Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Viking Whaling Outpost

An active Viking whaling outpost processing the recent catch

has attracted some unwarranted attention from an airborne predator.

VikingWhalingOutpost-a00-022EB.jpg

VikingWhalingOutpost-a01-017EB.jpg

VikingWhalingOutpost-a04-010EB.jpg

VikingWhalingOutpost-a03-025EB.jpg

VikingWhalingOutpost-a10-012EB.jpg

VikingWhalingOutpost-a11-014EB.jpg

VikingWhalingOutpost-a12-013EB.jpg

AC

Awesome! :grin:

That is a crafty Viking ship. :wink: That has got to be my favorite part of the scene. I haven't seen anyone do that before. The ice cavern is impressive as well. I like all the different compartments in there and all the goings on.

That is a crafty Viking ship. :wink: That has got to be my favorite part of the scene. I haven't seen anyone do that before.

Do what? The ship is an official model from a set.

Nice work on doing up this outpost where it actually involves the 'classic' Vikings, even though these Vikings are less than a decade old. It is truly nice to see builders re-visiting old themes and this is no exception.

Very nice piece of scenery! The whale looks awesome, and its skelleton looks cool. The cave/hill looks very realistic and I actually like the lack of furniture or other signs of long term stay because it looks like a temporary base used only to shelter or something. The only thing I would do different is that I'd put the axes leaning into the snow instead of letting them balance on the rear end. :tongue:

Great job, love the whale especially but all the camp details are neat. Interesting that you would choose that set to work around, I just did a re-do of it myself! Excellent fig posing and activity! :thumbup:

Nice, but where's all the blood, when they whaled in Tasmania the water would turn the colour of claret, one of the sights was named wine glass bay because the blood stained the water so much.

That aside a great and original build, and I think this is the first non star wars based creation I've seen of yours, though I'm sure there is plenty.

That is a crafty Viking ship. :wink: That has got to be my favorite part of the scene. I haven't seen anyone do that before. The ice cavern is impressive as well. I like all the different compartments in there and all the goings on.

The Viking ship and Wyvern dragon come from an official set.

:thumbup:

Nice work on doing up this outpost where it actually involves the 'classic' Vikings, even though these Vikings are less than a decade old. It is truly nice to see builders re-visiting old themes and this is no exception.

The CCCX gives me a chance to build in other themes besides SW.

Very nice piece of scenery! The whale looks awesome, and its skelleton looks cool. The cave/hill looks very realistic and I actually like the lack of furniture or other signs of long term stay because it looks like a temporary base used only to shelter or something. The only thing I would do different is that I'd put the axes leaning into the snow instead of letting them balance on the rear end. :tongue:

I agree about your observation on the axes being too rigidly placed.

Great job, love the whale especially but all the camp details are neat. Interesting that you would choose that set to work around, I just did a re-do of it myself! Excellent fig posing and activity! :thumbup:

The minifig posing helps me out in storyteling without exactly writing it. I'm also too lazy to do a full backstory. :grin:

Very nice scene, my favorite part is all the activity inside the glacier :thumbup:

Notice that the Vikings store their drinks in the same barrels for the whale fat after they've emptied them! :laugh:

Nice, but where's all the blood, when they whaled in Tasmania the water would turn the colour of claret, one of the sights was named wine glass bay because the blood stained the water so much.

That aside a great and original build, and I think this is the first non star wars based creation I've seen of yours, though I'm sure there is plenty.

I've skipped the gore as kids frequently view my site as well.

Just look at the bottom of the page for the other MOCs I've done as CCCX entries.

AC

Really?! Are my eyes deceiving me...it looks like two Pirate row boats put back to back with a built mast connecting them... :blush: The Viking theme was before my time, so I'm a bit ignorant on the sets.