Sign in to follow this  
Dennimator

WIP MOC: Hangar

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Recently I got 1000 Dark Bluish Gray 1 x 2 bricks as a gift from a friend ( :wub: ). I thought a while on what BrickVille needed; and after browsing EB a bit I decided to build a hangar.

I wanted a SW-style one, so I thought of dimensions etc. At first I wanted it to be the size of one 48 x 48 big gray baseplate, but as I began to build it, I realised that I needed a control room etc as well, so I doubled the size. However, 1000 1x2 bricks aren´t enough for a layout that big, so I´ll have to buy another 1500 or so bricks.

Here are some pics of my progress so far:

09-12-27

p1011106.jpg

p1011107.jpg

p1011121.jpg

(Sorry for the bad pic, I´m using my friends camera and I´m not really used to it yet. :sceptic: )

The stained glass window:

p1011127.jpg

p1011128.jpg

p1011132.jpg

It also features 2 working slide doors (again, sorry for the bad pics):

p1011110.jpg

p1011119.jpg

I am puzzled about how to tile the floor, though. I want it to look good, but still not be too expensive to order from BL. Any ideas?

Comments, constructive criticism, tips or ideas warmly welcome. :classic:

Edited by KimT

It's a pretty awesome idea! I like the control panel thing although it looks a bit like stained glass :laugh: . Overall it looks really nice and I can't wait to see how it progresses.

It's a pretty awesome idea! I like the control panel thing although it looks a bit like stained glass :laugh: . Overall it looks really nice and I can't wait to see how it progresses.

Thanks. Actually, that´s no control panel. It is stained glass. :grin::laugh:

Thanks. Actually, that´s no control panel. It is stained glass. :grin::laugh:

:laugh:

Nice start, Dennimator. Instead of buying another huge amount of bricks, I would use plates on a technic structure. Ofcourse, if you can get the bricks cheaply, get them. As for the floor, I would leave it how it is and add a grill by the walls every other four or x many studs. Another bit of advice would be to not have as many sliding doors, therefore saving bricks for elsewhere as you would then not need two walls for support. :thumbup:

I take it this will be a Rebel Hanger, right? What other rooms would you put in?

:laugh:

Nice start, Dennimator. Instead of buying another huge amount of bricks, I would use plates on a technic structure. Ofcourse, if you can get the bricks cheaply, get them. As for the floor, I would leave it how it is and add a grill by the walls every other four or x many studs. Another bit of advice would be to not have as many sliding doors, therefore saving bricks for elsewhere as you would then not need two walls for support. :thumbup:

I take it this will be a Rebel Hanger, right? What other rooms would you put in?

Thanks. :classic:

I hope that I can get a load of bricks cheap, as I seem to be constantly low on plates... :sceptic:

Yeah, it´s a Rebel hangar. Actually I won´t put many other rooms in it, other than a service bay (is that the right name?). My idea is a big "main hangar" with some ships in it.

Looking good Dennis :thumbup:

May I suggest that you raise the floor one brick?

That would allow you to lower certain areas of the MOC.

You could for example have the sliding doors slide in the floor as well.

Also I am a great fan of "tiled" MOCs :wub: and you might consider doing that - if you've got the tiles (and money) for it :wink:

The window is neat, but I find it a little off in a Star Wars related MOC, sorry :blush:

Keep it up and keep us updated with your progress.

Looking good Dennis :thumbup:

May I suggest that you raise the floor one brick?

That would allow you to lower certain areas of the MOC.

You could for example have the sliding doors slide in the floor as well.

Also I am a great fan of "tiled" MOCs :wub: and you might consider doing that - if you've got the tiles (and money) for it :wink:

The window is neat, but I find it a little off in a Star Wars related MOC, sorry :blush:

Keep it up and keep us updated with your progress.

Thanks. :classic:

Okay, you´ve convinced me. I´ll raise the floor. :grin: If I tile it, I can even use any colour which I have too much of... maybe even megabloks? :devil:

I really want a stained glass window in there. I dunno why, I just want it. :blush:

Because of that, I have changed it. Is it enough Star Wars-y now? :grin:

p1011127.jpg

p1011128.jpg

p1011132.jpg