Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #70: The Syndicate

~This quest is for chosen heroes only. If you'd like to join Heroica RPG, please refer to the

Heroica RPG Rules and Discussion thread.~

JVVj85z.png

The lazy afternoon sun hanging over them five heroes begin their walk through Eubric. They set course for the Town Watch HQ, eager to recieve their assignment. These five heroes are:

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher) *Party Leader!*

45 Years old male human Paladin

Level 23 2/3 *Immune to Fragile* *Counterstriking*

Power: 37 (23+10+4*)

Defense: 12 (7+5)

Health: 45/45 (10+22+11+2*)

Ether: 23/23 (1+22)

Gold: 103 (Owe 50 to Docken, 79 to Arthur, 110 to Sorrow)

Equipment: Scupperer (Great Sword, WP: 10, Darkness Fire, causes Bleeding Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Counterstrike Gloves (On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to wearer's level), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immunity to Fragile), Tome of Affluence (Generates 10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle, accessory) *Pseudo's Blessing's Blessing (Not an Artifact, +4 Power)

Inventory: Frozen Saber (Great Sword, WP: 9, Light Ice, stunned effect), Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (+4 to Power, -6 to Ether), Hamantasch (consumable, lucky + blessed effects upon consumption for the length of one battle), Marksman's Monocle (rolls of 4 are rerolled, headwear), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Frailty, Garnet, Sapphire, 4 Meads, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immunity to Ice), Everlasting Venom, Emerald Lamp of Summoning,Bedroll, Adamantite Shard

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpgArthur Justus Regulus VII (Flipz)

21-year-old male human Sorcerer

Level 23 2/3 *Immune to Sealed*

Power: 28 (23+5)

Defense: 3

Health: 35/35 (5+22+4+4)

Ether: 33/33 (5+22+1+5)

Gold: 1668 (Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur)

Equipment: Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,Light-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Weapons: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes jinxed-effect; throwing weapon),Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Mulled Wine]), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging),

Artifacts: Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles), Ancient Crown (Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals Cursed-effect)

Gems: Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Garnet (Earth),

Tools: Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls: Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the Badly Poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target theLucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of Weakening,

Consumables: Potion, Grand Potion x5, Ether Core, Remedy x10, Elixir x3, Nostrum, Jinxy Juice x2, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Badly Poisoned effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Zoot's Plaything

8861153900_af3fe50a1d_t.jpgKarie Alderflask (Played by Kintobor)

22 year old Human Rogue, lvl 11

Power: 17 (lvl 11 + WP: 6)

Health: 17/17

Gold: 89

Defence: 1

Equipment: Sexy (WP: 6, Rapier, Disregards SP, usable by Knights and Rogues) Leather Armour (SP +1), Lover's Locket (Protects from enamoured effect)

Inventory: Potion (5), Mead (3), Remedy (2), Venom (1), Smoke bomb (1), Telescope (1), Bedroll (1), Heirloom Dagger (WP:3), Map of Brendenton (1), Spider Coin (worth 1 gp) (1),, Topaz, Scroll of Newtity (costs 10 ether)(usable by ex-Amphibians only), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear. )

ava-arnulf.jpgArnulf Bishop (Shoker86)

30 yrs old male human Rogue

Level 9

Power: 18 (9+8+1)

Health: 15/15 (7+8)

Gold: 43

Equipment: Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin), Tricorne (SP:3)

Inventory: Leather Armor(SP:1), 4 Potions, 3 Venoms, Remedy, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, 3 Meads

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious.

Unknown age male human ranger

Level 9

Power: 15

Health: 14/14

Gold: 28

Equipment: Bow(WP:5), Ranger's Quiver (+1 WP to all Bows/Crossbows), White Marksman's Hat - (â…™ chance of Assassination vs. Flying monsters; Headwear)

Inventory: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion x5, Remedy x3, Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Venom, Ice Bomb

The small group makes their way to the HQ quickly, making their way through the bustling city with ease. Arthur guides them around the corner of the building to a side door - Lilith's office. Sure enough, Lilith Etenant herself is standing there, rapping her plam lightly with her rapier.

lhbfbXb.png

The lietunant nods at the heroes curtly, examining them closely. Much to her relief, three out of the five heroes had been deemed "worth something" by her Captain... she wouldn't say it outright quite yet, but she was fairly confident in this crew.

