Sign in to follow this  
Captain Ka-Boom

Work in progress Ship

NEW PICTURES UP!

After a while of progress i decided i would show my new WIP ship. I must tell you it will take a while. Another thing is i need help with the stern as you can see. It is a british 48 gunned ship of the line. Is still missing alot of guns. Guns are very small not real ones. Another thing is you can pull it apart because the middle two hull pieces can be seperated from rest. It was coverted from a galleon.

Stern

img_0469.jpg

Broadside

img_0467.jpg

Don't forget to check other stuff too.

Tell me if these pics are working.

Blast Off

Folder when public

Edited by Captain Ka-Boom

Green Hair had a tutorial how to do his design. Mine is not so good. But it was alot more terrible when flat. Camera just ran out of batteries. More pictures later. :'-(

Looks great so far.... I would play around with the stern a little bit..Its too plain looking needs some decorations.. perhaps a small balcony on the upper gallery........ but it is coming along nicely...

Edited by HMS243

I really like the color scheme, the red on brown actually has a very appealing effect. Keep working, I can't wait to see the final result! *sweet*

Looks good so far captain! *y*

For the stern , some ornaments in yellow or whitewould look nice i think.

A balcony could also work very well, as most 2 deckers had one.

In between the sloped and straight wall you cn easily put some tiles, that would make it look better.

I've used the same hinge bricks on Le Requin.

Good luck!

Click here for stern

If i had a balcony would there be a door to go out or just empty. More masts coming soon from bricklink and renegade runner *sweet* . I keep making new things so this wont be done for a while. Would the balcony be on the side and back? Cause back can be removed. Also the victory doesn't have a balcony. I am basing all facts off a cross-section of HMS Victory. I have a book on it.

Well the balcony would depend on what time period you where trying to build in... the early to mid 1700s ships of the line had balconies on the stern... usually on the upper galleries.

Mid to early i though it might go all way round. That would be tricky.

Should there be two balconies or one.

One balcony on the upper galleries would do.

British ships usually had them just on the rear, in French ships they go all the way round.

Looking forward to the result! *y*

The balcony looks great captain! *y*

It really adds some detail. *sweet*

Some ornaments might be nice too.

Now for the black pointy thing on top, i have to say i don't think that's an improvement.

Keep it up! *y*

That ship looks like it's progressing very well, but what's with the shells underneath the table? Are they part of the table or something?

*Mr Phes goes off in a non MOC tangent...*

My my, I don't think we ever encountered so many Two deckers in such a short period of time!

Did the bricks get cheaper or something? :-P

Looks pretty fearsome! I don't think I ever saw those red windows at the stern before..