Hello everyone. Long time lurker on the forums, first time posting. Does anyone know a good and effective way to Recolor Lego hair pieces? I'd die happy if I could figure out a way to get the BvS superman hair in green on a joker minifigure.

Note: I am not remotely an expert. I'm just parroting what I remember, and hoping for Cunningham's Law to do its thing. If someone comes in and gives actual advice, listen to them, not me.

Paint would probably be the easiest. I've heard some people swear by dyeing parts (they say it keeps the original finish and better resembles official parts, and doesn't scrape off like paints do), but I don't think that would work with the black hair to green. Printing and stickers work better for applying designs to surfaces, not recoloring whole textured parts. Sharpie is the easiest customization technique for beginners, but it wouldn't allow you to lighten the color of the part, either.

Paint will let you experiment more with a single part, it'll be cheaper while getting started, and it'll let you work until you get an even color. Different paints give different finishes that resemble Lego parts to varying degrees. You can also clear coat them at the end to make them slightly more shiny and slightly more durable, but not much.

Dye won't work in this case, unless they release the hair in white.