2005,i changed myself to Toxic Hordika.

Early 2006,when i had just seen Bionicle 3:Web of Shadows,i fell completely in ''love'' with the huge Kahgarak near the end of the film.So i named myself Kahgarak.

Then i joined Eurobricks and called myself Kahgarak.

Later on,i changed myself into Kahgarak Inika at BZP.However,something happened to my account.I couldnt log in-but i was not banned.I knew my password still,so i couldnt have mistyped it.

And so,the site with less rules,and more friendly Lego fans old and young called Eurobricks became my ''home site''.Currently,Eurobricks had gotten the most Paint Drawings,MOCs,and weird stories from me than BZP did.And i'm proud of that.

I still lurk around BZP though,so that i'll still know the latest exclusive Bionicle news.

And that was my story about where donuts come from.Good day and good night.

;-)

Wow! So many original stories! Let me write a little about my nick, though I am not sure if it will be interesting or not... :-$

Though my first experience with computer was when I was 4 or 5 (Windows 2, I guess), I only felt the need for a nickname sometime around '96-'97, when I started playing the computer games (the older guys will remember - Cosmo, Wolfenstein - those were the days!) and decided to use SuperCat7 - I like cats, username 'cat' is sometimes too short or taken, Supercat is usually taken too, so I added a ramdom digit behind it - 7. I was a kid back then, and this nickname proved to be VERY sticky and stayed with me till the late 2002 - and this is what my B-Shelf is still called. :-P

Unknown Artist, however, has a deeper meaning for me. I think this definition best expresses my position in the human society – Unknown Artist is roughly what I really am. I try to make everything I do look like art, not the average, boring job. An Artist’s work is not just paint, notes on a piece of paper, characters printed in a book or pieces of cloth. It is Work of Art, and Art always has its own soul, perhaps even a part of its creator’s soul, his or her spirit, which will remain behind long after its creator is gone. Do not get me wrong: I do not seek immortality – for it is a pointless struggle – but simply try not to waste the short time that has been given to me in this world. I could call myself ‘The Great Pretender’ from that song by Freddie Mercury, but it has the little taint of lie which I don’t like. You see, to the question ‘What do you want in life?’ I cannot give a better answer than to cite a wonderful movie ‘Once Upon a Time in Mexico’ by saying ‘A good choice.’ I’m the Unknown Artist – so simple and not. :-D

Brilliant thread Brick Miner, I've always puzzled over names like ApophisV (which I've always read as Apophis5) and snefroe1.

Well, I like James Bond movies but not to the point of obsessitivity (word?) I just picked it becuase it looks/sounds good and it was one of the first things that came to mind. ;-)

Tiber is a river in Rome (actaully Tevere in italian.. ah well), that's why I chose it (personal reasons).

And Mr, I don't know, just Tiber sounds a bit plain to me, I might ask someone to change Mr to Captain...

"Cutty" is a diminutive of my very first internet handle I chose (about 5 years ago...) "CutYourThroat"

I used to get very offensive reaction to that name on a multitude of internet boards, so I felt the need to change it. It was then a lapsus of a pal of mine during an ICQ conversation where he, perhaps without much in mind, called me "Cutty" for short. I then took up that shortened, and more positively sounding, name as my new handle. I've used it ever since (apart from very selected sites, where I cover my true identity via an ultra-secret name that is far to mysterious to utter here *stealthily hides in the digital shadows* :-D ).

SADLY, that name was already used on msn when I tried to register there, so I combined a term referring to my first name (Renaissance) and my internet handle (Cutty) to be my msn screen-name.

Apart from that my love for the MegaMan games got refueled a few years ago, and CutMan (see my pixely avatar ^^) is one of my favourite robot masters...so there I am!

Captain Tiber sounds nice! *sweet*

Thank you X-D But I better keep it like this, it would be confusing to other members because everyone calls me Mr Tiber in the pirate forum...

Captain Tiber sounds nice! *sweet*

Thank you X-D But I better keep it like this, it would be confusing to other members because everyone calls me Mr Tiber in the pirate forum...

i have always read your name as "Mr Timber" as in "Siver Me Timbers" :-D :-D :-D

i knew you we a pirate fan... and i put two-and-two together *pirate*

- BrickMiner

Wow so many names for so many reasons :-)

Ok well mines simple i loved the Vader character so it was an easy choice and i got the 316 as it was my old house number.

Sorry wish i had a better story but i dont :-D

Mine is without imagination:

KimT is short for <drum roll> Kim Thomsen.... I've tried making up a useful log-on name a zillion times, but nowhere allows for Kim Thomsen or kim (always taken) and I didn't want to be kimthom, kim6798 or something like that. So I shortened it a bit into KimT, though it strangely became "kimt".

I've also used the first logon name given by my first internet provider which is bse19192, but that is just too strange. It's still the name on my eBay account and msn.

KimT

Ok well mines simple i loved the Vader character so it was an easy choice and i got the 316 as it was my old house number.

I thought the "316" was a reference to WWE - Austin 3:16 and all that rubbish.

My nickname is the god of war and bloodshed from the Warhammer universe. How I came up with it, you may ask... Well, it's really simple. I had a lack of inspiration and took one of my brother's WH books and pick this name, just because it sounden cool. And the 'R', well, that's just a silly typo 8-| . So, there you go, my story.

My nickname is the god of war and bloodshed from the Warhammer universe. How I came up with it, you may ask... Well, it's really simple. I had a lack of inspiration and took one of my brother's WH books and pick this name, just because it sounden cool. And the 'R', well, that's just a silly typo 8-| . So, there you go, my story.

Somehow I have the slight feeling we already had a similar thread like this... 8-| ...... ;-)