LegoKing, on Nov 22 2008, 04:26 PM, said:
I Scream Clone; your work has paid off by creating a wonderful MOC! This looks much better instead of when it was just the calamari and land. I like how the evil skeletons are against the pirates and Imperial Armada. I am surprised that the pirates and Imperial Armada are teaming up, since they both hate each other. The beach is really well done and how you made the beaches geography different in different places. The thing that is funny is that one of the pirates is using sheep as a weapon. The house is well created and the roof is terrific! I also like how you included a little jail cell in your MOC. The calamari attacking the tower is my favorite part.
1) Put tiles on the ground to cover it completely if you have enough pieces to do so.
2) Maybe it would look cooler if you had a monkey fighting against the evil pirates.
3) In the middle of your water, it looks empty. Possibly you could have a pirate in a little boat firing a cannon at the calamari.
4) Put a guard on the top of the tower that the calamari is attacking.
1) Some grammar mistakes. Example; Pirates and Navy are quick....... It should be Pirates and the Navy are very quick.......
Overall- I Scream Clone, your hard work has paid off and your final product is great! There are some tiny things that I suggest that you fix. I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks for the input, in answer to your questions/critique
1. I wish I had that many tiles.
2. Don't own a single monkey
3. but then it would just look like Nadroj's
4. Thats the guard falling off the top of the tower
Erdbeereis1, on Nov 23 2008, 03:24 AM, said:
Beautiful work ISC!
After seeing that little teaser picture, I had high hopes for this, and you didn't disappoint! I'm glad to see you really fixed the transition between the waters well.
Your entry has lots of exciting action, a lovely giant squid and nice buildings. I love the "sheep attack".
The buildings have great colors and detail. Combining white and tan for the colors was a wise decision and that building on the left has a great roof. The way you mounded the plates gives the entry and much more 3D feel, which is often lacking in MOCs.
Some improvement ideas:
1) The right middle section of the water looks quite bare. I love LegoKing's idea of a boat with a cannon shooting at the squid.
You could also have a little sailboat with a scared head minifig in it.
2) Maybe a few more bloody bodies?
I also feel that there could be a bit more blood where it's used.
3) Perhaps you could put something on the top of the tower, as it looks slightly empty at the moment. Some ideas would be a cannon or another guard.
It's good to see how this entry came from an ISC mind-block (
), to something as nice-looking as this.
Great job and good luck!
Thanks for the nice appraisal.
I have no more pirate figures or Navy, so cant really add anybody else to the scene (unless stormtroopers or knights are allowed
Not sure about the tower top, perhaps I will add something.
Thanks and good luck to you too.
Guss, on Nov 23 2008, 04:51 AM, said:
lol, as usual, it's a funny moc you did ISC ^^
I love the sheep used as weapon XD
what I think you can improve on it ? mhhh..
the house is cool, the roof is nice, the tower is cool, but the studded beach don't like the flash/strong light pointed at it I think ^^ try to takes the pics without flash
I think a picture with the guy hiding under the brown thing on the water on the foreground, and the rest of the entry behind him ^^
what's happening on the house ? we can see fire coming out from the windows I think, but I think that's something you have to improve^^
anyway, that's a nice entry^^ and I wish you the best for the contest!
The house is only just alight as they have only just finished pillaging the village.
I had a pic of the guy in the water as my sneak peak, and its on my Brickshelf, its just I then have to take another pic down.
Cheers and good luck to you too Guss.