Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

What should there be in the next Agents theme?

I was thinking, I love the Agents theme this year, it is my favourite in a long time. I was overjoyed more sets are coming out in 09, but was wondering exactly what. What would you like to see the Agents theme continue to? Personally, I think the single best way to go is to get a new team of villains. Dr.Inferno has had his fun, now bring on a new insane mastermind with a different set of lackeys and colour scheme! :cry_happy:

I'd also love to get a couple of new Agents, maybe even the headhoncho of them, their boss or something. As for the bases, we really need a seabase for the villain and a base (not moving) for the Agents I think. A set I'd also love to see would be a safari set in Africa with some animals (new like the shark) and a couple of All Terrain Vehicles to square off against each other.

What do you think?

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Hahaha! Great ideas so far!

Love the safari/Africa idea. With off road jeep type vehicles.

A moon base! With another laser!

Hmmm. A massive Agents airplane base/carrier would be awesome. Hows about a big spider type creature for some villains, a bit like the mechanical spider in Wild Wild West.

:cry_happy:

I'd like to see a villian's space station (complete with death laser, naturally) and a space shuttle for the agents.

I totally agree! :thumbup:

I was thinking more of a second team of agents, along with the ones we have already. We have about 6 or 7 baddies not including the grunts with 4 agents, we could have three or four more I believe.

I've always wanted to sea an awesome huge helicopter like Dino Attack for the bad guys.

Maybe a Ice base for the Agents.

A desert would be nice too.

Or an undetground Theme!

Maybe some more agents with diffrent hair pieces [Or just older pieces but diffrent colours] I always thought Agent Chase was the Leader isant he? :look::wacko: since hes in most of the sets aswell. ANYWAY, i would like to see a "Real" Agents helicopter even though i REALY like the one that comes with the volcano base it only fits 1 Agent maybe a bigger one. To be honest i cannot realy see them make a WHOLE new team but i can imagine that they would add afew more Agents + Villans but i dont think they would get rid of the original ones [They can get rid of charge, no one likes him :tongue: ] I dont think they will change the colour schemes for either side. I hope they make Agent's Impulse Sets! they would sell like friken hotcakes [Or sell like a SW impulse set....hey theres an idea! SW impulse set! :oh: imagine....but then again hasbro might sue since they are individual mini-figs.....oh well... :hmpf: ] But yea i think they should Add more Agents [Maybe another Female Agent :wub: ] + Afew more villans.... A moon base thats a good idea! :wub:

I'd like to see some kind of Agents Academy - kind of like a base but more like a training camp for future Agents - with dummy traps and decoy villains, and terrain training (How To Cross A Firepit in Three Easy Steps etc). I think there would be lots of fun for the little kids and big kids alike! That way you could meet the Agents' 'boss', a mentor Agent from the first wave, and have some new novices as well.

I don't know about Impulse sets though - it's not like Agents make good army builders since the individual figs are so specific. Unless it was an army of Slime Faces :tongue:

Crap Batbrick! You beat me to it! :cry_sad:

I wanted to do this topic, but oh well.

Maybe a Ice base for the Agents.

Please, no! Enough Alpha Team! We cannot allow AT to corrput the Agents line with it's icy-ness and crappy vehicles.

I agree with Batbrick, we should have new villans. Dr. Inferno's son? ( Flameboy anyone? :tongue: ) I made this little story for all you LEGO Agents fanatics :wink::

After years of struggle and grief, the agents finally catch up to Dr. Inferno on Mt. Cheese-Doodles. They corner him at the ledge of the mountain. "Get over here you dirty little ***hole or we'll add you an extra 10 years to your 40 year sentence", said Agent Chase. Dr. Inferno flashes him a smirk and says, "You'll never catch me alive!". He waves the agents goodbye and jumps off the cliff, commiting suicide. Agent Trace gasps. Now the world is rid of a physco megalomaniac, thought the agents. But little did they know that before Dr. Inferno commited suicide, he had his only new born child take his place as the son of FBI's 2nd most wanted criminal. Years pass... The agents age in time, retiring and letting the newly recruited agents take their place. These agents are called, Ace, the leader of the five. Bass, the man in charge of all things heavy-duty and explosive. Grace, hot spy girl with an attitude. Disgrace, the one who always falls behind. And last but not least (well maybe), the son of Dash, Diaper Rash, the guy that ALWAYS gets hurt on every mission. One day the new agents get a phone call from an annoymous source, "I'm calling to tell you about Dr. Inferno's son, Flameboy". "Who is this?" answers Agent Ace. "My name is none of your concern, little agent" says the man, "All you have to do is go to this address..."

TO BE CONTINUED

Like VBBN said, I think that Agents would be a good theme to rehash the Dino Attack (Dino 2010) helicopter for. It could be the same basic design, but with added Agents gizmos, and some sort of enemy vehicles(s) instead of dinosaurs... I would love to see anything though, because I absolutely LOVE this theme. :wub:

U_T

hmm, there are so many possibilities... But I would say a small jet ski mission with a villain chasing an agent on a small boat (like in that one Bond movie... I think either Die Another Day or The World is not Enough) while the agent is on a jet ski running away with stolen enemy plans/ blueprints. Also, a safari/ Africa theme would be great (Blood Diamond!) as long as it doesnt have any tanks or huge vehicles. Small trucks and bikes would be cool, but the IJ line already has lots of that.

