Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#10: Extra-Curricular Activities

heroicaquest10.jpg

Four heroes made their way to the Academy of Enlightenment to investigate the case of nightly vandals terrorizing the school. The four were:

ava-alf.jpg

Alf Gregory
(played by Bricksandparts)

Level 1 Barbarian

Power
: 4

Health
: 8/8

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Greatsword (WP:3), Potion, Mead, Shovel

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 4 Mage
*Lucky*

Power
: 9

Health

Ether

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Sangriste Dagger (WP:5), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect), Garnet (Earth), 3 Potions, 3 Tonics, Venom, Bedroll

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 1 Ranger

Power

Health
: 6/6

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Longbow (WP:3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

heroica_maurice02small.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 1 Cleric

Power

Health
: 9/9

Ether
: 5/5

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Steel Mace (WP:3), Potion, Remedy

The party came to the entrance of the academy. It looked like the days lessons were ending, and the students were returning to their homes. Some of the students lingered to socialize at the courtyard on front of the academy.

heroicaquest10-academy.jpg

An elderly man in large spectacles stood in front of the front doors and motioned the party to approach.

heroicaquest10-provost.jpg

"Greetings! You must be the four champions from Heroica that I chose to deliver our noble academy from the menace that irks us? I am Provost Darlavon Lector, and I'm in charge of the administration of this school. This institute was founded one hundred and twenty-four years ago by the noble houses that ruled during that time. We educate the youth of the wealthy and influential families of Eubric. But I see I am boring you with this history lesson."

"Now, onto the pressing matters. For over a week now, our school has been terrorized after nightfall. On the morning there's no trace of the perpetrators, just the mess they have left behind. Oh, the things they scribble on the walls... These acts of vandalisms are sure to be the work of some uneducated ruffians, I tell you! The strangest thing is that our night guard has not a soul inside the academy at any of these nights."

"Well, you are here to get rid of the pests, I hope. Tonight, you will wait in the premisis of the academy until it becomes dark, and watch to see if anyone enters the building. Then, you are free to investigate the grounds. You must catch the culprits red-handed so we can be sure the problem has been taken care of. Needless to say, if you do not catch the vandals before dawn, your quest will fail. Now, do you have further questions about your mission?"

The party can ask the provost anything that might help them.

"Greetings to you, Provost Darlavon Lector. I hope we will be able to help you but it seems like quite a mystery. How can it be that no one has seen these misbehaviours? This night guard of yours, I don't want to imply that we don't trust your judgement, but can you please tell us a bit about him/her?"

En Sabah Nur walked down the stairway, watching the students interact with each other while Lector spoke. He ran his hand along the lion statues and pillars admiring the architecture. He heard is party leader's question. Nur also wanted to know if this guardsman was a man of integrity. Maybe he simply fell asleep on duty.

"Lector, what exactly has been 'scribbled' on the walls? These 'profanities' may give us insight as to who the culprits are if we know what has been written. If the words are too obscene to say aloud, could you write them down for us?"

"Greetings to you, Provost Darlavon Lector. I hope we will be able to help you but it seems like quite a mystery. How can it be that no one has seen these misbehaviours? This night guard of yours, I don't want to imply that we don't trust your judgement, but can you please tell us a bit about him/her?"

"Certainly. Our night guard is called Jensen, and he has been in our service for over thirty years now, and has done a splendid job so far. He is an orc of few words, though, so you will not get much out of him when you meet him later today. He is still sleeping in his own home at this moment, but he should arrive to work in a couple of hours."

"Lector, what exactly has been 'scribbled' on the walls? These 'profanities' may give us insight as to who the culprits are if we know what has been written. If the words are too obscene to say aloud, could you write them down for us?"

"Oh, they are gruesome words, grim and dark and threatening, sometimes incomprehensible... The vandals are obviously trying to scare us. The paint they use is blood-red, you see. Our cleaning staff are complaining loudly about having to scrub the walls each morning before the students arrive. You can bet you will see the scribblings yourself tonight, if you don't stop the vandals in time."