6Xogedy.png

"Ah, you've arrived. I'm hoping that we may be able to give the Wolfgang another lasting wound, especially after we defeated all three of their generals. Just my luck that I was stuck patrolling the outer perimeter... I do wish I could've been more involved in all of that, but such is fate.

Now, then - time to get down to business. Are all of you here?"

Are your inventories correct? I will edit in any purchases you make. :sweet:

You have 24 hours to confirm... let's get this show on the road. :devil:

Edited by Endgame

OOC: I should be down 200 gold. Everything else is good.

Karie makes her way to the Town Watch building, an impressive edifice to say the least.

"Good evening Lieutenant, the name's Karie, Karie Alderflask. I guess I'm present, so yeah. I heard it was quite party down at the theatre last night!"

She wasn't used to the formality of the Town Watch. At least they were meeting their employer face to face, and not the employer's assistant.

Edited by Kintobor

6Xogedy.png

"'Party' isn't how I'd describe it. Fortunately, the Wolfgang were on the reiciving end of the pain, for the most part..."

Lilith notes Karie's catsuit.

"I was unaware you were there, judging by the get-up."

Edited by Endgame

"I'm sorry I'm late, i have to purchase some supplies,Arnulf Bishop, Luitenant, nice to meet you" then he turned to Karie "Karie, it's been a while, how are you? "

OOC: i bought 3 mead at marketplace

Edited by Shoker86

Karie looks at the catsuit she has in the small bag she picked up on the way to the headquarters. The ears were peaking out of the bag.

"I was unaware of whom the previous owner was. Now that I think about it I did get it off some undead guy."

She takes it out and looks it over. She hadn't noticed the slight odor coming off it. That guy better of not been some weird cross dresser.

She notices Arnulf in group. The last time she saw him she exploded in rage. Then she was drunk and supposedly dancing on the table. She walks over to Arnulf and hugs him.

"Long time, no see, Arnie! What have you been up to?"

Lilith raises a surprised eyebrow.

6Xogedy.png

"You don't know? You have the suit of the late Violetta the Cat Burglar, who has killed last night at the theatre. Yes, the revenant was among them, along with Private Regulus and a yeti."

Edited by Endgame

"Well, I can see where she got her name."

Karie felt a little unnerved owning some dead woman's clothes, especially after the way she greedily grabbed them for a steal of a price. Karie looked over at "Private" Regulus.

"I was on quest last night with Arthur, lord Boomingham, hell of a night, I was knocked out by wiener or was a chicken, some demon food, you?"

Kintobor, will Karie be equipping the Cat Suit?

Karie turns to Lilith, the cat suit still in her arms.

"You got someplace I could change? I wouldn't mind trying this thing on."

6Xogedy.png

"Go inside, third door on the left."

"Thank you."

After making her way inside, Karie takes of her leather armour and her regular clothes in exchange for the Cat Suit. She checks herself over to ensure she still looks the same physically, then leaves the room, getting a few offbeat looks from the few loitering guards. She returns outside, the cat eared hood down and her mask still on.

"It's a little tight... that and it smells a little..."

"Liutenant, can you tell me more about the armory and the men you have lost " Arnulf said.

