Sign in to follow this  
Calabar

New indexes in the Digital Designer forum

Comments about new Index and new Section Rules topics

In order to make the section more easy for old and new users, we are creating a new index and a section rules topic. Have a look and tell us if there is something you think should be added, removed, moved. Any suggestion about how to improve the index is welcome.

Remember that, for now, it is a work in progress, so don't worry if something is still incomplete or only draft.

PS: for those topics that have to be created or reconditioned, we accept volunteers! :grin:

A little note about the list of MLCAD related software.

The list is surely incomplete, I'll talk about that with legolijntje to find a good way to upgrade that.

The index says the LDraw info topic is an KEY TOPIC. Maybe you should add [KEY TOPIC] to name of the topic now, because it isn't pinnend anymore. And you can maybe add that it's still a bit WIP?

The other parts look great :thumbup:, but I think there is one downside of this, for example:

"Hello, I'm X and I use the LDD info topic very much, but everytime I want to use it, I have to search for it in the long list"

Well, strange example..., but still, I think you get the point :tongue: It's a long list, so that means, difficult to find things... Maybe you should still pin the most important ones?

Edited by legolijntje

About the [KEY TOPIC] tag, yes, I thought to add it. I want to think about that a little more, but probably I'll do that soon.

About the use of the index, I was thinking to add a little showcase in the first post with the more used topics. Probably I'll do that when the "work in progress" stage will be completed.

I made subdivisions so that it should be easy to find all the common topics. Easy, but not necessarily very fast! :tongue:

Anyway, I don't think to pin other topics. We want few pinned topics that every user read.

Pin many topics could be comfortable for access that quickly, but it is a problem when you want to highlight few important ones.

Beside, topics that should be pinned for an easy access are really too much, and it is impossible to pin all that. Pin only some of that will be a compromise anyway, so I think it is better to put all that topics in the index instead.

I tried to make a little "showcase" inside the index topic, as an experiment.

I'm still in doubt, because after all the showcase contains key topics and don't offer much more than the "key topic" section of the index.