Sign in to follow this  
Adamskii

Gallileo, Juno, Jupiter minifigs - space grade aluminium minifigs

I saw this on my news feed today and though someone here might be interested to read this. I am not much of a minifig collector, but, I know many of you are, and this may be old news, but to some like me, a pleasant surpeise and all round good news story !

Well Done Nasa, and Lego.

Link to news story here :

http://www.collectsp...ws-080411a.html

Here is the image ( I hope all can see it):

minifigs%20space.jpg

So what is the most expensive Lego figure in the universe now? Probably these ones. Cost = expenses to go and get them.

So what is the most expensive Lego figure in the universe now? Probably these ones. Cost = expenses to go and get them.

Too bad in one year that will be even more impossible as they will be dropped into Jupiter and my guess is likely destroyed. :( At least Jupiter won't be in trouble anymore and can get on with his affair.

This is awesome though. So well crafted and I'd love to see these produced as minifigures we can buy. QUICK SOMEONE CREATE CUSTOM VERSIONS!

Edited by Tech Artist

No, Dr Bolton from NASA, it's not "LEGOs" (or even "Legos")! It's just "LEGO".

Where they r available for sale? I want one

There are three floating around Jupiter that no-one would miss. :tongue:

Seriously, I suspect there are more of them on Earth but they're not for sale. My guess is that if there are spares, they belong to senior people at NASA and TLG or to TLG itself.

These will probably make record-prices at bricklink... in a couple hundred years time :wink:

Until then: ...to boldly go, where no Minifig has gone before... :classic:

I heard they want to crash the Juno into Jupiter when it's done, so I'm afraid there will be not much left of them.

I just got a vision of a global sh*tstorm towards nasa for that, which makes them to abandon their crash-plans... :wink:

I'd heard about this. It's pretty cool, but why is it in the Action Figures subforum?

I'd heard about this. It's pretty cool, but why is it in the Action Figures subforum?

I think I may have goofed on the subforum, although in hindsight it seems to fit very well. Mods are very welcome to move it to the appropriate subforum.

Edit: this will teach me not to post outside of the Technic forum. :blush:

Edited by BusterHaus

No, Dr Bolton from NASA, it's not "LEGOs" (or even "Legos")! It's just "LEGO".

There are three floating around Jupiter that no-one would miss. :tongue:

Seriously, I suspect there are more of them on Earth but they're not for sale. My guess is that if there are spares, they belong to senior people at NASA and TLG or to TLG itself.

Hahahaha....lool

These will probably make record-prices at bricklink... in a couple hundred years time :wink:

Until then: ...to boldly go, where no Minifig has gone before... :classic:

If the Earth still there :-)

I would be happy with printed plastic copies of these figures.

It would be really nice if a limited run of plastic versions of these were made to be given as a S@H promotion when someone preordered the upcoming ideas rocket.

If the Earth still there :-)

Earth likely, but indeed... these pesky humans are a bit concerning. Who knows, maybe until then there will be a minifig utopia. I am sure they wou!d do better :wink:

Edited by Littleworlds