Yzalirk

How is BrickOwl.com?

I've heard that BrickOwl is a good site to buy various LEGO things just like BrickLink but I want to know what the experience is like to buy from there. So if anyone has bought from there, please let me know because I've got two questions.

- Is the checkout there straight-forward like eBay rather than doing all the steps on BrickLink?

- Is there a way to have orders on different things from the same seller and/or the other sellers without having to buy from each store at a time?

Those are really the only questions I have so any help is much appreciated! :classic:

I've used Brickowl many times.

-When you check out shipping charges are shown in your cart and included in your total.

-The site links to paypal, so you pay immediatly. Some strores take credit cards.

-You can have as many open carts as you like, each store checks out seperately and counts as a unique order.

-There are not as many stores as Bricklink, selection and prices reflect that

I think finding parts and seeing what each store has is quick and easy. I love how the parts list breaks down into logical subcategories.

20332493171_b7911d3e31_m.jpg20139832779_4180c69ed0_m.jpg20332493511_9eb0795602_m.jpg

I recomend giving it a try.

Since I'm back from my dark ages I had used Bricklink, until I found Brickowl.

It's much easier to find items and the interface works great. You can upload lxf files which comes easy when you have designed your project in LDD.

One remark is when you have a wishlist, and click on buy the complete wishlist and select all the stores it doesn't reflect the cheapest possibility, I think it shows you the best purchase with less possible stores.

I use brick owl constantly. Why use it over Bricklink? It's just so easy to use and convenient. You don't need to "learn" how to use it. It works just like any online shop. Here's how I usually go through it if I'm looking for a part.

I usually enter a set number. Click on inventory. Select part and color. Then it lists sellers and prices. Select the seller and amount of parts. Checkout brings up pay pal. Hit pay and your done. Just like eBay.

Some sellers do request you select shipping quote then you need to wait until they get back to you. But it's all done via the site. So it's self contained.

You can place multiple orders with the same or different sellers. The selection of parts tends to be smaller than Bricklink.

I only use Bricklink as a last resort because of it's horrible interface and antiquated payment system.

I use brick owl constantly. Why use it over Bricklink? It's just so easy to use and convenient. You don't need to "learn" how to use it. It works just like any online shop. Here's how I usually go through it if I'm looking for a part.

I usually enter a set number. Click on inventory. Select part and color. Then it lists sellers and prices. Select the seller and amount of parts. Checkout brings up pay pal. Hit pay and your done. Just like eBay.

Some sellers do request you select shipping quote then you need to wait until they get back to you. But it's all done via the site. So it's self contained.

You can place multiple orders with the same or different sellers. The selection of parts tends to be smaller than Bricklink.

I only use Bricklink as a last resort because of it's horrible interface and antiquated payment system.

Beautiful explanation! :thumbup:

I'll try out BrickOwl first. If there are certain items I can't get get there, I'll use BrickLink for that then but I doubt that'll happen.

I get that a lot of people like it, and in some ways it's much nicer to use than bricklink, but I actually find building my wanted list awkward, and it seems harder to set a global filter to North American (or whatever region).

So some things for me just really don't seem as intuitive as you all are suggesting. While bricklink's interface is outdated and under-engineered, I think brickowl's is over engineered, and that makes doing some things slower and more awkward than it should be, IMO.

So I really can't say I have a preference.

... and the forums SUCK on both sites.