Sign in to follow this  
Sir Norman Ray

"The South Essex sah!"

Hi there.

I've been stalking this board for a month or so now. Personally, I blame you lot, ALL of you, for making me start this :-P

After raiding EBay a lot, I've formed a little unit of currently 65 men, including enlisted men, officers, veteran NCO's with spears, 3 standard bearers, 4 men currently armed with rifles (black muskets), 5 men assigned to a cannon and the South Essex's founder and funder, Sir Norman Ray.

picture3.png

picture3.png_thumb.jpg picture2.png_thumb.jpg picture1.png_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry about the pic size, I am not sure now to resize right now, and I have no blooming idea how to take pictures either with quality. So, its just the links until I can figure out something. (Or I get help :'-( )

(BTW: First two people who can correctly name where I got the company name and who their founder was gets to name my two main officers)

(Edit by Phred: Resized 1st Image and posted it and made thumb-links)

Edited by phred

Greetings Sir Norman Ray! We're only too happy to assist you with developing a Pirate LEGO addiction X-D

You've amassed quite a nice army there. Can't think of the origins of your company's name though.

Greetings Sir Norman Ray! We're only too happy to assist you with developing a Pirate LEGO addiction X-D

You've amassed quite a nice army there. Can't think of the origins of your company's name though.

Why thank you! Though, I think I'll stick to Guinness and Magners, it's a safer addiction then this *sweet*

And thanks, its taken a lot, and I'm still needing more muskets (waiting for them) and more shakos.

Welcome to Eurobricks. Nice army. Aren't shakos supposed to be rare and expensive these days? There was even a discussion recently about having some custom made.

Does "sah" refer to "Shop At Home"?!

Welcome to Eurobricks. Nice army. Aren't shakos supposed to be rare and expensive these days? There was even a discussion recently about having some custom made.

Does "sah" refer to "Shop At Home"?!

That would be my luck their rare of rocking horse poop. Personally, and no offense, I dont do custom stuff. (Its cos I dont have the time or patience anymore, work an all.)

Sah is actually how I write sir is its said in a loud or pompous voice, its a reference to the origin of the name of my company, and if somebody could guess it already, i could explain!

Hi there.

I've been stalking this board for a month or so now. Personally, I blame you lot, ALL of you, for making me start this :-P

After raiding EBay a lot, I've formed a little unit of currently 65 men, including enlisted men, officers, veteran NCO's with spears, 3 standard bearers, 4 men currently armed with rifles (black muskets), 5 men assigned to a cannon and the South Essex's founder and funder, Sir Norman Ray.

http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hpim0868cm1.jpg

http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hpim0867ps0.jpg

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hpim0862in4.jpg

I'm sorry about the pic size, I am not sure now to resize right now, and I have no blooming idea how to take pictures either with quality. So, its just the links until I can figure out something. (Or I get help :'-( )

(BTW: First two people who can correctly name where I got the company name and who their founder was gets to name my two main officers)

I dont know about the name Sir Norman Ray but the South Essex is the regiment of one Richard Sharpe in the books by Bernard Cornwell and was commanded by Arthur Wellesley later to become Duke of Wellington, don't actually know if he was the founder though. If this enough to qualify I name one of your officers Sir Hugo Ashford-Smythe.

Personally, and no offense, I dont do custom stuff.

I don't do customs either. My attitude is if you customise pieces it is no longer Lego and you might as well be a kit basher, which is a completely different hobby.

Sah is actually how I write sir is its said in a loud or pompous voice, its a reference to the origin of the name of my company, and if somebody could guess it already, i could explain!

Actually I was only joking. Shop at home is generally written S@H anyway.

I dont know about the name Sir Norman Ray but the South Essex is the regiment of one Richard Sharpe in the books by Bernard Cornwell and was commanded by Arthur Wellesley later to become Duke of Wellington, don't actually know if he was the founder though. If this enough to qualify I name one of your officers Sir Hugo Ashford-Smythe.

... and welcome to Eurobricks!

I don't do customs either. My attitude is if you customise pieces it is no longer Lego and you might as well be a kit basher, which is a completely different hobby.

... and welcome to Eurobricks!