Lego Lyons (the animal, not the member :tongue: ) and elephants, ON! :thumbup:

I think the Agency should have a Flying Fortress as their base of operations. That way they could deploy their agents anywhere in the world through flight. I also think that they should have a new villain. We don't want a repeat of Alpha Team and Exo-Force where they're fighting the same villain every series of sets. Instead, it should be something like the new Castle line where they’re fighting different enemies every year.

i'd like to see some undercover vehicles!

Plus, as someone else said, more villains, unless they're going in a S.P.E.C.T.R.E direction.

I brought up this question over in the review thread for the underwater set, but I'll ask it here... do you think we'll even get more new Agents sets next year? Lego has done lots of one-year themes lately, like Dino Attack, Vikings, etc. When I first read about the Agents theme, it seemed for sure like it was going to be another one of those short-lived concepts. But maybe not, huh? The sets are much better than anticipated, and there's no end to the characters, vehicles, and locations they could do.

I brought up this question over in the review thread for the underwater set, but I'll ask it here... do you think we'll even get more new Agents sets next year? Lego has done lots of one-year themes lately, like Dino Attack, Vikings, etc. When I first read about the Agents theme, it seemed for sure like it was going to be another one of those short-lived concepts. But maybe not, huh? The sets are much better than anticipated, and there's no end to the characters, vehicles, and locations they could do.

As Grevious said in the other thread, more Agents in 2009 was confirmed in an interview with a LEGO designer. Not only that, but I believe he specifically stated that there would be five new Agent sets for next year.

Well, for starters, I think they should keep the old good guys and bad guys - but give them new uniforms and a few new teammates. Also, I'd love to see another awesome base for Dr Inferno - a water base, moon base, or arctic base would all be cool. :thumbup:

For vehicles, I'd like a big sea boat for the Agents, and some sort of jet propelled flying vehicle for Dr. Inferno. As for locations, a desert mission and a mission in the city would be awesome. :classic:

Batbrick, you got it right on the money. I think, in way of vehicles, agents and villains alike need both a heavy-duty vehicle and a good flying vehicle. Along with the ideas of an underground unit, perhaps a Mole? Nice idea for the base, Zechariah Legio, very Cpt. Scarlet-esque. No offense svelte_corps, but that Agents Academy sounds really dumb. Unless it was invaded by a giant super-robot (another vehicle this theme needs!), it would be kinda boring and have zero playability. I think an Agents "boss" is more likely to appear in a "base", not an academy.

OK, villians missions! yup. now, each title has a pun! leaded by clawdete and her animal androids, (lazer lion, scare bare and shark spark) can she stop the old and new (mace, inferno, amuse)

here goes:

missoin 1: safe-ty first!: jaser lion is breaking a safe! can he stop agent mace (and his mace arm and moter bike)? includes a safe, laser lion (with a white and grey clawdete uniform) and lazre arm and mace (agent with arm with skelleton mace on) safe and moter bike

missin 2: icy stop!

ice cream muncher mech vs helecopter

spider salon:

claw detes killer base and salon walker vs agent jet car

infernos mid repaaint sea base (half blue half orange base with disguised boat

igloo kills you!:

agent eskimo in his ski vs igloo with lazer emerging

I think there should be Lego in the next Agents theme. :classic:

Funny you should say that, I think that too! :tongue:

:skull:

No offense svelte_corps, but that Agents Academy sounds really dumb. Unless it was invaded by a giant super-robot (another vehicle this theme needs!), it would be kinda boring and have zero playability. I think an Agents "boss" is more likely to appear in a "base", not an academy.

Well, obviously I disagree :sceptic: So far in the Agents there are heaps of vehicles but little in the way of buildings apart from a gate, the swamp outpost and the volcano. Rather than have yet another massive vehicle, I'd prefer a proper building that could integrate into a town layout but act as a secret home for the Agents. Any theme kind of starts to look odd if it is just vehicles vs vehicles. If there are 5 sets next year, we'll probably get 4 vehicle based ones and maybe a base for the Agents themselves anyway.

I do like Grevious' idea of an evil moonbase though :wub: - perfectly in keeping with the Bond feel to the line and an opportunity to do something really different.

Edited by svelte_corps

For Agents:

I think that they should add a HQ for the Agents.

It is quite obvious that Chase, Trace, Fuse, Charge are all Field Agents, so where are the Support Agents?

They should build an underground HQ with computer labs, and analysts/technicians (CIA style).

I can just visualize a round room, filled with support staff working on computers to get information, and technicians working in labs to create to vehicles/gadgets for the Field Agents.

And of course, the Chief of Agents, or whatever the big boss is called. Also, more female agents.

For Villains:

I think an alliance with another evil factor would be good. That way, the villains that we came to love will still be there, as well as a whole new group for the Agents to pulverize.

Dr. Inferno is fire, so maybe create a new evil factor with ice (I can see those light blue/trans-blue pieces). Then, we'll have fire and ice, the two extremes.

i would like to see a base with garage (where else they put there vehicles?), a invention lab (like Q's in bond movies) and giant screens, some pc's and, ofcourse, all agents plus a inventor and an operator boss thingy, like M.