How do you like this set?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale from 1 to 5

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Thanks for the awesome review Erdbeereis1 :thumbup: . Well I firstly think this set is good when the first pics shown up, then having better pics I think it was the best of the line but still <insert that tiresome argument>, but now that I saw your review I think is surely the best of the line but also an amazing set :cry_happy: . I really like the color scheme of the PM line (Yeah I like it :tongue: ) and this has tons of that lovely lime green pieces. I think the AAT or RAS will need to wait a bit cause I need to get this set, is too awesome too pass it :cry_happy::thumbup: .

OFF-TOPIC.. :cannon:

Hey, what's all that about <insert that tiresome argument> sets? I saw many people on EB talking about sets being <insert that tiresome argument>..

Hey, what's all that about <insert that tiresome argument> sets? I saw many people on EB talking about sets being <insert that tiresome argument>..

It basically means when a set has many large pieces that are hard to use besides their original purpose. For example the new airplane pieces.

Hope that helps!

It basically means when a set has many large pieces that are hard to use besides their original purpose. For example the new airplane pieces.

Hope that helps!

Ok, thanks for answering my question. Oh and, does that mean big technic pieces only, or also non-technic?

*Walks back into the world of On-topic again*

Is it possible to "sweep" the crystals without moving around the vehicle? Sweeping crystals very close to a wall would be a bit hard cause you might hit the rock-wall, I guess. :tongue:

Edited by General Magma

Ok, thanks for answering my question. Oh and, does that mean big technic pieces only, or also non-technic?

*Walks back into the world of On-topic again*

Is it possible to "sweep" the crystals without moving around the vehicle? Sweeping crystals very close to a wall would be a bit hard cause you might hit the rock-wall, I guess. :tongue:

It also applies to non-technic, in fact, most <insert that tiresome argument> pieces aren't technic at all. Most people would consider that large orange container in this set a <insert that tiresome argument> piece, although that piece I imagine is quite useful for MOCs. :classic:

Unfortunatly, I don't think there's any way to "sweep" things with out moving it.

Doesn't juniorizing also mean that the set looks a bit exxagarated and over the top so that kids will be more likely to buy it?

Doesn't juniorizing also mean that the set looks a bit exxagarated and over the top so that kids will be more likely to buy it?

I don't know... Could be, I'm not an expert on these things. :tongue:

Nice Reveiw! I am actually starting to like this theme! I saw that it included a laptop. If possible could you show me the pic of its screen? thanks

Nice Reveiw! I am actually starting to like this theme! I saw that it included a laptop. If possible could you show me the pic of its screen? thanks

The instructions say to put a stcker on the screen, (normally it's just black) but I didn't want to put it on, in case I want to use the piece in a MOC later on.

However, you can see the sticker that's supposed to go on the sceen in the picture of the sticker sheet.

power_miners_review_004.jpg

The one that goes on the screen is the one in the upper-right corner. I think it's some sort of scanning device. Hope thatt helps!

Dang, $70 is too much for me. :/ I'll have to wait for a sale on these..

Because I think this just looks downright awesome.

Especially the awesome parts, such as the chain (SYSTEM CHAINS FTW!), the monsters, the orange Bohrok eyes, and that tri-plus rod Technic piece... I love those pieces, so many MOC uses.

Power Miners might be on my list for LEGO purchases next year, along with BIONICLE and maybe some City and Agents.

Great review, Erdbeereis1, thank you, especially for that video part. A crystal harvester... now that´s cool,

I wouldn´t´ve thought of that. A nice surprise, TLC, and well done, much better than I actually thought

indeed. The whole thing looks like something from an a little more colorful Mad Max universe, very playable

and full of neat details. Pretty interesting... oh no, should I really start to like that line too..? :cry_sad::tongue:

You know the lime green on the Agents' clothes? Well, just place some modern yellow heads on them and use them on the vehicle. It's really great for presentation! Unless you don't want to do it, then you don't have to do it.

Off Topic: Isn't the name oddly similar to MT-61 Crystal Reaper from the Mars Mission series?

Heh... good point. The Reaper is far better, too, imo.

Off Topic: Isn't the name oddly similar to MT-61 Crystal Reaper from the Mars Mission series?

Well, I guess... But then again, MM is pretty sucky, whereas PM is just plain awesome!

Well, I guess... But then again, MM is pretty sucky, whereas PM is just plain awesome!

Hold your tongue! MM 08 was excellent, with a ton of amazing ground vehicles comparable to classic Space! Although I agree MM 07 was rather lacking, I still don't know if I'd place it below Power Miners.

And also, I maintain that the Reaper is way better than the Sweeper. :tongue:

Wow, this set looks great! How was this review not front paged?? Great job on the review. One question. Now that you've reversed the teeth on the mining wheel in there propper direction, does the mining wheel work better now?

I have both of those and they are not alike at all! the sweeper harvests crystals and the reaper just shuffles them around! The sweeper is sooooo much better than the reaper! :sweet:

at 70 dollars its too much for me, but i found in the clearance shelf at walmart for 50 dollars. I will get it at the end of the week if it is still there,which i pope it is because i love the set! :tongue:

the striped stickers with the rough feel are glow in the dark

No. Not at all. They just have a grainy feel. You may be confusing Monster Fighters with Power Miners.

It's also frowned upon for bumping 6-year-old threads. Just sayin'.

No. Not at all. They just have a grainy feel. You may be confusing Monster Fighters with Power Miners.

It's also frowned upon for bumping 6-year-old threads. Just sayin'.

They do glow in the dark, might wanna check your facts.