Thank you for the welcome - I have been dropping in browsing eurobricks occasionally for while, finally got round to joining. On the subject of customising - OK I admit I tried once, i didn't like it and i am not proud, I just wasted some Lego. That said, there are some exceptions - Big Ben Wheels and Brickarms bith produce high quality stuff.

On the subject of customising - OK I admit I tried once, i didn't like it and i am not proud, I just wasted some Lego. That said, there are some exceptions - Big Ben Wheels and Brickarms bith produce high quality stuff.

I don't consider them "customizers" as they don't modify existing LEGO (well, decals on torsos I suppose for Will) they create new LEGO-compatible elements. :-$

And just to save valuable red torsos: I don't think that gunners wore red coats in the British Army of the time.

Edited by tedbeard

Richard James, ye be close, but not enough. Sorry mate.

Poop to ye Sinner and your wit |-/

tedbeard I know, buuuuuut, this a custom army where Sir Norman Ray funded it all, sometimes he's intelligent, like getting rifles, other times he's stupid like getting his own cannon...

tedbeard I know, buuuuuut, this a custom army where Sir Norman Ray funded it all, sometimes he's intelligent, like getting rifles, other times he's stupid like getting his own cannon...

Oh, no doubt. I just thought it was a way to increase your infantry without having to buy more expensive redcoats. *sweet*

Oh, no doubt. I just thought it was a way to increase your infantry without having to buy more expensive redcoats. *sweet*

It's not so much redcoats now, I have around a dozen that have packs, but need muskets (paid and bidding on) and Shako's (as discussed, rarer then rocking horse poop.) I also have on order some proper flags because I hate what I have right now. (I also need yellow shoulder pad thingies)

Hello there Sir Norman Ray very fine army you have their, coming a long nicely. You can get nice flag designs from this site, http://www.warflag.com/napflags/html/flags.htm As you said Shako's are extremely rare and I myself need a lot of them for both my French, British, and Prussian armies.

Welcome at Eurobricks Sir Norman Ray !!

Here's an easy tutorial to help you resize those big pictures.

I just love armies. I can't get enough of them.

Do you plan some battle-scenes?

Edited by bonaparte

Thank you, thank you all! *wub*

Damn you Fordo, lapping them all up! :-P I'm actually looking for another South Essex's flag design (contest is still on!)

And thank you Short Corporal, I like them as well :) No battle scenes though as the amount of Bluecoats I have is less then a dozen :-P I do have some positions planned though

Nice Army!

I love the red coats!

Umm... anyhow, yeah, yeah shakos are really tough to come by, but that doesn't mean we can't try to collect them all!!

Maybe they are easier to get in Europe than they are in the US!

Anyhow, keep us updated on the collection.

Do you have any MOCs besides the figures in the work?

Nice Army!

I love the red coats!

Umm... anyhow, yeah, yeah shakos are really tough to come by, but that doesn't mean we can't try to collect them all!!

Maybe they are easier to get in Europe than they are in the US!

Anyhow, keep us updated on the collection.

Do you have any MOCs besides the figures in the work?

I think I may as well make my own blooming Shakos, I got custom made Lego Guns on order, why not hats? (And no, Europe is hard as well...)

I do want to make a base for them, but its hard as they are meant to be army personal, not naval. (Maybe they're garrisoned out there? I dunno...) But I need more stuff first really. My own, old stuff is limited

Welcome to EB Sah,

That's quite an impressive formation you've got there *y*

Way more imperials than i have, that's for sure.

As i've already PMed you, I've edited your first post to include pictures.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

P

Thank you *sweet*

As it stands, those pictures are now obsolete, as I have taken the advice to make my cannon crew blue (after raiding my old Lego stuff). I plan to to put more pics up on Wednesday, by which time I should have recieved two flags and at least ten more muskets.

I need to find a bigger board to show my men on, this is getting silly! :'-(

Welcome to EB Sah,

That's quite an impressive formation you've got there *y*

Way more imperials than i have, that's for sure.

As i've already PMed you, I've edited your first post to include pictures.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

P

You are doing an outstanding job Mr. Regulator !!

Very nice, but use fleshies! *wub*

I prefer not to use fleshies, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Edited by bonaparte