Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Black Pearl MOC from a LEGO show in Taiwan

thindexedgif.gif 34b

While looking around on Flickr, I discovered these picture in the gallery of a user called funkg177.

Apparently the are taken very recently on a Lego show in Taiwan.

I wished there were some close up pics, but for now we'll have to do with these:

563233858_75e7f0cca8_o.jpg

563233864_cd4cf4364b_o.jpg

Edited by SlyOwl

That's a really nice ship, love how they used the Tran-blue pieces as the ocean below them.

I think it's a brown version of the Black Pearl.

I think you're right; the lamps at the back are in the same design as the Megabloks ones.

I think it's a brown version of the Black Pearl.

Agreed, but it is certainly a nice ship!

Especially the stern section looks very Black Pearly..

And that poor BSB looks like a tiny fishing ship next to this ship! :-D

Mr Jackson, I don't think it's a Megablocks set, not enough big and ugly pieces in this. ;-)

Mr Tiber

Wow, it is tremendous X-O

I agree, it's the Black Pearl and a beautiful one at that...

If you think the BSB is big take a second look at the first picture...

It's like a fly near giant...

*y* *y* *y*

Mah. I don't really like it all that much. The masts and sails are all wrong and funny looking. It looks good if you take off the masts, and let us see some details, but the masts are sails are plain terrible and ruin it for me!!

Also what's up with the jib sail? That sure wouldn't do anything on a real ship!

It also looks like it has the potential to have a really sweet cabin, but we can't see it, so I will withhold further judgment!

It clearly is NOT Megablocks. It is built will the Lego bricks and the elements are clearly not Megablocks. Cannons, rigging pieces, rowboats, mast sections, all Lego elements. The structure does look like it was at least designed after the PotC Black Pearl to a certain degree.

Overall, good size, details and hull might be good, but everything above the decks just ruins it for me.

I just took a second look at this ship.

It has the potential to become an superb ship, but I would do some changes...

First things I would do is remove those oversized lamps at the back and replace those sails by normal (white) sails. All the rest is really hard to see on these pics.

I'm hoping someone will find some better pictures...

Mah. I don't really like it all that much. The masts and sails are all wrong and funny looking. It looks good if you take off the masts, and let us see some details, but the masts are sails are plain terrible and ruin it for me!!

Well, I agree, the stern mast (I don't know how it's really called :-/ ) is too short and the sails are a bit funny, but it's a fantasy (if it's really the Black Pearl) ship and it doesn't need to be so historically correct... Although it's a bit funny the way it is.

Otherwise, I really like it (and so everyone should X-D ).

Well, I agree, the stern mast (I don't know how it's really called :-/ ) is too short and the sails are a bit funny, but it's a fantasy (if it's really the Black Pearl) ship and it doesn't need to be so historically correct... Although it's a bit funny the way it is.

Otherwise, I really like it (and so everyone should X-D ).

I don't think I said I didn't like it just because it wasn't historically correct, I said I didn't like it because it looked bad.

I only marginally care for realistic...ness...

I would much prefer something "look good" than be completely accurate. However, part of "looking good" is at least kind of looking proportional to a realistic ship. The sails in the middle are way too big and ugly, the lowest ones way to wide for the height. The mizzen mast is far too short, and I have no idea what is hanging off those masts...

PotC is fantasy for sure, but at least those ships looked like ships. I would have mo problem, for example with sails full of holes, or sails made of algae, or fantasy pirates with both hands for hooks and both legs for pegs, or ghost pirates, or anything like that, but when the ship looks terrible, then I have issues.

To me, everything above the deck looks very bad, partially because it is historically not proportional, and partly because it is just plain ugle and poorly constructed... so that makes me not like the ship.

I don't think I said I didn't like it just because it wasn't historically correct, I said I didn't like it because it looked bad.

I only marginally care for realistic...ness...

I would much prefer something "look good" than be completely accurate. However, part of "looking good" is at least kind of looking proportional to a realistic ship. The sails in the middle are way too big and ugly, the lowest ones way to wide for the height. The mizzen mast is far too short, and I have no idea what is hanging off those masts...

PotC is fantasy for sure, but at least those ships looked like ships. I would have mo problem, for example with sails full of holes, or sails made of algae, or fantasy pirates with both hands for hooks and both legs for pegs, or ghost pirates, or anything like that, but when the ship looks terrible, then I have issues.

To me, everything above the deck looks very bad, partially because it is historically not proportional, and partly because it is just plain ugle and poorly constructed... so that makes me not like the ship.

Sorry, mate I didn't mean to say it like that ;-) , I know you like it, you mentioned that in your post but I guess that's my English...

Nice destroyer, although it isn't yours. I saw that a while ago on brickshelf. I want to see the interior.

It's not mine, that's why I wrote "A Flickr find" in the description ;-)

But I would be most interested in those pics you have seen some while ago on BS.

Do you think you can find those again and post a link to the BS-gallery?

Edited by bonaparte

Looks like a really nice ship.. Too bad there isn't any more pictures.. Or just a couple of closeup-pics.

But thanks for sharing *sweet*

This was previously posted on our boards, around here. Merge?

This was previously posted on our boards, around here. Merge?

Interesting !!

But no need to merge since that other topic was about all the stuff on TWLUG's exhibition, while this one is about only 1 MOC.