I have been waiting for this set since the pictures for the toy fairs eirlier in the year and I am glad to say I am not disapointed.

First the price it is not cheap at

Thank you vey much for this review. I do have some questions;

1. What are the white clutches geared into?

2. Is the engine geared to one or both drive motors?

3. How well does it go on carpet?

4. Can it doze without breaking the blade?

Thank you vey much for this review. I do have some questions;

1. What are the white clutches geared into?

2. Is the engine geared to one or both drive motors?

3. How well does it go on carpet?

4. Can it doze without breaking the blade?

The clutches are for the shovel and claw on the front and back

The engine is driven from only one of the drive motors.

It works fine on our rugs but we have mainly wood floors.

Not sure if is fairly strong I have only chased the cat at the moment :'-(

Excellent review, thanks! What is the cost in US? Not released in my area. The shovel is obviously my favorite area, it looks detailed and strong. I love the treads, because I need them to move the 4 x 4 barrels on my super-scaled turbolaser turret. Very good pics too. What color are the treads? I never had them. They are plastic or rubber?

Edited by Grand Moff Viceroy

The clutches are for the shovel and claw on the front and back

The engine is driven from only one of the drive motors.

It works fine on our rugs but we have mainly wood floors.

Not sure if is fairly strong I have only chased the cat at the moment :'-(

Thank you! *wub* (I expected the engine was run from only one drive motor; that would have involved some complicated mechanics to do otherwise!)

Excellent review, thanks! What is the cost in US? Not released in my area. The shovel is obviously my favorite area, it looks detailed and strong. I love the treads, because I need them to move the 4 x 4 barrels on my super-scaled turbolaser turret. Very good pics too. What color are the treads? I never had them. They are plastic or rubber?

The treads are dark grey I not too good with naming colours.

The treads are the same as in the snowmobile set released earlier in the year they are a hard plastic.

The treads are dark grey I not too good with naming colours.

The treads are the same as in the snowmobile set released earlier in the year they are a hard plastic.

Thanks, you have proved yourself strong enough for the dark side.

Ah man...I wanted to review it with mine. Oh well. Here in the U.S. it cost $150 and has 1355 pieces total. The pins and axles did seem a bit difficult in putting them into place. A problem I have been having is the batterys are done after about 4 hours of play, which I really wish they would last longer :-( . Overall it is a stupendous set and it is really nice to see our old friend the studs make a return!

Ah man...I wanted to review it with mine. Oh well. Here in the U.S. it cost $150 and has 1355 pieces total. The pins and axles did seem a bit difficult in putting them into place. A problem I have been having is the batterys are done after about 4 hours of play, which I really wish they would last longer :-( . Overall it is a stupendous set and it is really nice to see our old friend the studs make a return!

You found it in the U.S.???? Where?? I'm really liking this set! Its looking better now that i'm seeing more of it at differnt angles. I'mvery curious how wellit pulls, and and can push/doze before the clutches start slipping.

Thanks for the review, it really looks cool. Too bad it's soo expensive. :-/

I must admit that I prefer the 8421 mobile crane for more or less the same price, the design is more "sexy". *wub*

Thanks for the great review of this set. I've been looking forward to it as well and I am excited about the wireless controls like the Dino.

I too am curious if this set has been released here in the US. I was told that it was a Sept 1 release.

I agree about the battery life. My Dino set lasted about 4 hours too.

Thanks for the review!

This looks like a great set, and with four motors, two receivers and a remote control I wouldn't say it is overpriced. It is still a lot of money though.....

If my scholarship permits it I will seriously consider buying this set.

I can't wait to get my paws on this dozer! :-$

The new motors look very interesting and I It will be fun to see which possibilities they have in any future MOC:s.

Thank you very much for that neat review, Ickelpete! *y*

Your pictures

You found it in the U.S.???? Where?? I'm really liking this set! Its looking better now that i'm seeing more of it at differnt angles. I'mvery curious how wellit pulls, and and can push/doze before the clutches start slipping.

The clutches are only for the shovel and claw on the front and back the tracks are driven directly from the XL motors and first impressions are good they seem quite powerful it will climb over a small cusion quite easily.

Ickel, thanks for that awesome review. It makes me want to buy this set. I think it'd go just swell with the Mobile Crane.

The fact that it has all the motors and such is awesome, I can foresee using those for a lot of other functions for MOCs.

And, well I'm a fan of treads. You can never have enough treads :-D

Hm, would you be able to tell us, perhaps after a test or two what kind of weight this beast can push around?

Thank you!

Hi,

many thanks for this review, photos and videos.

I can't wait to put the hands on mine, since it is already ordered and should arrive before the end of the month. :'-)

Could you post a scan or photos, from those last pages in the Building Instructions where the parts included are listed?

Thanks

Edited by Conchas

What i really want is for philo or someone to test it's power and such. *sweet*

edit

The power of the motors that is. Its getting late. *sing*

Edited by EyesOnly

could you please please post the instruction boolets' number codes (located on the back in tiny print)? so that we can download them from lego.com and have a look for ourselves.

I think a personalised flag would be a good finishing touch to this set!

thanks.

What i really want is for philo or someone to test it's power and such. *sweet*

edit

The power of the motors that is. Its getting late. *sing*

I just noticed that he has done that in Brick journal 8. Check out page 56-61 for great info and a comparison to the gear motors. To bad it didn't include the NXT-motors since they are very similar.

Thank you Ickelpete for that great review. I give you two *y* up. I am not a technic fan, but this set definitly looks *sweet* . I see great potential using this set as a model for a smaller dozer for my town/train layout. I really *wub* the crawler tracks they used. I have been thinking about buying the snowmobile for the tracks. But if possible, I just might buy this set instead. I could definitly use the other parts for MOC's. Model On!!

could you please please post the instruction boolets' number codes (located on the back in tiny print)? so that we can download them from lego.com and have a look for ourselves.

When i read this i first though you meant set number but this model can't be found there yet and now i realize that you mean something completly different. What is this code you're after?

When i read this i first though you meant set number but this model can't be found there yet and now i realize that you mean something completly different. What is this code you're after?

There is a additional code in the booklet (different for every one) you should find it from the front or back cover. Also later editions have different codes. Some examples:

Set 7905 - 4497674 (Front Cover, Bottom Left)

Set 8421 - 4284910 (Book 1) and 4284922 (Book 2) (Back Cover, Bottom Right)

I'll bet the code is then used to "abuse" the Lego cache :-)

Mig