Sign in to follow this  
highlandcattle

7037 Discusssion...

This isn't a review, because I'm babysitting my parents house and my camera is still at my own apartment. I bought this set yesterday, because it was only 25 euros instead of 30. I like the set a lot because it contains three of the cool troll guys. And one wears some sort of strange American football contraption. I think this is also the first time that the harry potter door is released in reddish brown. The strangest thing about this set is that most of the tower is made in the new (?) Dark brown. I'm not sure if i like this color. It is almost as shiny as black.

What do you guys think about this set? I see that not a lot of people seem to care about it since there are no pictures or reviews on BS.

For those who can't be bothered don't have the time to check, 7036 is Tower Raid.

7037-1.jpg

I for one think this set is fantastic. I snapped it up as soon as I saw it in the store. :-D It has a nice amount of figs, 2 different torsos for the Orks, that wonderful new armour piece, 2 good ol' Crownies, 2 chains, the best siege tower I've seen out of Lego (even beating 6061) and a nifty little tower for the Crownies with a cool and very fun collapsing jail cell. :-D Well priced, overall a great set. Though that could just be the great Castle fan in me speaking out. :-P

~Peace

Stalking you iamded! *skull*

I think its a brilliant set, wonderful parts, an exceptional fig count, and the best price for parts ratio of the castle sets.

And plus, it made iamded happy, which is always good!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Hmmm, I haven't got this one yet... 8-|

I shall have to go get it now! *sweet*

I like what I can see from the pictures, it has an awesome siege tower, great minifigs and some nice pieces. I hope to get it soon! X-D

i saw this in the new catalouge and im thinking about getting it cause it looks great!

The tower raid is a wonderful set. It has 364 pieces for just 30€, it has the new chocolate color, a nice battering ram that looks like Grond from LotR 3, the huge weehls, three orcs and two knights (one with the scared/brave face) and for the best: one golden crystal *wub* .

I also like the flag of the orcs. It looks with the green normal flags on the sidesticks much better than the one from the dwarves catapult set (aww, I hate 7040 |-/ ).

I love the tower raid and I will get a second one of it for my army.^^

I think this is also the first time that the harry potter door is released in reddish brown.

Nope. ;-)

Steve

Oh I guess it ha been released before!

I just built it I absolutly adore it except for the big wheels. They look kinda silly. I'm gonna replace them for sure!

I happen to like the big shiny wheels but for this set I agree that it does look silly. I think three sets of the large wagon wheels would work nicely, or even the smaller round ones with technic holes.

I haven't seen this set in the store yet but I am looking forward to all the castle sets for this year and want to get multiples if I can. My favorite parts are the trolls and the new flag colors.

I haven't seen the new brown though. I figure that any brown is a good brown though so I will collect as much of it as I can.

Oh yes, a few more things I forgot to mention. Heaps of that delicious new brown. :-P That great Ork troll flag, the lovely golden crystal, a gold troll helm, and 2 flick-fire missiles! :-P Okay, scratch the last part. X-D I kept the wheels on, even if they do look a tad ridiculous. :-D Still, probably my favourite set so far, ooh, actually, Dwarve's Mine holds tough competition. As does Troll Warship. Maybe there's a new thread idea. X-D Anyway, this really is a great set, I love it! *wub*

~Peace

Aw, man! You guys are making me jealous! *cry_sad* ME WANT NEW CASTLE SETS TOO! *sing* All we have here in California is the Dwarves Mine and Troll Battle Wheel! And I am too cheap/poor to get them! *hmpf_bad* Oh well, nothing to do but wait... *sceptic*

Anyway, even though I am much more looking forward to the other Troll-sets (Dwarf catapult, Troll Wagon, Troll Warship) and probably wont be getting this one, it looks very nice. A good castle parts pack, I guess. I love those giant, shiny wheels, all that brown (good for steampunk! *wink* ), and of course that cool Troll flag! Btw, did any other SW fan notice how similar it looks to the Mandalorian Insignia? *sweet* It's so cool!

229px-JaingHead.svg.png

New Castle sets coming to the States very soon ON! *hmpf*

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

This isn't a review, because I'm babysitting my parents house and my camera is still at my own apartment. I bought this set yesterday, because it was only 25 euros instead of 30. I like the set a lot because it contains three of the cool troll guys. And one wears some sort of strange American football contraption. I think this is also the first time that the harry potter door is released in reddish brown. The strangest thing about this set is that most of the tower is made in the new (?) Dark brown. I'm not sure if i like this color. It is almost as shiny as black.

What do you guys think about this set? I see that not a lot of people seem to care about it since there are no pictures or reviews on BS.

"strange American football contraption." All that it they are is armor. You are right though, they kind of look like shoulder pads (that's what they're called in America).