"Any more questions?"

"Any more questions?"

Yes. Your students come from the wealthy and influential families of Eubric, you said. Does that include all of the 6 houses? Is any of the houses overrepresented in number of students? And also, how have the students reacted to these events?

"Any more questions?"

"what supplies we have to catch vandal? string to make a sound?"

OOC: also want to say I changed my avatar...

"You either show us around building or give us map? I think know way to trap ruffians." Alf starts to explain his idea. "we can steak-out here and trap them inside." Alf turns to the owner of the school. "have been any broken windows? you know how they get in?"

"If we know they come through door, we can make it look easy to get in and walk to another entrance. then lock all doors, hide in shadows and slowly close door and lock behind them, then we could use a string to cause net to fall on them. how you all like idea?"

Yes. Your students come from the wealthy and influential families of Eubric, you said. Does that include all of the 6 houses? Is any of the houses overrepresented in number of students? And also, how have the students reacted to these events?

"We have students from a few of the houses in power here, yes. Lyren Hinckwell studies here, as well as Nuitan Shadeaux. The latter's little sister Bellanotte will surely enter our school once she comes of age. We only teach youth over 15 years of age here, you see?"

"The students should not be aware of the incidents taking place during the night, since we have managed to clean the place up each morning thus far, but of course there are rumours circulating among the youth already."

"what supplies we have to catch vandal? string to make a sound?"

"You either show us around building or give us map? I think know way to trap ruffians." Alf starts to explain his idea. "we can steak-out here and trap them inside." Alf turns to the owner of the school. "have been any broken windows? you know how they get in?"

"If we know they come through door, we can make it look easy to get in and walk to another entrance. then lock all doors, hide in shadows and slowly close door and lock behind them, then we could use a string to cause net to fall on them. how you all like idea?"

"I am truly sorry, but I cannot provide you with trap-making equipment at the moment. But I can show you around the academy, for sure. Come, follow me."

The provost shows the party the way around the academy. From the Entrance Hall, there's access to the East and West Wings as well as the Atrium. Both wings have two floors with classrooms. The Atrium has entrances to the Observatorium to the west and the Library to the east, as well as the grand Auditorium to the north. The Observatory contains the Planetarium, while the restricted Faculty Offices lie above the Library. There are side doors at the west, east and north ends of the building.

heroicaquest10-academymap.jpg

"Is there something else you wish to inquire?" the provost asks after the tour.

"We have students from a few of the houses in power here, yes. Lyren Hinckwell studies here, as well as Nuitan Shadeaux. The latter's little sister Bellanotte will surely enter our school once she comes of age. We only teach youth over 15 years of age here, you see?"

"The students should not be aware of the incidents taking place during the night, since we have managed to clean the place up each morning thus far, but of course there are rumours circulating among the youth already."

"I am truly sorry, but I cannot provide you with trap-making equipment at the moment. But I can show you around the academy, for sure. Come, follow me."

The provost shows the party the way around the academy. From the Entrance Hall, there's access to the East and West Wings as well as the Atrium. Both wings have two floors with classrooms. The Atrium has entrances to the Observatorium to the west and the Library to the east, as well as the grand Auditorium to the north. The Observatory contains the Planetarium, while the restricted Faculty Offices lie above the Library. There are side doors at the west, east and north ends of the building.

heroicaquest10-academymap.jpg

"Is there something else you wish to inquire?" the provost asks after the tour.

"so you know how them get in?" :sceptic:

"so you know how them get in?" :sceptic:

"No, I'm afraid not. Aside from the four entrances, there are countless windows that the vandals could have climbed in. Or they could have snuck in during the day and hidden until the night to commit their mischief. This is truly a mind-boggling case to us, that is why we have asked Heroica to intervene."

"Have all rooms have been affected by the vandals or is there a special one they have targeted on?"

En Sabah Nur continued to marvel at the impressive structure and gazed longingly at the passersby. The geomancer had learned his skills from "the streets" and "on the job" type training. He always wondered how he'd fare in a more structured learning environment. "This must be the kind of institution the ogre's kin attends." While the barbarian and cleric were interrogating their host, Nur couldn't help but wonder as to the whereabouts of Erdathcath.

