MagPiesRUs

Winter Patrol

Tada!

*Snip*

Thanks! Any feedback will be much appreciated. :classic:

Oh this is great... 5 Snowtroopers on a white baseplate...

You are a shoe in for first place

:hmpf_bad:

Thanks for your contribution, Matiam92. As far as I'm aware however, this is a photography contest, not a building contest. I'm a fan of simplicity, though you're right, it does need a little something extra. I might try and take another crack at it and get back to you in a few days.

I don't know what he's griping about, I really like it. Less is more, in this case. I appreciate the artistic value of this shot. The lighting is near-perfect.

Now that is a creative shot! I love the unconventional focus of the subject at the bottom right corner. Great job on this shot TinyPiesRUs! Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

yeah great shot. the only distracting thing, for me, is seeing the underside of the baseplate.

Agreed, this fantastic! But the baseplate may look good tiled, or not visible at all. Great Job

The least you could do is offer some feedback...

I for one really like this entry, and like TPRU said, it's more about the shot than the build. The lighting in this one is really great, and the charging troopers create a really dramatic and epic effect.

You are entitled not to like this contest entry, but there are more polite ways to communicate your opinion. Your reply strikes me as aggressive and extremely unfriendly towards TinyPiesRUs (one of the friendliest members of this community). This is not the first time you behave like this, so consider this a final warning.

Yeah and you're just a gawd at photography yourself? :sceptic:

I actually think this shot is awesome.

A little dark perhaps, but it's got that "postcard-feeling" and that's enough to me.

Thanks for your input everyone. I've ended up taking a completely different picture, but I'm interested in which of the three you prefer...

DreamingofHome-3.png

HothBattle-3.png

yeah great shot. the only distracting thing, for me, is seeing the underside of the baseplate.

Oops, I've got a dark computer screen so I hadn't noticed this. Thanks for pointing it out. The OP pic has been updated.

Thanks everyone. :wink:

I'd go with the original photo anyway! It's great photography - perfect composition and lighting - and this is what the contest is about. My compliments!

The second and third one are almost a bit too cramped in comparison to the first. If you definitely want to take either the 2nd or the 3rd shot, though, then by all means take the 2nd. The third one is much too dark in my opinion.

Cheers!

I think the first upload is very interesting. Simple composition with an intriguing detail at the lower left corner, what is that mound? I like it.

I still prefer the first shot, simply because the lighting is more dramatic. default_classic.gif

I think the first pic is best. You got really nice contrast in that image. White figures on a white background can be a real challenge, but the troopers stand out clearly. Nice! :thumbup:

Agreed, this fantastic! But the baseplate may look good tiled, or not visible at all. Great Job

+1

Very nice shot :thumbup:

I think all are good but the first one is the best in my opinion. What is the set in the 2nd and 3rd picture. Just recently getting back into hording lego, sorry if this is off topic.

1st picture definately though :wub: