Mariann Asanuma

LEGO Octopus

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all. I wanted to share an old model of mine that I made quite a few years ago (either 95' or 96') I can't remember the exact date. This was way before I became a Master Model Builder (or even thought that I might get the chance to)

This was my very first LEGO animal sculpture. I created it as an enemy of my Aquanauts. I really didn't know much about LEGO sculpture at that point and if I was going to make it again, it probably would be a lot different. I don't have the model any more, and the pictures aren't the greatest (this was pre-digital age, for me at least). But I hope you like it anyway. :sweet:

3906723217_eb048223e4.jpg

You can read more about it at my Model Building Secrets blog.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

The first picture had me a bit confused, but that's only becasue there is so much red. The second pic is a perfect angle and shows us the front of the Monster.

This brings me back to simpler times when you could build something out of solid brick and it still looked cool. There are so many fancy pieces now days. I really like it and think it would look at home right next to a LEGO pirate ship.

has this been sitting on your shelf for over a decade?? Or did you recently rebuild it.

has this been sitting on your shelf for over a decade?? Or did you recently rebuild it.

No, I scanned in an old picture. The model itself was taken apart long ago. :sad: I could rebuild it, but if I did it wouldn't be the same. I'm a different sort of builder now and I'd want it to be more accurate and detailed.

I like how it twists its tentacles. Great job with that old bricks!

When I was a kid, I was diving at Adriatic sea and was looking left and right, trying to find interesting underwater rocks.

At one moment. I looked forward, and I was face to face, almost bumped with my diving goggles into the octopus size of the melon!!!

Next I remember- I jumped out of the water and in 3 giant steps get to the shore. Huh!