Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #143: Making Amends

wj4aWgE.png

A group of four heroes leave the confines of the Hall and walk through Eubric, the brisk morning air cutting through the streets. Navigating through clusters of Eubric's bustling citizens, the heroes eventually reach the Albatross Inn. They open the front door and step into the foyer. A

drifts through the rooms of the Albatross, sans a singer to say the lyrics. The party enters the bar, and the same brown-haired man that walked through the hall stops playing the piano, and stands up.

NxegUaI.png

It was Gabriel Cour - sharply dressed in a suit, as opposed to his normal military gear.

uw5qjRj.png

"Apologies in advance for not being dressed for the job right now. They enforce a dress code here, and I wasn't sure when you were going to show up."

6P8WU68.png

"Yeah, military duds scare off the customers." pipes in the barkeep. "That, and Mr. Cour needs to work off his tab somehow."

uw5qjRj.png

"If you think that piano playing here is my only source of income, you are mistaken.

Don't pay attention to him. He likes to hear himself speak. You all here?"

Gabriel looks expectantly at the party.

The Party:

19557531433_d6c5c4d5c6_t.jpgJinnipher Buchaire (JimBee)

76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel and His 99 Pieces, the Super Sleuth (Played by Palathadric)

16895570282_2f08bd649b_t.jpg Calamity (Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage

21994854154_0d4d07263b_t.jpg

Lind Whisperer

QM Note: Welcome to 143! You have 24 hours to make purchases/confirm. I'll add your stats once everyone makes their marketplace trips and checks in.

I nod in greeting to Mr. Cour.

"Eh? If he's the boss, you'd best not get on his bad side."

I nod in greeting to Mr. Cour.

"Eh? If he's the boss, you'd best not get on his bad side."

uw5qjRj.png

"I do other work. Sniper first, piano player second."

"Looks like coming in black was the right choice."

uw5qjRj.png

"Heh. For here, yes. I'd like to just sit here and drink all day, but we have a strange gift to find."

Edited by Endgame

uw5qjRj.png

"Heh. For here, yes. I'd like to just sit here and drink all day, but we have a strange gift to find."

"So... I'm guessing we are not just going to hit the boulevard, and you have something specific in mind?"

"I do other work. Sniper first, piano player second."

"What is a sniper exactly?"

uw5qjRj.png

"Yes. I do have something specific in mind. Namely, a cure.

What's a sniper? You take a long range handcannon and kill people with it. That's basically my job description, although sometimes my clients don't neccasarily want me to kill the atrget itself with the handcannon."

Edited by Endgame

Gabriel shrugs.

uw5qjRj.png

"Not trying to be dramatic. I'm just terse, I guess.

I hadn't seen my brother in twenty-four years - last time I saw him, he was an infant. Well, I met him a couple months back, and I noticed he was short an arm. It got chopped off when he went on a mission to stop a horde of demons. Needless to say, it wasn't a fun time for him... That, and the phantom pain was bad. Phantom pain is only supposed to last six months, tops - it's been almost a year now and its getting worse and worse for him. I don't think he likes to talk about it... I started to catch on when he would start wincing from nothing at all. I kind of suspect I was the only one he told about it. He's kind of secretive like that. So, I figured I'd make up for lost time and find him a cure for it."

Edited by Endgame

"A horde of demons and just an arm? That's impressive. Have you considered that perhaps the phantom pain isn't natural?"

Edited by Scubacarrot

"A horde of demons and just an arm? That's impressive. Have you considered that perhaps the phantom pain isn't natural?"

uw5qjRj.png

"From what I understand, it wasn't the demons that did it. He refuses to tell me who did, though. The demons did... Tamper with him, though. I think hes still screwed up from that. Whether or not that's the cause of the phantom pain, well, I don't know."

OoC: For the sake of continuity, can I assume that Pretzel purchased Lind the Boots, and join in? We're already 10 posts in, and what must be a least a large portion of the primary exposition has already been covered... :look:

Edited by Lind Whisperer

OoC: For the sake of continuity, can I assume that Pretzel purchased Lind the Boots, and join in? We're already 10 posts in, and what must be a least a large portion of the primary exposition has already been covered... :look:

QM Note: Yes, unless Palathadric states otherwise. And don't worry, there's still a bunch left to learn :wink:

Edited by Endgame

QM Note: Yes. And don't worry, there's still a bunch left to learn :wink:

OoC: Thanks. :classic:

uw5qjRj.png

Don't pay attention to him. He likes to hear himself speak. You all here?"

Gabriel looks expectantly at the party.

Smiling with pleasure, Lind reached out his hand to shake Gabriel's. "Aye-aye, Captain Gabriel. Lind Whisperer, reporting for duty."

He grinned. "Or should I call you sir?

It's great to see you again, either way."

"Looks like coming in black was the right choice."

"Black's always the right choice."

uw5qjRj.png

"Intriguing! Please continue."

Gabriel shrugs.

uw5qjRj.png

"Not trying to be dramatic. I'm just terse, I guess.

