Oky

The Nighthawk

The Nighthawk

7367227764_1425e823b3_z.jpg

Backstory:

Hank Nightingale was an ordinary man living a good life in Gotham City until one fateful night. He was working inside a Wayne Industries warehouse when suddenly Batman and the Joker crashed through the window, fighting. Hank watched them fight each other throughout the warehouse until one of them accidentally set off a huge explosion. The Joker and Batman were unharmed, but Hank was injured very badly. Batman saved him from the burning warehouse, but he didn't know that since he was unconscious. When he woke up later in the hospital, he found out in horror that he was now blind! Apparently the explosion was so bright that it blinded him permanently. He lost his job since he couldn't perform it anymore, and his life went down the hill from there. It was then that he swore revenge against Batman for taking his eye-sight. Billionaire philanthropist Bruce Wayne felt responsible for Nightingale's loss since the accident happened in one of his warehouses (and because it was him who caused it), so he generously offered him a job at Wayne Tech where he could help develop technological aids for handicapped people like him. Hank accepted the offer, and soon he developed a helmet with built-in hi-tech cameras which hooks up to the wearer's brain and gives them incredible vision. But instead of using it to help people, he decided to use it to get his revenge on Batman, whose image has been burnt into his mind and has been haunting him as it is the last thing he saw before he went blind. Once the first prototype was completed, Hank stole it, along with a winged jetpack. He designed a costume for himself that resembles a hawk since hawks are one of the bat's natural enemies. He now goes by the name Nighthawk and commits various crimes in order to get Batman's attention. In addition to his razor-sharp wings and vision, he also has sharp claws, much like his namesake. Also, his helmet can emit an ear-shattering shriek which renders his prey disoriented long enough for him to strike. These along with his ability to fly very fast and quietly, and his burning hatred for the Batman make him a very formidable foe!

Here you can see him ambushing Batman while he oversees a money transfer to the Gotham City Bank (Click here to see it without the edited background).

Here's a front view of him with his wings in their folded position. Note the scars on his face from the explosion, his blank eyes, his pointy armor, and the straps holding the jetpack on his back.

7367227670_e8f813dd24_z.jpg

Nighthawk Front by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

He looks most like a hawk from the side.

7367227672_0b1732dd31_z.jpg

Nighthawk Side by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

In this back view, you can see his winged jetpack. Note the similarities to Batman's jetpack which (unbeknownst to the world) was also developed by Wayne Tech.

7367227674_0c2ee32105_z.jpg

Nighthawk Back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Cost of the minifig:

Flying Mummy headdress: $1.59

Zolm head: $0.85

Dark bley neck bracket: $0.26

Spiky shoulder pads: $0.94

Racer X torso: $1.23

Wolverine claws: $0.42 x 2 = $0.84

CMF Series 7 Evil Knight leg assembly: $1.12

Black Brick, Modified 1 x 2 x 2/3 with Studs on Sides: $0.19

Light pearl silver bladed claw weapon: $0.20

Trans-Light Blue Round Plate 1x1: $0.03 x 2 = $0.06

Dark Bluish Gray Tile, Modified 1 x 1 with Clip: $0.04 x 2 = $0.08

Dark bley Hippogriff wings: $7.07 x 2 = $14.14

Total: $21.50

Hope you like it. I had the idea for this character while researching natural enemies of bats, and the villain Vulture from the Spider-Man comic/cartoons may have been an influence as well. Please note that sok117's Category B entry of the same name had no influence on this entry. Any comments or criticisms are welcome.

Great entry Oky! I love the intimidating scary look of the face, as well as the nicely-done vignette. Overall it sure looks like a villain I could see fitting the Batman universe perfectly.

Though I really can’t help but giggle at the name being exactly the same as sok’s Nighthawk hero entry. :snicker: I sure would want to see a battle of the Good vs. Evil Nighthawk for the bragging rights to use the Nighthawk monicker. :laugh:

Great stuff, as usual, Oky! ) :sweet::thumbup:

I don't really know where to start..... everything from the fig to rthe vig looks awesome!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Although this is a great entry, My jimmies can't help but feel a little rustled with the fact that you stole the name of my hero. :hmpf_bad:

Nice entry! It's good to see that good customs can be purist. Is this purist? Either way, it looks wonderful!

Edited by sologuy369

Looks purist to me. Nice job on all the details. The only thing I would change would be to spraypaint the dark blue in the helmet black. Of course then it wouldn't be purist, but a nice gloss paint would give the color scheme a boost in the arm.

Nice! My favourite entry for the villain category so far! So, my favourite villain's called Nighthawk, and so is my favourite hero! You and sok117 both did some great minifigs. Now, which Nighthawk is better? :tongue:

Great stuff, as usual, Oky! ) :sweet::thumbup:

I don't really know where to start..... everything from the fig to rthe vig looks awesome!

Thank you! :sweet: Anything in particular that you like about it, or any suggestions for improvement?

Although this is a great entry, My jimmies can't help but feel a little rustled with the fact that you stole the name of my hero. :hmpf_bad:

I understand your feeling, but let me assure you that I had no intention of stealing your character's name. It was just an odd coincidence that we both chose that name. I guess it's because it's one of the few cool-sounding names that haven't been used in the Bat-mythos yet. I already had everything ready to post (including the name) when you posted yours. I was considering calling my character something else (like ShadowHawk or Night Falcon) but I thought that Nighthawk still suited my character the best, and since yours was entered in a different category and is a completely different character (as pointed out by natelite in your topic) I decided to keep that name. I hope you can respect that and wont have any hard feelings.

Your NightHawk is awesome by the way! Very well done! :thumbup:

I sure would want to see a battle of the Good vs. Evil Nighthawk for the bragging rights to use the Nighthawk monicker. :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, that would be awesome.

Nice entry! It's good to see that good customs can be purist. Is this purist? Either way, it looks wonderful!

Thanks. Yes, it's completely purist. I didn't even use any stickers, so you can make the exact same fig with the listed parts! :wink:

Looks purist to me. Nice job on all the details. The only thing I would change would be to spraypaint the dark blue in the helmet black. Of course then it wouldn't be purist, but a nice gloss paint would give the color scheme a boost in the arm.

That would be hard to do without painting over the hawk face print. And yes, I'd like to keep it purist. Besides, I think the dark blue gives the outfit a nice accent and goes along well with the dark bley wings.

Thanks. Yes, it's completely purist. I didn't even use any stickers, so you can make the exact same fig with the listed parts! :wink:

Then there will be 3 nighthawks!! :laugh: Just kidding!

I already have my entries ready, just making sure they are ready for this tough compition. Best of luck to all.