Sign in to follow this  
Mörs

Quetzalcoatl

I suppose it suits this board, as it could be conceived as a Dino Island MOC. But please move this to a more appropriate board, if necessary.

I actually built this over 3 years ago; only today I have tweaked some minor details a little.

Here's an overall view of it:quetzalcoatl_wingswidespread.jpg

Uh, just ignore that parrot... I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to have been able to meet with a quetzalcoatlus.

In the following picture, it is seen fishing in a river:

quetzalcoatl_fishing.jpg

I really wanted to give it the ability to walk on all fours, like you always see them do in those CGI dinosaur movies.

Here it's going airborne:quetzalcoatl_goingairborne.jpg

You can see the tiny tail I gave it.

The wings are great! This is a nice style of building where even though the MOC uses mostly basic pieces, the whole thing looks so real. The feet look a little small, but at the same time I couldn't suggest anything else as they'd compromise the perfect legs!

The wings are great! This is a nice style of building where even though the MOC uses mostly basic pieces, the whole thing looks so real.

Thank you! I like that, too!

The feet look a little small, but at the same time I couldn't suggest anything else as they'd compromise the perfect legs!

Yeah, well... I tried to experiment a little with the legs and the feet to make something better, and each time I tried some another idea, it was worse than the original, and then I remembered how I had spent a lot of time doing the exact same thing 3 years ago, and thought that any "new" ideas I would come up with would inevitably have already been tested by me 3 years earlier, and that's why I chose the design you can see here... and thus I just gave up. It's like my style of building didn't change one bit over those 3 years! :laugh:

Edited by Mörs

I do say that first shot looks rather enticing, very good job on this, If I had the pieces I would replicate this but sadly :cry_sad: I do not. Anyways, nice job!