Sign in to follow this  
MightySlickPancake

pf to a 9v motor, any ideas?

traintech1.jpg

Hi. I was planning a 8-wide class 22(its a british model) in power functions and i don't want to use the power functions motor because of all the problems. Well i was going to use the pf and 9v conversion wire but lego have removed it from their products.So with no easy way of powering it i am not sure how to get it moving, any ideas fellow euro brickers?

there was a way a friend of my suggested, it would mean getting a new and old motor joining them together. Which i thought was a good idea until i checked the length and it was too big to fit inside.

if any one would like to see pictures of the 22 i would be happy to get some.

thank you for your time, cb

Isn't this the conversion wire: http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=8871 ?

If not then order this and get a 9V wire from BrickLink and create two conversion wires yourself.

Alternatively, wait a few months for the release of the new trains. They will have PF trainmotors (and I assume they'll be available seperately from S@H as well then).

thanks Allan, i had only checked under power functions i thought i would have been there. Thanks again and sorry for waisting everybodies time.

thanks, cb

Edited by crabboy329

what exactly was the original plan with the pf wire and the 9V motor? I can't imagine how to use the 2 together ... the train motors don't connect to anything really.

I definitely am not thinking outside the box on this one ... could someone explain this to me?

edit: actually, since this is the trains section i jumped the gun on this one and thought 9V train motors, didn't I? The OP must be talking about that other funky shaped motor found in many technic sets? I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and as soon as I posted this message, (I think) I figured out what the OP was talking about :)

Edited by j3tang