WhiteFang

LEGO Collectible Minfigures Series 1 Poll

16 Special Collectibles minifigures  

518 members have voted

1. 1. Among the 16 Special Collectible minifigures, which is your favourite one?

• 1) Caveman
    • 2) Cheer Leader
    • 3) Clown
    • 4) Cowboy
    • 5) Crash Test Dummy
    • 6) Diver
    • 7) Native American
    • 8) Magician
    • 9) Black Ninja
    • 10) Nurse
    • 11) Forestman
    • 12) Robot
    • 13) Rocker
    • 14) Space Astronaut
    • 15) Wrestler
    • 16) Zombie

Hello everyone,

With the recent news release on this first 16 special collectible minifigures' coverage from various themes, I will like to seek opnions from our own Eurobricks Community by telling us which minifigure is your favourite among them all?

With so many choices to choose from? Which special minifigure is most desired by our Eurobricks Community?

You decide the outcome! :wink:

Please note that the names represented are not actual TLG representation.

gallery_2351_21_50077.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Made the title consistent

I'm liking almost all of them. But 1, 2, 3, 7, 15 and 16 are just incredible. I can hardly decide between them. I'm voting for caveman though :thumbup:

Edited by legoman

I have to go with #1, just because he's in a theme entirely of his own. I mean... if you don't count the obscure 'Caveman vs. Robot' theme.

It's nice to know that the Indian and the Forestmen themes are still relevant today.

I wish we could see the entire minifigs. Some of them must have accessories we can't see. Like, does #13 have a skateboard or a microphone? What could #5 possibly have? Will #3 have balloons? And so on.

Can't wait for round 2.

Clown, for the novelty factor of it, but almost all of them are great. I'm a little less impressed by the diver, the wrestler, and the zombie, and the indian and the ninja, because they look just like the classic figs.

I voted robot, since I want to appease our future overlords well in advance of their takeover.

About the pick, the list here has called attention to the fact that it's alphabetized.

#4 is hard to name, adventurer seems right, but it needs to be between 'cl' and 'cr'

#5 is most definitely 'crash test dummy'

#7 is an international incident waiting to happen, since the only people publicly using 'Indian' are people who use English as a second language (ie. Denmark)

#11 looks like a forestman but is most likely meant to be Robin Hood.

three cheers for the rational organization of TLG :laugh:

For myself, it's very hard to choose the best of this whole lot of minifigs. More importantly, these minifigs are one of a kind, with all new torsos and parts with past classic and new possible themes. :grin:

The Caveman, Black Ninja, Forestman, Nurse and Cheerleader are top on my list and since I have to make that one selection. It's have to be that beautiful Forestman minifig. It's has the modern fantasy touch and at the same time retaining the classic looking feature. An outstanding combo for the medieval castle collectors. :wub:

Anyway, to me, all of the above 16 minifigs are equally outstanding in its own rights and I hope we are able to see this available in normal distribution modes.

#5 is a crash test dummy, by the way!

Thanks for pointing it out. Unfortunately, I am not able to amend the poll accordingly as it will reset the current poll results. I will take note of its new reference.

About the pick, the list here has called attention to the fact that it's alphabetized.

#4 is hard to name, adventurer seems right, but it needs to be between 'cl' and 'cr'

Good spotting on the alphabetical order. Never realized 'Indian' was 'not done', but it fits the alphabetical order perfectly here. #4 must then be 'Cowboy', not too hard after all. Any chance of updating the poll? (edit: ok, I see it's not possible)

Edited by Rick

You want me to choose? To choose one of those fantastic figures?!

I like them all. When we figure out how they are selling (random parts or full figures) I will endevour to get all of them. I adore the Spaceman though, he's just what I need in my new MOC.

I have managed to update and touch up on the poll description. Hope its much better now. :classic:

#7 is an international incident waiting to happen, since the only people publicly using 'Indian' are people who use English as a second language (ie. Denmark)

Err.. I am a little slow right now, but is my wording spelt wrongly? :look:

#4 must then be 'Cowboy', not too hard after all. Any chance of updating the poll? (edit: ok, I see it's not possible)

Yes, I have changed it. Just tested it out to ensure that the poll results are not altered in any way.

I love the crash dummy. It's unlike anything TLG has made before. The white space guy is also great and might make a nice SP3 commander.

The sub-title on this thread will eventually be, "Which minifig is going to be the most expensive on BrickLink?" Of course, the real answer is, "all of them"

Gotta get em' all!

Actually perhaps a different poll with a slight twist would be, "Which special collectible minifig would you put on your Lego business card, if you worked for Lego?" This question may reflect one's personality better. Similar to choosing an avatar.

Err.. I am a little slow right now, but is my wording spelt wrongly? :look:

No, I guess in the U.S. it's a politically incorrect term and that's why they use 'native Americans', but I don't know the ins-and-outs about it either.

To me they are nearly all perfect, the only figures that I am not over impressed with are number 6 Diver, and number 13 Rocker, because to me they do seem particularly special.

To pick my favourate would be number 1 Caveman. Such a great idea, and is a subject Lego have never explored (apart from in Duplo). But other favourates are Clown, Cheerleader, Native American, Forestman, Nurse and Cowboy.

I'm sure wikipedia could answer this more eloquently, but Indian is not an approved word in English anymore, much as Eskimo hasn't been used in Canada for 20 years. The name Indian comes from India, which the people in the Americas weren't. First Nations or Native American is the preferred term.

I'm a Canadian in Japan, so I still hear it a lot, but it's almost an as out of date as a term as "the n-word", so I still get a little shocked by it. But my (Native) professor in university said he preferred it since it removed confusion. Who knows.

Anyway, I like robots.

I think in the context of a Western, 'Indian' is a perfectly acceptable term. I think that's why it's kind of acceptable... in a Western theme, according to the parlance of the time, calling them 'Native Americans' wouldn't make much sense at all.

It's a matter of historical accuracy versus political correctness, and I like to think common sense favours the former.

Edited by David Thomsen

I think in the context of a Western, 'Indian' is a perfectly acceptable term. I think that's why it's kind of acceptable... in a Western theme, according to the parlance of the time, calling them 'Native Americans' wouldn't make much sense at all.

In the context that the person speaking is a character living over 100 years ago, agreed :wink:

Even if I'm pretty sure they won't be available in Spain... :hmpf_bad: my fav is definitely number 2, that beautiful cheerleader :wub:

Even if I'm pretty sure they won't be available in Spain... :hmpf_bad: my fav is definitely number 2, that beautiful cheerleader :wub:

Why do you think so? Sweden will definitely get them and it's not a country that has been especially blessed by the LEGO gods before. I think this will be one of the great, world-wide new things from LEGO in 2010.

EDIT: As an archaeologist I had to vote for the caveman (despite it's totally unauthentic look) :tongue:

Edited by Etzel

I like the cheerleader best; the caveman and clown are very good too

Are they coming out with LEGO Monopoly boardgame any time soon? Since no. 8 look very much like the one in Monopoly.

Just wonder how they going to distribute this...