I hadn't seen my brother in twenty-four years - last time I saw him, he was an infant. Well, I met him a couple months back, and I noticed he was short an arm. It got chopped off when he went on a mission to stop a horde of demons. Needless to say, it wasn't a fun time for him... That, and the phantom pain was bad. Phantom pain is only supposed to last six months, tops - it's been almost a year now and its getting worse and worse for him. I don't think he likes to talk about it... I started to catch on when he would start wincing from nothing at all. I kind of suspect I was the only one he told about it. He's kind of secretive like that. So, I figured I'd make up for lost time and find him a cure for it."

"Well, as a gift for making up for lost time, I'd say that's a pretty good one.

So - I gathered from the description that you had a specific seller in mind. Could you fill us all in with a few more details?"

Jinnipher strides up to the group, fashionably late as usual. She looks Gabriel in the eye with a grin tugging the corner of her mouth. "So which ancient dictator are we overthrowing today?"

Jinnipher strides up to the group, fashionably late as usual.

The black knight opened his mouth to sarcastically congratulate the lazy knight on having finally gotten up...then thought better of it, and closed it. The way the elf deported herself, there would be plenty of chances to snark later on - no need to start this early.

She looks Gabriel in the eye with a grin tugging the corner of her mouth. "So which ancient dictator are we overthrowing today?"

He allowed himself a small bit of sarcasm. "Morning.

No, no dictators - we're going after a cure to his brother's...phantom pain, I think he called it, although I don't know if that was a strictly technical term for it, or just a common one..."

Gabriel shakes Lind's hand, but regards his "captain Gabriel" remark with some disdain.

uw5qjRj.png

"Hello, Lind."

So - I gathered from the description that you had a specific seller in mind. Could you fill us all in with a few more details?"

uw5qjRj.png

"There are two craftsmen in the Eubric Mountains - a husband and wife duo - who are very good at what they do. One is an alchemist, the other is a blackmsith. I figured we'd visit their cottage, and see what needs to be done from there. It'll be a bit of a hike."

Jinnipher strides up to the group, fashionably late as usual. She looks Gabriel in the eye with a grin tugging the corner of her mouth. "So which ancient dictator are we overthrowing today?"

Gabriel's face mimics Jinnipher's.

uw5qjRj.png

"Sorry. Can't solve all the world's dictator problems in two quests. Be nice if we could though, huh?

Any more questions, or shall we get going?"

I hand the pair of Swift Boots to the Whisperer.

Check new inventory Endgame. Thanks!

I'm down 14 gold and up a Mead, Remedy, and 3 Potions.

"So from what I get of it, your brother was somehow possessed by demons and attacked his fellows on the mission and then got his arm chopped off as a result. Let's hope, if that's the case, that he's not still possessed in any way."

Edited by Palathadric

Check new inventory Endgame. Thanks!

I'm down 14 gold and up a Mead, Remedy, and 3 Potions.

"Thanks."

The Black Knight removed his Mugger's Mask, and carefully slid on the well-made Swift Boots.

OoC: Inventory is up-to-date, and ready to copied and pasted. Also, thank you Palathadric, for making the purchase. :classic::thumbup:

EDIT: Also, if anyone wants a loan of any of my gear, just ask and Lind'll cheerfully share it.

"So from what I get of it, your brother was somehow possessed by demons and attacked his fellows on the mission and then got his arm chopped off as a result. Let's hope, if that's the case, that he's not still possessed in any way."

uw5qjRj.png

"Your guess is as good as mine, really. He's been raising his kid and doting on his wife for the past year, so I'd be suprirsed if he was possessed still - he doesn't act it."

"Your guess is as good as mine, really. He's been raising his kid and doting on his wife for the past year, so I'd be suprirsed if he was possessed still - he doesn't act it."

"I've heard of cases where people were "sleepers" - they were possessed, but didn't act like it for up to years, until the demon decided it was time to take full control of the body."

The black knight shrugged. "Either way, we can't do anything until we get started."

He reached back over his shoulder, and gently stroked the Amethyst-infused blade of Star-Breaker. The mention of seeing a non-Eubric blacksmith had intrigued him.

"Oh, right, this is Karie's husband we are talking about, isn't it? Let's hope for her sake that he's not...still possessed, that is."

"I've heard of cases where people were "sleepers" - they were possessed, but didn't act like it for up to years, until the demon decided it was time to take full control of the body."

The black knight shrugged. "Either way, we can't do anything until we get started."

He reached back over his shoulder, and gently stroked the Amethyst-infused blade of Star-Breaker. The mention of seeing a non-Eubric blacksmith had intrigued him.

uw5qjRj.png

"I'll take him to a priest and have him exorcised later, if I feel up to it." Gabriel says with a dismissive glance.

"Oh, right, this is Karie's husband we are talking about, isn't it? Let's hope for her sake that he's not...still possessed, that is."

uw5qjRj.png

"Yeah. The kid, too."

"I'll take him to a priest and have him exorcised later, if I feel up to it." Gabriel says with a dismissive glance.

"I imagine the good Monk - Pretzel, I believe it was, or do you prefer Father? - could probably preform the exorcism, if it really comes down to that."

"Yeah. The kid, too."

"Especially the kid."

uw5qjRj.png

"When they killed the lord of all the demons, his entire horde completed evaporated, so its doubtful.

Calamity, Jinnipher, you ready to head out?"