Alf turns to the most experienced fighter. Alf looks the mage in the eyes. "You have ideas? I don't know how catch these means!" :angry: Alf turns to the guide. "after we see the walls, could you bring us to the Atrium, I think our means might be hiding in tree?" Alf turns to the other two adventures. "you have ideas? I think we can catch this mean if we careful."

"Have all rooms have been affected by the vandals or is there a special one they have targeted on?"

"The vandals seem to be completely random in their acts. One night a few shelves of the library were knocked down, while on another night they hid all the globes of the Planetarium all over the building. I believe they target the academy in general."

Alf turns to the most experienced fighter. Alf looks the mage in the eyes. "You have ideas? I don't know how catch these means!" :angry: Alf turns to the guide. "after we see the walls, could you bring us to the Atrium, I think our means might be hiding in tree?" Alf turns to the other two adventures. "you have ideas? I think we can catch this mean if we careful."

"Oh no, there are no tall trees in the Atrium, only decorative bushes. I'd like you to hide outside the building as to not alert the vandals. If you don't see them go in, I would suggest you enter after it's dark in any case."

"Are you ready to wait for dusk to fall, or is there something else you wish to know?"

"Are you ready to wait for dusk to fall, or is there something else you wish to know?"

"well, could we meet guard? I like to know what he do when he, guard" Alf puts some exaggerated voice in when saying "guard." Alf turns to others "what you think?" Alf turns back to the guide. "do thing they do make lot of noise, I mean, would we hear them in school if we hide outside?"

"I think I've gotten answers for the questions I have at the moment, but you others in the team might have some more. Alf, I think we will meet the guard when he comes to go on his shift at dusk."

Alf turns to the mage. "you have any plan?" Alf speaks to the entire group. "we really need to have a good plan, because we only have one shot. I think we will need to split up, and use a signal to call each other to alarm of the invasion once we find them." Alf turns to the guide. "will you be helping us or not? I don't expect you to fight, but I think you know more here them all us."

"I am ready to wait for dusk but how much time do we have to catch the vandals before students arrive? In other words, how will time be measured?"

"I am ready to wait for dusk but how much time do we have to catch the vandals before students arrive? In other words, how will time be measured?"

"I agree we need know how much time have."

"Well, there are 4 of us and 4 entrances to the academy. We might want to split up so that we guard one each. Would we be able to hear if someone shouts from another entrance?"

"Well, there are 4 of us and 4 entrances to the academy. We might want to split up so that we guard one each. Would we be able to hear if someone shouts from another entrance?"

"This is a large building, so if the four of you split up to cover all sides of it, you will not be able to communicate with each other. Shucks, I knew I should have hired more heroes, but the school budget just did not allow it... We've lost a lot of our finances in cleaning the place up every morning, you know? So catching those vandals is not just a matter of pride to us."

The provost took off his classes and rubbed them at the hem of his robe.

"If you take my advice, you should wait nearby until dusk, and then enter the building. We will leave the front door unlocked to lure the vandals to use it. Who knows, you might catch them while they try to sneak in? The other doors will of course be locked from the inside. Does this sound like a plan to you people?"

"This is a large building, so if the four of you split up to cover all sides of it, you will not be able to communicate with each other. Shucks, I knew I should have hired more heroes, but the school budget just did not allow it... We've lost a lot of our finances in cleaning the place up every morning, you know? So catching those vandals is not just a matter of pride to us."

The provost took off his classes and rubbed them at the hem of his robe.

"If you take my advice, you should wait nearby until dusk, and then enter the building. We will leave the front door unlocked to lure the vandals to use it. Who knows, you might catch them while they try to sneak in? The other doors will of course be locked from the inside. Does this sound like a plan to you people?"

"I suppose so. Let' steak-out here and wait for the vandals to come. anyone else have any better idea?"

"That will be as good as any plan, let's go with that I say."