Kintobor, do you want me to switch the avatar? I can't seem to find it anymore... :blush:

BoominghamMock2.jpgLord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher) *Party Leader!*

45 Years old male human Paladin

Level 23 2/3 *Immune to Fragile* *Counterstriking*

Power: 37 (23+10+4*)

Defense: 12 (7+5)

Health: 45/45 (10+22+11+2*)

Ether: 23/23 (1+22)

Gold: 103 (Owe 50 to Docken, 79 to Arthur, 110 to Sorrow)

Equipment: Scupperer (Great Sword, WP: 10, Darkness Fire, causes Bleeding Effect for 5 Damage until remedied or healed to full health) Round Metal Shield (SP: 7), Counterstrike Gloves (On Free Hits, Deals damage to enemy equal to wearer's level), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immunity to Fragile), Tome of Affluence (Generates 10 Gold if equipped for the entirety of a battle, accessory) *Pseudo's Blessing's Blessing (Not an Artifact, +4 Power)

Inventory: Frozen Saber (Great Sword, WP: 9, Light Ice, stunned effect), Hood of Belthazar Bluehood (+4 to Power, -6 to Ether), Hamantasch (consumable, lucky + blessed effects upon consumption for the length of one battle), Marksman's Monocle (rolls of 4 are rerolled, headwear), Scroll of Recklessness (Encouraged and Fragile for rest of battle, 5 ether, 50/50 chance), Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Frailty, Garnet, Sapphire, 4 Meads, Fire Brandy (Encouraged, Immunity to Ice), Everlasting Venom, Emerald Lamp of Summoning,Bedroll, Adamantite Shard

Arthur_TownGuard_Salute_ava_border.jpgArthur Justus Regulus VII (Flipz)

21-year-old male human Sorcerer

Level 23 2/3 *Immune to Sealed*

Power: 28 (23+5)

Health: 35/35 (5+22+4+4)

Ether: 33/33 (5+22+1+5)

Gold: 1668 (Owed 128 gold by Boomingham; owed 50 gold by Grimwald Gjinko; owed 70 gold by En Sabah Nur)

Equipment: Staff of Ennon (WP: 5,Light-Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Robe of the Archmagi (Bodywear, SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory:

Weapons: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable, causes jinxed-effect; throwing weapon),Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Hollow Blade Dagger (WP:6, dagger, hollow-blade [Mulled Wine]), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging),

Artifacts: Cloak of Deception (Backwear, Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent), Jester's Hat (Headwear, Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy), Shackles of War (Accessory, Prevents anyone from fleeing battles), Ancient Crown (Headwear, First successful strike of battle deals Cursed-effect)

Gems: Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light), Garnet (Earth),

Tools: Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass

Scrolls: Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering (Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the Badly Poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target theLucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.), Scroll of Weakening,

Consumables: Potion, Grand Potion x5, Ether Core, Remedy x10, Elixir x3, Nostrum, Jinxy Juice x2, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Badly Poisoned effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Zoot's Plaything

8754914213_901950bc39_t.jpgKarie Alderflask (Played by Kintobor)

22 year old Human Rogue, lvl 11

Power: 17 (lvl 11 + WP: 6)

Health: 17/17

Gold: 89

Defence: 0

Equipment: Sexy (WP: 6, Rapier, Disregards SP, usable by Knights and Rogues), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear. ), Lover's Locket (Protects from enamoured effect)

Inventory: Potion (5), Mead (3), Remedy (2), Venom (1), Smoke bomb (1), Telescope (1), Bedroll (1), Heirloom Dagger (WP:3), Map of Brendenton (1), Spider Coin (worth 1 gp) (1),, Topaz, Scroll of Newtity (costs 10 ether)(usable by ex-Amphibians only), Ethereal Cloak (SP +2, Max. Ether +4), Catsuit (Wearer has 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER and DAMAGE and Free Hits; suitable to women only; bodywear. )

ava-arnulf.jpgArnulf Bishop (Shoker86)

30 yrs old male human Rogue

Level 9

Power: 18 (9+8+1)

Health: 15/15 (7+8)

Gold: 43

Equipment: Cheesy Dagger (WP:8, Double damage to vermin), Tricorne (SP:3)

Inventory: Leather Armor(SP:1), 4 Potions, 3 Venoms, Remedy, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, 3 Meads

ava-em.jpg

Name: Unknown. Most call him "Em," though his real name remains largely mysterious.

