Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Blockbeard

Imperial Burial MOC (Enjoy)

Well, i started at about 7:30 and finished the building at about 9:30 (most of the time was spent looking for bits SIGH)

It is my first ever attempt at a moc for this forum, and the first i have taken photos of lego...

in short im noob, the picture quality is noob and i only just learned, thanks to Phes great tutorial how to resize photos AND first time uploading photos to bricklink! *sweet*

So all comments welcomed...

Lets get started...funeral001.jpg

This is the over all view, yes blue background is not suggested, but i couldnt find white and there really is not that much blue in this moc so hey... *sad*

Explaination

Firstly, most of the mini figs are not real lego, but will do until i find cheap real ones (this is why they have silver cutlasses (are you jealous?)), i have decided my army is from Denmark after learning i have heratige there from 1850's (i am from South Australia) this is why the flags are Denmarks... see photo bellow... also the coffin is drapped in the flag. This MOC also has a five gun salute with ?generals? stading at either end (grey lego cutless), 4 Cannons for a good look, as is the three masts and ship wheel (behind the commander). In another section we have the drums and drummers (the only 2 blue shirts i have AND only 2 shakos :'-( ) There is also 6 'spanish' imperials, these are basically going to be my masters of the ships. Also you will notice flames and chains, flames are there cause i like em, but the chains are sposed to represent the lowering aperatis in which the coffin will be lowered. heres the rest of the pics...

funeral002.jpg

funeral003.jpg

funeral004.jpg

funeral005.jpg

funeral006.jpg

funeral007.jpg

funeral008.jpg

funeral009.jpg

funeral010.jpg

I have made this with the image of it being on a cliff over looking the sea with the masts closest to the edge, a little way away from a fort, it would only serve as a spot to cerimoniously (i invent words) bury the dead. that is to say lower into hole, walk away and then bury dead else where. The plateform you see the drummers on is the edge of the fort. Hope you enjoyed, constructive critisim welcome, HOW ELSE AM I GOING TO LEARN...

now of to make myself an Avatar...

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

Thank you for sharing your creation with everyone. I believe you have created a MOC not listed in the index yet. This is a nice little MOC, and I appreciate the addition of a 5 gun salute as I was in one for a funeral when a friend of mine died while I was deployed. You even have it set up the same way it was when I participated in a real one, except the rifles shot at an angle toward the back and there was no one behind while the rifles were shot. This way the rounds wouldn’t go near anyone’s head. Also, there is someone, such as a sergeant, who should lead the rifle squad, so that everyone shoots in sync. He should stand so his view of the burial is blocked by the rifle squad.

Keep looking for real Lego to buy so that you can replace the imitation. They are not cheap and I don’t foresee them getting cheaper. The redcoats with shakos and backpacks are going for around $5 now.

Duke

That´s a very interesting work with an original motif for sure, the whole scenery´s very well done

with a cleverly made coffin and the masts work out really good too. A fine work indeed! *sweet*

Great MOC *y* .

Apart from the huge display of MFs, I really *wub* your way of making the coffin, and the flag looks good too, with that movable 'flame' (is that the name 8-| ?; it's fiamma in Italian).

LuxorV

I see you stocked up on some bootlet parts, which is ok, except for those ugly damn rifles of theirs. Silvery swords ftw.

Anyway, this is an INCREDIBLY original MOC, and I love it. I especially love the way you did the flag, though I wish the whole end was designed that way and not just the one red part.

Also, the Cross looks a bit squat, but hey, it IS legos :P

Duke,

Thanks for the comment, i actually did this with never experiancing a gun salute, it was only done from memory of movies and the alike. Having more information on it, thanks to you, im considering making a second version! One where if they did the salute would not result in the crowd needing to be buried. lol... also as i made it i did not like the fact the cannons where facing the cross and the COMMANDERS HEAD!!!

Asuka and LuxorV

Thanks for the nice comments, as for 'moving flame' im not sure ??? if your talking about the flag as part of the flag or the fire at the end of where the coffin is to go...

Q.M.Robert

lol i am thinking i will bricklink a nice lot of lego muskets, they are much nicer. As for the flag, suggestion heard! i felt the same way but could not search for the pieces much longer... i am sure i dont have any white flags, however i have more red... hmm, runs off now to find them, will post a picture of the improvement. Wow you and i think alike i thought the cross was 'short' and 'stocky looking' aswell, will post the improved version up later with a photo of the intire army.

lol... also as i made it i did not like the fact the cannons where facing the cross and the COMMANDERS HEAD!!!

LOL! :-D

I hadn't noticed until you said something.

As said already, this is a unique MOC.

Definitely an "A" for originality. *y*

I'm trying to figure out where to place this MOC in the Index of Land-Based MOCs.

Would you put this MOC in the Vig sectoin or the Nn-Military section?

Yes, it definitely is too bad that clone bricks have to be used. :'-(

Looking forward to your future creations and welcome aboard!

P

I would say your the expert on placement my guess is vig, im quite surprized you find it worthy of the Index, some of the MOC's in there are WOW, i wish i could buy them...

I would say your the expert on placement my guess is vig, im quite surprised you find it worthy of the Index, some of the MOC's in there are WOW, i wish i could buy them...

i was thinking of putting it in the Vig portion after giving it some thought. *sweet*

We get learn and get inspired by everyone's MOCs.

Ppl have different amounts of bricks and building styles.

And yours is definitely worthy of the Land-Based MOC Index. *y*

P

army002.jpg

Are these bicornes like that already or have they been customised?

They are already like that, They got the white bits the wrong way round X-D

Yes i found it both humerous and disappointing that they had the white part back to front, however it does give them a distinctive look to the lego ones. i was almost spitting when i saw one had come scratched, but i have since come to like the black lines, they almost look as if placed purposefully.

