BrickWild

LEGO Executive Jet

It has been replaced with a Cessna 560XL Citation Excel

not sure when this was.

cessna_560xl_citation_excel.jpg

Cool! I reckon they would make great sets like the Lego truck!

I wonder if they have a pick a brick wall inside? :tongue:

Cool! I reckon they would make great sets like the Lego truck!

I wonder if they have a pick a brick wall inside? default_tong.gif

default_laugh_new.gif I would really like to see it made into a set too, also I never knew there was a lego plane default_blush.gif

Hmmm... reminds me of this:

6368-1.jpg

So maybe they did make it into a set. In 1985.

I did a bit of digging and TLG have had a vast number of aircraft over the years.

Looks like they started out with this Cessna 421, not quite an executive jet. They bought it brand new and flew it from 1968-1978.

l3001.jpg

OY-DNL

in 1970 they bought a Learjet 25 which lasted until 1972

l12790.jpg

In 1978 they bought a Piper Pa-31T Cheyenne II which flew until 1981

l6993.jpg

Then they upgraded in 1979 to a Cessna Citation 550 and flew that until 1992. It is now flying in Switzerland for an airline called Bannert Air.

l8940.jpg

From 1980 til 1984 they flew this Beech King Air

l10265.jpg

In 1984 they also bought a Cessna Citation 650 III and flew that until 2001.

l5254.jpg

From 1992 to 2004 they had a Dassault Falcon 900 jet.

l5582.jpg

In 1997 they started flying this more powerful Beech King Air and continued to do so until 2002

l13597.jpg

In 2001 they replaced their Citation III with a new Cessna Citation 560 Excel which flew til 2005

l5735.jpg

From 2002-2005 they complimented their existing 560 Excel with another one! This one was even temporarily registered as OY-LEG for a time.

l8972.jpg

In 2004 they upgraded to a new model of the Dassault Falcon, replacing their old one with an EX. As far as I can tell this is the only aircraft still flying in Lego's Denmark fleet. Being a global company they may well have aircraft based in other countries.

l12414.jpg

I believe a number of these aircraft are co-owned by Kirkbi A/S, an investment company owned by the family that founded TLG.

Cheers,

Laurie

In 2004 they upgraded to a new model of the Dassault Falcon, replacing their old one with an EX. As far as I can tell this is the only aircraft still flying in Lego's Denmark fleet. Being a global company they may well have aircraft based in other countries.

l12414.jpg

What no Lego sign on the side! :cry_sad:

Thank you for the nice story. I didn't knew they had this little private jets. :classic:

Edited by Wout

I never knew Lego had private jets, guess you learn something new every day.

What no Lego sign on the side! :cry_sad:

Thank you for the nice story. I didn't knew they had this little private jets. :classic:

It looks like this plane is also used by an executive jet company called Air Alsie, though according to the Danish Civil Aircraft Register it is owned by TLG. Maybe cos it's used by other companies they didn't want to stick a big Lego logo on the side. It is a bit disappointing though, the only one without the logo. My fave is the Learjet with Legoland written on the engines. That's a classic town exec jet :classic:

Laurie

I never knew Lego had private jets, guess you learn something new every day.

Me neither. I guess if you get rich, you get a private jet automatically :tongue:

Me neither. I guess if you get rich, you get a private jet automatically :tongue:

Actually it is easier to provide security for the head of the company using a private jet than having to fly on a regular airline. Another thing to remember is not to put your entire company's senior management team on the same plane or flight.

here is the interior of the falcon ex

1195392.jpg

by the way, not my photo got it from airliners.net

Edited by danim

Aww... no Lego play area :cry_sad: Those poor executives must be so bored while on the plane.

:tongue:

It's amazing how many planes they had over the years. :classic: I agree with everyone else though, I wish there was a LEGO logo on the plane.

1195392.jpg

I wish it were my photo, than that would mean I was inside it. :tongue:

-

General Redwater

1195392.jpg

Nice interior! Any more interior shots?

unfortunatly that is the only interior photo I could find but did find this photo which shows that the aircraft now has the lego logo on the outside

0913388.jpg

According to Brickset, a Lego Group Piper plane pre-dating all those shown in this thread has been made into an exclusive set (4000012). Could OY-FAV be TLG's first executive aircraft? Built in 1962, here's a photo (from http://www.oy-reg.dk/) in 1963:

l1739.jpg

And another in 2001:

l1570.jpg

However at some time between those dates it was sold to another operator, and even appeared in a museum! (have a look here) This plane certainly seems to have an interesting history. I'd love to hear more from anyone who has any details.

This is the first year where I've been REAL jealous of the people on the Inside Tour. That plane is great looking and that tower :wub:(all those 'brick' bricks!). Thats neat it's modeled after their plane. Although...aren't all the Inside Tour sets based on something close to TLG?

unfortunatly that is the only interior photo I could find but did find this photo which shows that the aircraft now has the lego logo on the outside

0913388.jpg

What that logo is tiny. You would have to be quite close just to see it.

That set is amazing. I love the tower.

Also, does anybody know if those pieces on the plane are printed or are stickers.

Edited by The Blue Brick