Unknown age male human ranger

Level 9

Power: 15

Health: 14/14

Gold: 28

Equipment: Bow(WP:5), Ranger's Quiver (+1 WP to all Bows/Crossbows), White Marksman's Hat - (â…™ chance of Assassination vs. Flying monsters; Headwear)

Inventory: Smoke bomb, Grating Stone, Nostrum, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion x5, Remedy x3, Gentleman's Hat (SP: 1, suitable for men, headgear. The wearer has a 1/2 chance to not be affected by Asleep.), Venom, Ice Bomb

"Liutenant, can you tell me more about the armory and the men you have lost " Arnulf said.

6Xogedy.png

"I'll wait til' everyone arrives for the full briefing, but the armory is situated in one of the scummiest alleys in Eubric. It lacks an official name, but we at the watch have nicknamed it the Sceleris Alleys. The armory was only discovered, and most likely established, recently... a good portion of the men we have sent to patrol that area have vanished. Snuffed by the Wolfgang, knowing our luck. We stopped sending them so often because of the crime rate, and thus the Wolfgang pretty much run rampant there.

Recently, one of our patrolmen managed to get out of there with his life and carried with him one rumor: the establishment of an armory."

Edited by Endgame

"I'll wait til' everyone arrives for the full briefing, but the armory is situated in one of the scummiest alleys in Eubric. It lacks an official name, but we at the watch have nicknamed it the Sceleris Alleys. The armory was only discovered, and most likely established, recently... a good portion of the men we have sent to patrol that area have vanished. Snuffed by the Wolfgang, knowing our luck. We stopped sending them so often because of the crime rate, and thus the Wolfgang pretty much run rampant there.

Recently, one of our patrolmen managed to get out of there with his life and carried with him one rumor: the establishment of an armory."

"Thank you Luitenant, I'll wait until everyone arives." Armory, so they have accsess to weapons. It smells like riots, death and pain

"So we meet again," Em remarks, nodding to Arnulf and Karie before turning to their employer. "I'm here, sorry for the delay."

"So we meet again," Em remarks, nodding to Arnulf and Karie before turning to their employer. "I'm here, sorry for the delay."

"Good to se you again lad, how's life treating you ?"

I'll push this along when everyone confirms.. For now, chat it up!

"Well well, looks like the gangs all here! Or at least most of it. It's good to see you again Em!"

She was still trying to get used to the cat suit.

"I think I've gained an inch in height with these high heels."

Edited by Kintobor

6Xogedy.png

"Seems like an odd design choice if its made for thievery and dodging, if you ask me... Then again, I doubt that was the whole of Violetta's business."

"Well well, looks like the gangs all here! Or at least most of it. It's good to see you again Em!"

She was still trying to get used to the cat suit.

"With high heels as those you could se further than me" Arnulf smiled and then turned serious "Violetta, the Wolfgang general that was killed during our quest, where did you get the suit Karie? "

"... wait, are you saying that... oh god this is awkward."

Karie Alderflask: Lab rat, newt, working woman. The humiliation just piled on.

"The suit, I got it off of this undead guy in a hood. He was... different."

8754914213_901950bc39_t.jpg

Lilith can only shrug.

6Xogedy.png

"What works, works. Efficiency is efficiency - that is how I operate, at any rate. Got to, if I ever want to get rid of that horrible nickname..."

"... wait, are you saying that... oh god this is awkward."

Karie Alderflask: Lab rat, newt, working woman. The humiliation just piled on.

"The suit, I got it off of this undead guy in a hood. He was... different."

8754914213_901950bc39_t.jpg

"Wait, i didn't mean to be rude, sorry. Undead guy, definietly Sorrow, he was the only undead hero on our quest" Arnulf calmed himself a little "I was suprised to see you getting the suit so quickly. To turn to other subject. How was your last quest, I hope it was better than our first one?"

Edited by Shoker86

"Well, it was alright. I got turned into a newt and got yelled at a lot as party leader but... yeah, better than what happened with what's his nose."

Lilith can only shrug.

6Xogedy.png

"What works, works. Efficiency is efficiency - that is how I operate, at any rate. Got to, if I ever want to get rid of that horrible nickname..."

Karie grins in amusement.

"Care to share, Lieutenant?"