I have thought the flag thing through, if i were to have it end in red white red, in flags i would need an engenious way of getting it attached to the flag. But as this project has already been broken up, its just never going to happen.

Asuka and LuxorV

Thanks for the nice comments, as for 'moving flame' im not sure ??? if your talking about the flag as part of the flag or the fire at the end of where the coffin is to go...

That was the flag as part of the flag :-$ .

LuxorV

Well I have to respect you for admitting to not using all real lego, probably the safe thing to do around here else everyone would want to keel-haul you.

I must say Captain that I like the innovativeness of the flag and Denmark was in it's own way a colonial prescence given Iceland, Greenland and a few minor ports and bases on the Atlantic coast were there's at one point. It could have been fun if you'd invented a story about how the Danes founded Adelaide :-P Frankly if the Spanish got lost and left Mr. Phes downunder I don't see why the Danes couldn't too. But yes, I liked the coffin design and how you've made use of red imperials to symbolize the Danes as an alternative to Brits. I have done a batch of flag designs to fit lego white flags some time ago which others would fill you in on and I have to reformate but I'll have to get around to doing a Danish one I can see.

All in all a good job and if I had to chose between using pure lego and seeing creativity, the creativity would win every time. Look forward to seeing more.

Well I have to respect you for admitting to not using all real lego, probably the safe thing to do around here else everyone would want to keel-haul you.

No, we wouldn't keel haul him Col. Whipstick.

There are less humane ways to torture Cpt. Blockbeard if he were not to confess the use of Enlighten bricks :-P

(j/k)

BTW: Welcom back Col. *sweet*

P

It's an incredible army of clones you have got. And i like the creative idea of your MOC. The silvery swords are cool, but in generel the LEGO-clones are not good in my opinion.

But it's a great MOC. Looking forward to see some more.. preferably with real lego bricks if you can get some.

They are already like that, They got the white bits the wrong way round X-D

Yes, it would appear they have, but WHY would they do this? Surely not out of incompetence.

No, we wouldn't keel haul him Col. Whipstick.

There are less humane ways to torture Cpt. Blockbeard if he were not to confess the use of Enlighten bricks :-P

You think Chinese water torture would be more appropriate?

LOL, i actually have near the whole set of "king leo"'s Kingdom set so to chinese water torture me would be killing a fellow lego supporter. i have a rather extensive collection meaning many blocks of lego, and getting DONATIONS lol would you believe it, people no longer want lego and know im into it and are giving it to me.

I consider it a public service seeing as most of these people were going to THROW IT OUT... so far im yet to get any pirate lego, just the normal blocks.

As for punishment, the pure fact i have to make do with clones is bad enough, if i were your ages (guessing most are 20+) i would have had stronger buying power back when lego pirates were out and would have MANY MANY more official sets i guess i have to make do with my measly 3 pirate sets plus clones...

Oh and as far as the hat goes im pretty sure it a legal thing, as pirate cpt. have gold boarders will post pic later... and the imperial soldiers lack any gold on the uniform... they obviously had gold paint so why not put it on the soldiers if not for legal reasons.

i have a rather extensive collection meaning many blocks of lego, and getting DONATIONS lol would you believe it, people no longer want lego and know im into it and are giving it to me.

I have heard of this happening before but unfortunately I'm yet to experience it first hand. It's one of my LEGO dreams...

I consider it a public service seeing as most of these people were going to THROW IT OUT...

So these people haven't heard of eBay and possibilities of making money out the LEGO they no longer want? They're silly! :-D

so far im yet to get any pirate lego, just the normal blocks.

Well it's a start! Come to think of it I badly need just normal blocks.

As for punishment, the pure fact i have to make do with clones is bad enough, if i were your ages (guessing most are 20+) i would have had stronger buying power back when lego pirates were out and would have MANY MANY more official sets i guess i have to make do with my measly 3 pirate sets plus clones...

Of course we're just teasing you X-D Actually when the Pirate theme was available in stores most of were kids and couldn't afford the sets anyway. It's now we're older and have jobs that we can afford so many sets.

I recall the largest sets I could afford when I was kid was Broadside's Brigg and Shipwreck Island. I had to save long and hard for those, and even then I waited for them to go sale. LEGO is too expensive!

i know you were joking, i was running with it... if your badly in need of bricks start asking close friends for their old collections offer to pay, you will be surprised!, although if they are married the most likely response you will get is, 'oh were going to save it for our kids'... a mum of a friend who has a ship told him to hang on to it just for his kids, obviously i had offered to pay for it being an incomplete CC... i sit here now thinking about some toddler eating it in 5 years time... sigh

i have also been told i could borrow lego, i laughed so hard... they obviously have no idea how hard it is to keep collections seperate, my bro and i tryied for 14 years till one day mum decided to 'clean up', they have been joined ever since.

By now I know most of the tricks for getting bricks!

Most of my friends have either long since parted with LEGO or don't want to part with it. I tried to buy some sets off the Unholy Lama once but he refused to part with them and there was another fellow who had a Black Seas Barracuda but he wouldn't even sell it. So acquiring Pirate LEGO from my friends doesn't appear to be a viable option at the moment. One day!

Anyway... Back to this Imperial Burial MOC.

Did you mention who is being buried?

one of the unlucky crew, i actually made it so the line of men was short a man. if you look closely the line of normal soldiers goes four then five... normally i would have put five and five as it is anesthetically (is that the word?) more pleasing...

if you'd like a story i would more than be willing, however it will have to come after my law assignment...

i should ask oDDerFisken for some good Danish Names...